signatures?
Posted 07/02/2007 - 18:50
Link
good, thanks
Please call me aj,
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Posted 07/02/2007 - 19:30
Link
Hi Andrew,
A couple of pointers on your mtb-guiding website, hope you don't mind.
First, there's no mention of where you are (unless I missed it), so people wouldn't necessarily know what region you guide in.
Secondly, the links on the right hand side open up within that tiny frame, so are, to be honest, useless. They need to be pointing to 'parent', at the end of each link, so they should have target="_parent" after each hyperlink, but still within the brackets. Then, they will change the whole page, not just the frame.
If that doesn't make sense, just say!
Off to have a look at your other site now.
Dan
A couple of pointers on your mtb-guiding website, hope you don't mind.
First, there's no mention of where you are (unless I missed it), so people wouldn't necessarily know what region you guide in.
Secondly, the links on the right hand side open up within that tiny frame, so are, to be honest, useless. They need to be pointing to 'parent', at the end of each link, so they should have target="_parent" after each hyperlink, but still within the brackets. Then, they will change the whole page, not just the frame.
If that doesn't make sense, just say!
Off to have a look at your other site now.
Dan
Posted 07/02/2007 - 20:20
Link
Hi Andrew,
I assume from some of the place names that you are somewhere in God's own country, Wales for those don't know
I too had great difficulty with the links on the right hand frame - they just created another frame with a scroll bar. (I test and break s/w for a living so I often do silly things).
Good luck with your venture and your photography.
Howard.
I assume from some of the place names that you are somewhere in God's own country, Wales for those don't know
I too had great difficulty with the links on the right hand frame - they just created another frame with a scroll bar. (I test and break s/w for a living so I often do silly things).
Good luck with your venture and your photography.
Howard.
Cymru Am Byth
Posted 07/02/2007 - 20:42
Link
thanks for the input daniel and howard.
I know where I am (most of the time), so hadn't noticed the lack of area notification. Thanks, I'll get onto it now.
I'm not an expert at html but this works fine in safari, firefox and opera on my mac. I don't have windows and i.e. so haven't tested for that.
I'll work on this too.
i appreciate the feedback.
I know where I am (most of the time), so hadn't noticed the lack of area notification. Thanks, I'll get onto it now.
I'm not an expert at html but this works fine in safari, firefox and opera on my mac. I don't have windows and i.e. so haven't tested for that.
I'll work on this too.
i appreciate the feedback.
Please call me aj,
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Posted 07/02/2007 - 22:58
Link
Just looked at it in Opera and it's fine there, so it must just be the way IE deals with frames - good job they're all designed to a standard!
Dan
Dan
Posted 07/02/2007 - 23:14
Link
Quote:
Just looked at it in Opera and it's fine there, so it must just be the way IE deals with frames - good job they're all designed to a standard!
Dan
most of them are, its just IE that breaks that standardJust looked at it in Opera and it's fine there, so it must just be the way IE deals with frames - good job they're all designed to a standard!
Dan
damn non W3C complient browsers.
Posted 08/02/2007 - 06:19
Link
God? Who's this God you keep talking about? Doesn't live next to me.
Daniel, (or anyone else who listening), can you test the mtb-guiding web page in I.E. again please. I implemented the changes you suggested and the pages load faster in the other browsers, but again I don't have.... wait a mo.... I've got a spare laptop with XP on it.
Never mind I'll check it now.
thanks anyway.
.... nope, still broke in I.E. Can anyone advise on the html code for showing the pages properly in I.E. please? I thought I had it sorted.
Daniel, (or anyone else who listening), can you test the mtb-guiding web page in I.E. again please. I implemented the changes you suggested and the pages load faster in the other browsers, but again I don't have.... wait a mo.... I've got a spare laptop with XP on it.
Never mind I'll check it now.
thanks anyway.
.... nope, still broke in I.E. Can anyone advise on the html code for showing the pages properly in I.E. please? I thought I had it sorted.
Please call me aj,
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Posted 08/02/2007 - 06:51
Link
_parent, doesn't work in my links with I.E.
I've changed to _blank for the moment. while not ideal it does at least display a page.
I've changed to _blank for the moment. while not ideal it does at least display a page.
Please call me aj,
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Posted 08/02/2007 - 09:31
Link
Just had a look at your source html, didn't realise you've embedded the links part as an object, thought it was an inline frame. Haven't tried this method myself so don't know how things interact. Also can't find my HTML book at the moment so can't look it up either.
I've used iframes in the past, very similar way of doing things, you could try:
<iframe name="links" src="links.html" frameborder="0" width="170" height="800"></iframe>
That might not work at all, or if it does, it might render it differently in different browsers. I use it on my website www.DanielBridge.co.uk for the 'advert' type of thing on the right hand side - "Looking for Greetings Cards...". That's an image (with an image map to provide links) in a webpage in an iframe. I also use them for the menu bars, the 'subscribe' box top right, and the copyright notice.
Dan
I've used iframes in the past, very similar way of doing things, you could try:
<iframe name="links" src="links.html" frameborder="0" width="170" height="800"></iframe>
That might not work at all, or if it does, it might render it differently in different browsers. I use it on my website www.DanielBridge.co.uk for the 'advert' type of thing on the right hand side - "Looking for Greetings Cards...". That's an image (with an image map to provide links) in a webpage in an iframe. I also use them for the menu bars, the 'subscribe' box top right, and the copyright notice.
Dan
Posted 08/02/2007 - 10:21
Link
Thanks for you help Daniel
Please call me aj,
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


693 posts
19 years
s. wales
what's the accepted use for putting websites in signatures here?
On other fora I am allowed to put links to my mtb website.
Can I do that here? Can I put a link to my photohosting site/s?
thanks
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery