HowardJ

Joined: 27th October 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

HowardJ
I saw your wife's (SueRiley1) ? image of the "Singing Swan" on the ePhoto Pentax gallery - brilliant. What did she use for that? It does not seem as if you need any further lenses or is there a lot of work been done on the computer. After seeing that I almost withdrew my earlier posting.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Shooting wildlife at 16/05/2007 - 21:45

HowardJ
This was taken using a Sigma APO 75-300 mm set on 300mm. I quite like it - no "Photoshopping" just a bit of cropping.

Comment Image


However I must confess that I've often coveted some of the big lenses that I've seen round bird hides in Local Nature Reserves.

Hope that helps.

Howard

PS Comments accepted.

Comment by HowardJ posted on Shooting wildlife at 16/05/2007 - 20:07

HowardJ
Hi Pete,

Not wishing to insult you - google for Stan Halpin. I found it immediately.

In case you can't find it -

http://stans-photography.info/

HTH

Howard

I like the image. We had a collie when I was young, amazing dog he was.

Comment by HowardJ posted on £20 Manuel Focus Pentax A 80-200mm lens quick 1st Image at 03/05/2007 - 19:56

HowardJ
ChrisA wrote

Quote:
PS... not sure doggie is really all that sharp...
but I bet his teeth are


Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on £20 Manuel Focus Pentax A 80-200mm lens quick 1st Image at 01/05/2007 - 18:48

HowardJ
Tyr wrote: Where'd you get the adapter?


I got one from here -

SRB Film Service, Luton, photographic adaptors
Photographic Filters and Photographic Adaptors, Accessories etc.
www.srbfilm.co.uk/adaptors.htm

with very good service.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on ant and spider macors at 01/05/2007 - 18:56

HowardJ
Having read all the rave reviews given to the K10D on this forum by you ladies and gents and never having seen one I was beginning to the think that it was some mythical beast. But on Saturday morning in a shop window in Altrincham I saw one in the "flesh", along with its little brother the K100D. I could not linger long in case I was tempted. So I now know what it looks like.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on First sighting!! at 16/04/2007 - 21:55

HowardJ
Daniel Bridge wrote
Quote:
...and now it's finished - might as well sell your telly.
I can't do that as I've got to keep it until September/October so that I can watch Wales win the Rugby World Cup
............... wake up, wake up, Howard, your dreaming again

MattMatic wrote
Quote:
There's supposed to be a follow up...
but will it be as good : :

Is this known as going off thread?

BTW is there nobody out there willing to take on the title of the oldest or, being PC, the most mature forum member? It's one title I would not be sorry to lose.

Once again thanks all for a most interesting and amusing read.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on I'm old now.. at 16/04/2007 - 21:47

HowardJ
Mike Pearson said
Quote:
- I take it by "going to Mars" you mean astronomy or am I missing something?

Sorry about my obscure reference, nothing to do with astronomy. It being Tuesday I was going to watch "Life on Mars" on BBC1 - the only programme worth watching, IMHO, on the tele then.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on I'm old now.. at 15/04/2007 - 20:11

HowardJ
Quote:


Mac,

Quote:
Mr. Pearson? Are you and I the senior members of a UK-based forum?


I guess we are - unless there is someone else lurking in the weeds - by the way it's Mike.




Sorry gentlemen, I am in my 67th year So as an occassional poster I would like to claim the record as being the eldest. My great difficulty is not my eyes but keeping a steady hand Later on this evening I shall be going to Mars

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on I'm old now.. at 10/04/2007 - 20:11

HowardJ
Hi Dan,

Sorry.

I should take more care when reading the postings.



As I said - good luck to you in your task. I can not comment on the rest of the PUC as this is really the only bit I currently use. It would be nice to get the newsletter again.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Pentax User Club (Take 2) at 28/03/2007 - 21:00

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo