dinneenp

Joined: 23rd April 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

dinneenp
HI,
I have a prime lens-50mm f1.7.
I'm thinking of selling it and buying a 17-50mm f2.8 and a flash.
Would they be a good substitute for the prime lens for indoor/low light shots of my kids?
Can the flash work on fairly auto mode or do I have to set stuff on it (distance etc) thus ending up missing shots?

I know I'll lose some dof with the f2.8 instead of 1.7
Cheers

Comment by dinneenp posted on 17-50 f2.8 & flash to replace 50mm f1.7? at 24/10/2010 - 13:00

dinneenp
It wasn't any problem. Only took a few, will post any 1/2 way decent ones here.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Taking photos on London Underground? at 24/10/2010 - 12:57

dinneenp
really like the 2nd and 3rd one.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Panes & Panels - Project , or P&P-P at 15/10/2010 - 13:22

dinneenp
Thanks- just noticed stickys in this site now. On other sites they're more prominent.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Finally going for a flash- recommendations please? at 15/10/2010 - 13:13

dinneenp
Just saw this post on PetaPixel about recovering deleted photos.
Don't think I'll bother though this time

Comment by dinneenp posted on Taking photos on London Underground? at 15/10/2010 - 10:32

dinneenp
Thanks- I think I'll use my compact so.
All the more reason to look forward to getting a Panasonic LX5/Sony S95/similar so I'll have full manual controls.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Taking photos on London Underground? at 15/10/2010 - 10:29

dinneenp
Just wondering why there isn't a sticky on this thread with 'idiot's guide to flashes/fashes faq' or similar?
I'd find it helpful, sure others would too....

Comment by dinneenp posted on Finally going for a flash- recommendations please? at 15/10/2010 - 09:59

dinneenp
Hi,
I'll be getting the underground from Heathrow to Knightsbridge and Knightsbridge to Gatwick.
I'm wondering what's the story with taking pictures-I'll have a K-X and Panasonic ZS3 with me (more discreet but probably not as good in low light).
1. Are you allowed to take photos on the underground network?
2. If yes, is it a case of take photos but you might be approacthed and asked what you're doing? Will they ask you to delete photos?
3. Anything else to note?
Cheers,
Pa.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Taking photos on London Underground? at 15/10/2010 - 09:47

dinneenp
Hi,
I've put off getting a flash cos it seemed like something I didn't need as photography is just a hobby and that it's a big thing that sits on your camera and just attracts people's comments...
But every wedding we're at my wife is always going on about how some shots always come out blurred. (last wedding I brought the nifty fifty but then had no zoom).
I'm planning on selling the nifty fifty and getting a 17-50 f2.8 (or similar) instead.
I finally said I might as well get a flash. I havent' looked into it at all yet and know nothing about flashes (differnet types etc)
Requirements:
1. inexpensive flash. I'm not mentioning rough price cos I've no idea what they begin at....
2. I suppose any time it'd be handy.For weddings (not that we have many coming up), indoors shots of kids (6 month & 3 year old) mainly (probably other times too but can't think of when), sports maybe?
3. I'd prefer something that is easy to use
4. I'd prefer one that's inexpensive (will also consider 2nd hand).I have a K-X.

My questions:
1. when do you use a flash/for what?
2. what woud you recommend & why?

Thanks,
Pa.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Finally going for a flash- recommendations please? at 15/10/2010 - 07:33

dinneenp
I think the echo is incredible.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=36559605

I often double-post; dpreveiw tends to be more people in the USA so you often get a different opinion there. I'm sure other people do too.

Comment by dinneenp posted on K-X Live View- anyone else think it's totally rubbish? at 08/10/2010 - 08:39

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo