HowardJ

Joined: 27th October 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

HowardJ
Me again!

I forgot to mention the Pentax User news letter - when I first joined last October I received a news letter and there was one in November since then however - not a dickie bird Will it be restarted : :


Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Pentax User Club (Take 2) at 27/03/2007 - 20:48

HowardJ
Nothing personal, Dan, and good luck to you, but I am very surprised that "a complete novice when it comes to cameras" is charged with "improving" a forum which deals with cameras and photographic equipment. I don't know about the other aspects of the club but this forum seems to work well. I don't post very often but I'm a frequent visitor and find it most enjoyable.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Pentax User Club (Take 2) at 27/03/2007 - 20:43

HowardJ
Formby, near Liverpool, is a very good place to see red squirrels. They are almost tame.

This is one I took there - pre-digital with my P35N, a year or two ago. I don't understand why it had such a black tail and back.

Comment Image


Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Aww.. how cute! at 29/03/2007 - 21:30

HowardJ
And here's one I took near Askrigg last summer. A not so ugly duckling!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/Tinywales/birdsandbutterflies/duckling.jpg

Are we going quackers : :

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on yesterdays photo at 22/03/2007 - 21:19

HowardJ
Got the link to work successfully.

I like it, with one minor comment - the plant in the bottom right hand corner is a bit distracting.

Must try to get to Leighton Moss again - not that far from here.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on yesterdays photo at 22/03/2007 - 20:56

HowardJ
Quote:
from Davem

...a teal using the DS and a Sigma 50 - 500mm.

What a clever duck I hope it did not get the camera wet.



Sorry!!!!!

Could not access the image - will try again soon.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on yesterdays photo at 22/03/2007 - 20:28

HowardJ
To add to Will's list, I would like to see a section on how to determine the sharpness of an image. To my untrained eyes all images, unless they are blurred by movement, look sharp

Thanks.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Would you like to see an FAQ section here at 27/03/2007 - 20:54

HowardJ
Indeed, George Ffestiniog is not a place I would choose to visit on a wet afternoon like today.

Thanks for your advice Liam. This is a severly cropped and manipulated, perhaps over manipulated, image taken in Holyhead last summer in the early days of my digital experience with a DL2.

Comment Image


Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on On the rails.. at 18/03/2007 - 15:06

HowardJ
Nice picture, Liam.

Quote:
George Lazarette said:

.....gritty, grimy, grey, coal towns around the fringes of Snowdonia.

Very evocative, and if you hadn't said Paignton, I would have assumed Blaenau Ffestiniog......
As one born and bred in North Wales I can't remember many coal towns near Snowdonia - near Wrexham perhaps! Blaenau Ffestiniog is/was a slate town.

at yesterday's result

Can someone explain to me how I can get an image into a posting. Do I have to have a link to a site such as Photobox or ePhotoZine? I've tried copying from an image from my HD but it does not work. So help please, pretty please.

Thanks in advance.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on On the rails.. at 18/03/2007 - 14:39

HowardJ
I thought you were talking about a real game played by real men.

It was very nice to see a Welsh win but it takes two teams to make a very exciting game.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Condolences to the English at 18/03/2007 - 14:49

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo