Jim-w

Joined: 3rd August 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Jim-w
Nigel wrote "we haven't even really looked in any detail"
There are art historians around the world attending seminars that go into less detail than you Nigel
It will be sad day when a photographic image is judged on its Dynamic Range and the shape of its histogram.
Do I prefer your HDR or Andrews version? I can't say to be honest, and don't be offended but the image does nothing for me regardless of treatment.
But anyhow these are just my thoughts, keep up the in depth analysis as I am interested in where it will all lead.

Jim

Comment by Jim-w posted on Across Riddlesdown, at 14mm at 04/04/2014 - 12:54

Jim-w
I LOVE these Nigel
I think the effects are horrible, but I love the fact it's you Nigel that's using and enjoying them.
After reading countless threads where your sole aim always seems to be clinical perfection this is fantastic.
Keep experimenting. And keep going to that fun farm, it's done you good.

All the best.....jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on A Few Effects at 24/03/2014 - 04:51

Jim-w
With the front/back focusing issues I am having lately yards would be more than accurate enough

Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Focal Lengths ... at 10/03/2014 - 15:09

Jim-w
jeffstclair wrote:
I live in a country made of dust held together with grit .. if ever I am able to up grade from the K100 I will go for a weatherproof DSLR ..... jeff....
Crete was the reason I bought a K5 After a trip there to visit my sister my Canon compact camera ended up with bits of Samaria gorge, Elafonisi, Balos and Agia Marina beach in it's workings. So I had to look into a getting a dust/weather proof camera so a big thank you Crete .
I have had no trouble with dust or water since having a K5 and that includes taking a dive from a camel in the Sahara desert to monsoon rain in Cambodia. So for someone like myself who isn't always that protective of my stuff, having the WR protection is well worth it.

Jim...

Comment by Jim-w posted on How many people actually need weather sealing? at 15/02/2014 - 08:42

Jim-w
Comment Image

Port El Kantaoui 2012.

Jim...

Comment by Jim-w posted on Any advice on what to shoot in Tunisia? at 07/02/2014 - 20:55

Jim-w
Google DSLR field monitor.
Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

All the best Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Viewfinder query at 06/02/2014 - 14:27

Jim-w
Are these cameras made from aluminium ? if so this project may need to be passed down through the Riley family generations, as a quick look on Google shows estimates for a aluminium can to biodegrade at anywhere between 200 and 500 years
Quote:
check back in 10 years or so....

I would guess in 10 years it will look pretty much as it does now, maybe the moss will start growing on it. Although that would make an interesting timelapse video.

All the best..Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Project Decay #34 at 01/02/2014 - 07:47

Jim-w
Rest in peace Richard.

Well said Gravelrash......+1

Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Sad news at 27/01/2014 - 04:45

Jim-w


Smeggy wrote......."Terrible response. You know damn well what the issue is."

Issue for who ??

All the best......Jim.

No issues here

Comment by Jim-w posted on This has upset the fanboys at 20/01/2014 - 07:38

Jim-w
Quote:
It appears the Pentax logo is nowhere to be seen on the Ricoh stand at CES
Apart from the couple of hundred times it appears on the cameras and lenses in the pictures you linked to Smeggy......

Just out of curiosity, what makes someone a "fanboy" ??
Would a person have to own at least a couple of Pentax cameras, a collection of Pentax lenses and spend years talking about Pentax on a Pentax forum to qualify ?.....

All the best...Jim.

Marathon / Snickers.
Opal Fruits / Starburst.
Pentax / Ricoh.
Who cares, life goes on.

Comment by Jim-w posted on This has upset the fanboys at 18/01/2014 - 07:49

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo