chirpy

Joined: 8th July 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

chirpy
brightstone wrote:
Mannesty wrote:
brightstone wrote:
. . . or Paypal+3.5% charge
Have you read Paypal's T's & C's? If you want payment via Paypal, you absorb their charges.
is it really confusing? just wanted to say that it's at buyer's cost for the extra charge if you want to use paypal.

By the way, a local pick-up is also available. I am in Bristol.
and what Peter is saying is that in making such a stipulation you are in breach of your PayPal contract in doing so.

Comment by chirpy posted on DA* 50-135mm and F 24-50mm f/4 for sale at 15/07/2009 - 09:44

chirpy
As Yves says, the lens correction information is supposedly stored in the RAW files. If your RAW converter supports the feature then it will use it to correct the image. Apparently the latest Adobe RAW converter included an update to do this, as does the shipped Pentax software (which I'm not impressed with).

Comment by chirpy posted on K-7 and lens distortion correction at 15/07/2009 - 09:42

chirpy
ttk wrote:
Back on Topic

Why dose the K-7 seem to have a noise problem now over the K20D, when Danny had the pre production model it seemed to handel noise quite well IMO.
So far, that is not my experience with the K-7. On the contrary, it seems the same to better that the K20D to me so far.

Comment by chirpy posted on k7 v k20 for noise at 14/07/2009 - 16:09

chirpy
Thank Lance. Yes, I am shooting DNG at present and SilkyPix v3 is handling them just fine. I'm not sure whether I'll go back to PEF now that the DNG files are compressed in the K-7.

Comment by chirpy posted on K-7 and Insects (my first outing) at 14/07/2009 - 10:26

chirpy
I don't do high ISO shots. The photos I've taken so far (not a huge number) seem to show either the same or actually less noise on the K-7 compared to the K20D, contrary to what others say. Then again, I'm not trying to take photos at ISO1600+ (I generally use ISO200/400 with DR enabled). I'm firmly with George on the question about pixel-peeping, it holds no interest for me. The relative noise levels seem wholly irrelevant to me so long as the detail is there and smeared out of the way with NR.

Comment by chirpy posted on k7 v k20 for noise at 13/07/2009 - 21:58

chirpy
Lovely. Looks like a good day out.

Comment by chirpy posted on San Diego Wild Animal Park at 13/07/2009 - 10:56

chirpy
Hi Les, just a hop, skip and a jump from me (Woodley, Reading).

Comment by chirpy posted on Hi From Wokingham at 13/07/2009 - 10:54

chirpy
It looks like one of those optical illusions Very well done.

Comment by chirpy posted on Dog with two tails... at 13/07/2009 - 10:51

chirpy
Those are funny ebay listings

Huh, RRP for the Pentax DA 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 AL WR seems high at AUD 399, when it only cost me 20 quid extra with the K-7. I guess that's some recompense for the high price of the K-7

Comment by chirpy posted on Pentax DA 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 AL WR at 13/07/2009 - 10:49

chirpy
My experience with TC's on these lenses shows me that it's better to crop the original image rather than bother with a TC on a 500mm lens. The drop off in IQ, as Oggy says, is greater than that by zooming and cropping a normal image. You'd probably need blazing sunshine and stopping down significantly to see any real advantage. YMMV.

Comment by chirpy posted on Teleconvertor for Sigma 150-500 HSM at 13/07/2009 - 10:45

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo