HowardJ

Joined: 27th October 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

HowardJ
Once again an amazing image Tom. Congratultions. I too have caught the bug, if you pardon the pun , and last week ordered a male-to-male adapter from SRB in Luton. It came next day - excellent service.


http://www.srbfilm.co.uk/


I've not yet experimented. I hope an old(ish) man can learn from a youngster.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Macro fly image at 25/02/2007 - 13:55

HowardJ
If you are in North Wales are you within easy reach of Chester, or there used to be a good photography shop in Colwyn Bay. Mid Wales would be somewhere like Aberystwyth, I believe there's a photo shop there. But then I'm sure you would have thought of these places.

Also how about an ad in the local paper (I've no idea of cost mind you ) .

Just a few thoughts.

Pob lwc

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Selling at 21/02/2007 - 21:14

HowardJ
I thought I'd resuurect this thread as I'd like some advice please. I'm being lazy not searching for reviews but I thought I'd get a more informed view here. What is the general opinion about Sigma 50mm F2.8 Professional Macro Lens - Pentax-KA fit which is on offer on ebay, currently at £51.

Thanks in advance.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Close up lenses vs. Extension tubes vs macro lens at 03/05/2007 - 20:21

HowardJ
Brilliant.

Now could you please share the secret of how you did it, ie your set up, fno etc. If you don't mind that is.

I have a set of manual extension tubes which I've tried with my DL2 without much success. Are they worth bothering with? Or should I look for PK/A ones? How much is a PK/A macro lens likely to cost?

Help gratefully received.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Close up lenses vs. Extension tubes vs macro lens at 17/04/2007 - 21:06

HowardJ
Very well done, Tom. Look forward to more.

However I'm intrigued as to where you found the cricket, and the earlier ant, in the UK at this time of year. Do you live near a zoo with an insect house :

Quote:
by Daniel Bridge
Looks as though your sensor could do with a quick clean though


Well spotted, Dan

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Black Field Cricket [6imgs] at 12/02/2007 - 21:26

HowardJ
Hi Andrew,

I assume from some of the place names that you are somewhere in God's own country, Wales for those don't know

I too had great difficulty with the links on the right hand frame - they just created another frame with a scroll bar. (I test and break s/w for a living so I often do silly things).

Good luck with your venture and your photography.

Howard.

Comment by HowardJ posted on signatures? at 07/02/2007 - 20:20

HowardJ
Great image. I assume it was indoors. Hand held?

Is she part of the World Wide Web : : : :



Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Arachnophobes don't look now at 30/01/2007 - 20:55

HowardJ
Isn't the discussion about sharpening going off topic?

Having said that I like the second image. It must be my old ( see another posting) eyes but I can't detect any camera shake in the first image. As mentioned before I must learn more about sharpening.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on K10D - Wish list? at 13/04/2007 - 16:07

HowardJ
TomNitti said:

Quote:


a male to male adapter to mount an extra 50mm lense

Tom you've given me some ideas to try, where can I get an adapter? I would want a 49-52 adapter. I've looked on ebay and I got no joy from that. I also asked at a Jessops store, not in their catalogue anymore. The friendly assistant suggested SRB in Luton. Any suggestions anybody?

As always - thanks.

Howard

PS How can I get an image in here? Can I copy it? or is it best to put a link in? : :

Comment by HowardJ posted on Macro Ant images at 27/01/2007 - 17:34

HowardJ
Amazing image.

BrilliANT. Did you ANTicipate that??

Sorry.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Macro Ant images at 23/01/2007 - 21:42

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo