Jim-w

Joined: 3rd August 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Jim-w
Lovely image Jules.
But "bad weather" "half the county under water" the rest coverered in fallen trees" sounds like a fantastic photo opportunity.
Just a thought.............Jim

Comment by Jim-w posted on Slim pickings at 30/12/2013 - 04:31

Jim-w
....or how about this

Comment Image


Jim...

Comment by Jim-w posted on New use for old gear at 06/12/2013 - 20:13

Jim-w
There are lots of reasons to smile, so show me an image that makes you smile.

Competition up and running so come on have a go


All the best.........Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Weekly competition #333- Make Me Smile. at 26/11/2013 - 19:23

Jim-w
Quote:
kept only as backup/wr
18-55mm WR
Quote:
ditch the 18-55mm
Keep the 18-55, perfectly good lens.
Buy a very large bag and take weight lifting classes to carry the other 13 lenses you mention.

All the best...Jim

Comment by Jim-w posted on what lens to go for next? at 02/11/2013 - 07:53

Jim-w
Just a thought Nigel but is it possible that as these images were taken during our recent spell of hot dry weather, that maybe the grass had a yellow tinge to it anyway? Quite normal for short dry grass not to be green.
Maybe you need to set your monitor to a known colour source rather than assuming green is a particular green or even the white window frames are white !! If you see what I mean.

All the best......jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Testing Testing 123 at 23/10/2013 - 04:31

Jim-w
McGregNi
Quote:
After the utter pasting I took yesterday
It's a shame you feel like that Nigel, you asked for feedback on your images and that is what you got.

cameraboy
Quote:
not all of us are particularily good at photography
How true, if you want the definition of c**p photography take a look at my gallery.

I will leave any thoughts and observations I have on your images for others to comment on.



All the best....Jim

Comment by Jim-w posted on Polesden Lacy Showcase at 13/10/2013 - 08:32

Jim-w
The first picture for me needs most of the foreground grass cropping off to make the grass and water meet at the bottom right hand of the image, this is because I think you are trying to show us the lake and surrounding scenery, yet almost half the image shows us the grass at your feet.
The second image and the crop of it do nothing for me, if you are going to photograph birds they need to be the main subject and facing you, perhaps as Smeggy suggested getting down low and close would have made for a more interesting shot, I also know these things are nasty little blighters and more suited to the dinner table than pictures I also notice that in the distance the nicley rounded hillside with its footpaths may have made an interesting shot.
The teapot fountain again for me needs a big chunk cropping of the bottom but also needs a something adding to right : to my eye there just seems something missing.
The next image nicely framed with the overhanging branches colors very vibrant maybe too much for some, but I like it, yet once again for me the shot is spoiled slightly by the fact that a good third of the picture is the grass at your feet and a driveway, I would guess when you saw that scene you thought nice house, flowers, background etc. I doubt you looked at that drive and thought Hmmmmm nice But maybe you did :
The last image well despite Smeggys views on the 100 trillion images of a single tree in a field shots, I have to say I have seen what to me are some absolutely beautiful images of single trees in a field, sadly Nigel this is not one of them, you have managed to chop the top and sides off, I also think the background would distract from the typical single tree shot, maybe a change of position getting down lower, using your 14mm.
All in all Nigel the shots all look well exposed, they don't look overly processed and they all look level enough, the rest is just personal choice if you like them then that's what counts.

All the best......Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Surrey Gardens at 12/10/2013 - 10:08

Jim-w
Pentaxophile wrote:
eeks into thread:

Wow....

:swiftly exits:


Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Commercial shoot in Doha at 17/09/2013 - 15:36

Jim-w
Superb
Love the composition and colours.

All the best.....Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Jeff Buggly at 08/09/2013 - 18:02

Jim-w
DaveHolmes wrote:


It's normal to be more nervous of the Stag than the wedding right?
Have fun and congratulations


All the best....Jim.

Comment by Jim-w posted on Another pointless thread at 18/07/2013 - 11:08

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo