coker

Joined: 14th March 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

coker
Please post, i-Berg.
Thanks,
Roger

Comment by coker posted on Photo - Stacking? at 02/07/2010 - 16:57

coker
Thanks, Dave.

Don't be "sorry".....I'm not, & never will be, over honest, legitimate crit.

I find it a moot point, whether to record nature as is, (black mark, "dead stuff"), or, for aesthetic reasons, "improve" the image.

No. 2 is not a reverse of no.1, rather the black spot is common to both images, no.2 being part of the group to the right of no.1, if you see what I mean?!

I'd be interested on your view on the subsequent post.

Many thanks for your thoughts & comments,

Roger.

Comment by coker posted on A set for Mr. Dream-seller? at 29/06/2010 - 23:24

coker
Sorry, ran out of time on ph.Bucket

Comment Image
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/poppyseedheads2010-06-29002.jpg[/IMG]

Comment Image
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/poppyseedheads2010-06-29001.jpg[/IMG]

C&C as usual please.

Coker

Comment by coker posted on Dream-seller No.2 at 29/06/2010 - 22:31

coker
The blooms nearly all gone, some poppy images from the garden this afternoon.Comment Image
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/poppyseedheads2010-06-29006.jpg[/IMG]


Comment Image
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/poppyseedheads2010-06-29005.jpg[/IMG]


C&C welcome.

Coker

Comment by coker posted on A set for Mr. Dream-seller? at 29/06/2010 - 22:26

coker
Andrew,

I thought you might...!?

I can't remember whose it is but someone has the by-line (& I am probably mis-quoting):

No amount of equipment can take the place of an ability to notice.

I hope I / we all can continue to develope that skill, surely a major contributory factor in any "good" image.

Thanks to you all for your kind encouragement.

Best Regards,

Roger.

Comment by coker posted on Photo - Stacking? at 29/06/2010 - 20:06

coker
Thanks, George.

You're right. Cropped is better, all the content now seems to have more relevance to the whole image.

Have adjusted the exposure but didn't like an increase in contrast.
Comment Image
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/Sherrwed2010-06-16013adj.jpg[/IMG]

Best Regards,

Roger

Comment by coker posted on Photo - Stacking? at 28/06/2010 - 23:37

coker
Waiting for that rainy day?
At the back of one of our village Churches.

Comment Image
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/Sherrwed2010-06-16013-1.jpg[/IMG]


C&C Please.

Coker

Comment by coker posted on Photo - Stacking? at 28/06/2010 - 22:06

coker
All been done before, I know, but...

On the original, on my monitor, when I zoom in on the spray of droplets, each one has made a "star-trail" because of the (too slow) shutter speed.
but, each droplet has diffracted the sunlight to an indivual colour of the spectrum!
Comment Image

& I think it looks lovely.

Is this effect visible to all?
[IMG]http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/rogerhlane/HMillwalk2010-06-26023.jpg[/IMG]
Comments, please.

Coker

Comment by coker posted on Shaking Labrador at 26/06/2010 - 19:50

coker
Thanks, John.
I've had a play & it wasn't very clear but I think you're right.
Not only must the individual tool (soft) be off but the whole array as well.
Every day, a little further on!

Thanks again to all,

roger.

Comment by coker posted on Sharp Egg? at 20/06/2010 - 18:15

coker
Gareth, further to your mention of the "soft" setting, checked the settings on the K7 & found that, indeed, "soft" is available, but none of the digital tweaks was on. Looking at the metadata in the properties files for some of my other pictures, all have the "soft" setting shown.

Q.: How do I turn it off if it's not on?

Thanks,
Coker.

Comment by coker posted on Sharp Egg? at 20/06/2010 - 13:16

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo