HowardJ

Joined: 27th October 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

HowardJ
Age shall not weary them -

Comment Image


First WW graves near Arres - taken with a P30n a few years ago.

Sorry it's sombre.

Howard

PS The sky line is a ridge of a hill.

Comment by HowardJ posted on Weekly Competition No 7 - "Age" at 20/08/2007 - 21:52

HowardJ
Have yoy tried NoteTab for coding your HTML? I found that it helped when I did HTML course some years ago.

See - http://www.notetab.com/ntl.php

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Web Design at 16/08/2007 - 20:18

HowardJ
Once again congratulations to all, especially the judge. I must say I enjoy the comments, I did not think I would. I hope the old adage "Never too old to learn" applies in my case.

Good luck to everybody this week.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Thoughts on the competition at 13/08/2007 - 21:12

HowardJ
I agree totally with Lilly and all the others - please can we go back to the original colours.




Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Forum Colours at 10/08/2007 - 20:23

HowardJ
I too have been trying to find similar information and have looked at the web site mentioned, however I am undecided as to what to do. My thread - https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4571 gives further insight into the problem and useful comments from one of this forum's experts.

There are lots of other postings in a similar vein in the "Flash Photography" section from which you may garner other more relevant data. Of course you may already have looked at it!!

Hope that helps.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Flash trigger voltages at 08/08/2007 - 15:02

HowardJ
Welsh love spoon - hand carved by my brother

Comment Image



Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Weekly Competition #6 "Wood" at 12/08/2007 - 12:06

HowardJ
Good evening all,

We're going to Paris in a few weeks time and we've been advised to travel light so I will not be taking a tripod with me, so I thought of a gorillapod. Has anybody had any experience with one, especially the version for a SLR with zoom. I had thought of an alternative - a beanbag. Which, if either, would you recommend? Have I seen a post on here advertising home made beanbags? Or am I getting confused?

Thanking you in advance.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Gorillapod? at 02/08/2007 - 21:17

HowardJ
I've just seen the results - congratulations to one and all. There are some very clever people on this forum. As for my measly effort I have to agree totally with the judge - it was done in too much of a hurry . Memo to self - improve your Photoshop skills (is there a recommended book on Photoshop?)

Good luck to everybody for this week's competition.

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Discussion Weekly Competition #5 - Self Portrait at 07/08/2007 - 14:59

HowardJ
A shadow of my former self

Comment Image


and breaking a few rules




Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Weekly Competition #5 - "Self Portrait" at 05/08/2007 - 20:12

HowardJ
Here's one I took in the garden two years ago in my pre-digital days with my P30n.

Comment Image


Have not seen any this year yet - could do with one or two to get rid of the slugs

Howard

Comment by HowardJ posted on Hedgehogs at 02/08/2007 - 21:24

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo