dinneenp

Joined: 23rd April 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

dinneenp
Hi,

I have a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens that has developed a slight focus issue- sometime it doesn't focus perfectly. I bought a replacement/upgraded it.

So what to do with the lens; is it something that some people would be interested in buying for spares or try to repair it themselves? I've no idea. If so, what's a fair price?

Cheers,

Pa.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens with focus issue- is it something worth selling? at 11/09/2023 - 16:18

dinneenp
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a Pentax FA 50mm f/1.7. As I'm based in ROI, I don't want to get caught for customs duty so looking for someone who isn't in the UK (not sure are there many users.)

Thanks,
Pa.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Pentax FA 50mm f/1.7- I'm in ROI. at 11/09/2023 - 16:02

dinneenp
Spad wrote:
I have just gone from a K5II to a K3....

It's pretty much a quantum leap!
Which K3 & what are the main things that jump out please?

Comment by dinneenp posted on Upgrading from K5 II - difference between K-3 range & price difference? at 21/09/2022 - 22:08

dinneenp
Thanks for the replies.
The K3iii is outside of budget range. Main reason for upgrade would be-
- it's newer so it has to be better, doesn't it?
- possibly less noise as high ISO in low light (based on replies, the K5ii seems better for this situation)
- quicker focus

Cheers,
Pa.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Upgrading from K5 II - difference between K-3 range & price difference? at 21/09/2022 - 19:44

dinneenp
Hi,
I have a Pentax K5 II (and a K7). Upgrading the K5, my options would be K-3, K-3 II or K-3 Mark III.

How much difference is there between the 3 3s and how much do they vary in price 2nd hand please?

Main use would be the odd wedding, communions, family gatherings.

Cheers,
Pa.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Upgrading from K5 II - difference between K-3 range & price difference? at 21/09/2022 - 09:36

dinneenp
Hi,
I have a Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 lens, which I love. Recently when connected, the top lcd screen flashes F-- and it won't focus. I have to push the lens down to get it to work.

Any idea what the problem could be please?

Thanks,
Pa.

Comment by dinneenp posted on Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 lens- have to push down to get it to work at 01/09/2022 - 19:55

dinneenp
Bought the Sigma 1750.getting delivered to a friend in NI, who will send it to me

Comment by dinneenp posted on MPB site- at 01/09/2022 - 19:47

dinneenp
Thanks again for the reply. Ordered the Sigma 17-50 lens. Getting it sent to a friend in NI, who will post it down to me.
As the saying goes, "buy cheap, buy twice".

Comment by dinneenp posted on Wanted: 17-50 f2.8 or similar lens at 01/09/2022 - 18:39

dinneenp
Thanks for the replies.
Is the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Macro a bad lens? Someone said it's very soft wide; how noticeable is it, My main use for the lens is the odd wedding (and some family pics, events). Is it worth paying about 2.5 times extra for a Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM?

Other options would be:
- Tamron AF 17-50mm f/2.8 (I can get this for about same price as the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Macro
- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro HSM (are there different versions of this?)
any others?
Is the Sigma 17-50 heads and shoulders above these?
Thanks,
Pa.

Comment by dinneenp posted on MPB site- at 31/08/2022 - 22:20

dinneenp
Or the Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro.....

Comment by dinneenp posted on Wanted: 17-50 f2.8 or similar lens at 31/08/2022 - 18:13

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo