zealousdp

Joined: 14th March 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

zealousdp
timothyw wrote:
I've got an istDS you can have for £100, am also in London so could meet. Can throw in a couple of sets of rechargeable AA's for it.
Hi Tim, sounds promising. I have a few lenses "spare" if you want to trade off the price a bit. I'll send you a PM ( i know you can't reply, but I'll put my email on there to discuss further). Today would be ideal as I've got a travelcard already in use. David

Comment by zealousdp posted on WANTED: ANY dslr good for manual focus at 16/09/2011 - 17:44

zealousdp
Decided to sell a few lenses to help fund new body purchase.

Vivitar 24mm 2.8. (has "A" setting) K mount MINT

Vivitar series 1 70-210mm 2.8-4 1:2.5 macro("A" setting)(v3, Komine) with all paperwork. K mount MINT

Let me know if anyone's interested

Comment by zealousdp posted on Vivitar 24mm 2.8 and VS1 70-210 2.8-4 BOTH MINT at 15/09/2011 - 23:37

zealousdp
rhallman wrote:
My istDS may be up for grabs in a month or two when I finally jump on the K5 wagon, but that may be too long for you....
I can wait, but how much would you want for it?

Comment by zealousdp posted on WANTED: ANY dslr good for manual focus at 15/09/2011 - 19:08

zealousdp
Hi all. I've returned to pentax - yea!! Well, i hope to once i get a body for this lot.

I've got myself some super, sharp lenses:
viv series 1 A 70-105 2.8-4
smc A 35-105 3.5
smc A 50mm 1.7
smc M 50mm 1.7
smc M 28 2.8
viv A 24mm 2.8

What do you think of this lot (or some of it) for a MF only kit - I mostly shoot wide open?

Which CHEAP body whould bring out the qualities of this set (good IQ, decent at ISO 800) as well as be a pleasure to MF with - VF, focus confirm, split screen? Will be shooting wide open so want to hit focus "easily".

Thanks.

Comment by zealousdp posted on Great MF lenses but which body to buy? at 15/09/2011 - 17:37

zealousdp
Hi all, a little history/background...

I start my dslr journey on this forum with a beautiful K100DS. i have long since travelled to the dark side and beyond going through CanSonand now plan to come back as I have inherited a load of lovely glass. I want to get back to pentax as my N***n can't mount the "new" lenses. If i don't enjoy the experience of MF only, I won't be investing in Pentax AF lenses, I'll just sell the gear on - maybe some of you would be interested.

But first, let me shout out and find out if anyone has a body they want to throw my way? Cheaper the better. Maybe an istDS (large VF, cheap?) Need something GOOD for eyeglass wearer, MF only with fast lenses and razor thin dof.

I've looked through the ads, and would've bought the K20D that Snootchies has, but at that price the shutter was too high for me. If its an OLD body going for peanuts then i can risk it. All battered and bruised models are fine. MF only bodies are fine (so long as I can stil focus trap - which i haven't really tried.

Enough rambling from me, let's hear from you. PMs are fine as well as posts.

THANKS!!!

Comment by zealousdp posted on WANTED: ANY dslr good for manual focus at 15/09/2011 - 17:28

zealousdp
Hi Bob,

David here (we were on flickr before, but found out WHICH email contained my login info!)

Thanks for your patience earlier re K20D body. Hope you find a buyer. I've decided to place a wanted ad for "any" cheap DSLR.

Comment by zealousdp posted on For sale: K20D, BG-2 Grip, 3 batteries, box & manual. at 15/09/2011 - 16:47

zealousdp
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the great pics.

David

Comment by zealousdp posted on Sharpest, cheapest and fastest long zoom? at 29/03/2010 - 21:20

zealousdp
smc wrote:
Yes it is. I'll put it up on the classifieds later.
Hi are you selling this lens? If so, please PM me.

Thanks everyone for input. Good to see the thoughts are still coming in.

David

Comment by zealousdp posted on Sharpest, cheapest and fastest long zoom? at 28/03/2010 - 22:53

zealousdp
Thanks everyone for your input. Looks like the thread has finished now and I've had some great feedback on lenses. No need to post my current lens example as they don't match what's been on show here in the slightest.

Will hunt for a tamron 70-300 and a pentax 70-150.

Happy snapping!!
David

Comment by zealousdp posted on Sharpest, cheapest and fastest long zoom? at 26/03/2010 - 14:42

zealousdp
Mongoose wrote:
there's a reason why the 100-300 f/4.5-6.7 goes that cheap, it wont come near the Tamron and f/6.7 at the long end is a pain in the behind for focusing.

Pentax tend to under specify their capabilities so the AF will probably still work most of the time, but it'll hunt.
Had a long look at some reviews. I see your point. Thanks for the info.

Comment by zealousdp posted on Sharpest, cheapest and fastest long zoom? at 25/03/2010 - 12:52

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo