WANTED: ANY dslr good for manual focus

zealousdp

Link Posted 15/09/2011 - 17:28
Hi all, a little history/background...

I start my dslr journey on this forum with a beautiful K100DS. i have long since travelled to the dark side and beyond going through CanSonand now plan to come back as I have inherited a load of lovely glass. I want to get back to pentax as my N***n can't mount the "new" lenses. If i don't enjoy the experience of MF only, I won't be investing in Pentax AF lenses, I'll just sell the gear on - maybe some of you would be interested.

But first, let me shout out and find out if anyone has a body they want to throw my way? Cheaper the better. Maybe an istDS (large VF, cheap?) Need something GOOD for eyeglass wearer, MF only with fast lenses and razor thin dof.

I've looked through the ads, and would've bought the K20D that Snootchies has, but at that price the shutter was too high for me. If its an OLD body going for peanuts then i can risk it. All battered and bruised models are fine. MF only bodies are fine (so long as I can stil focus trap - which i haven't really tried.

Enough rambling from me, let's hear from you. PMs are fine as well as posts.

THANKS!!!

rhallman

Link Posted 15/09/2011 - 18:03
My istDS may be up for grabs in a month or two when I finally jump on the K5 wagon, but that may be too long for you....

sorted78

Link Posted 15/09/2011 - 18:30
PM sent

zealousdp

Link Posted 15/09/2011 - 19:08
rhallman wrote:
My istDS may be up for grabs in a month or two when I finally jump on the K5 wagon, but that may be too long for you....

I can wait, but how much would you want for it?

Lynton

Link Posted 16/09/2011 - 08:48
K20 should be pretty good for manual focus - large viewfinder and screen..... can also get a viewfinder with the split grad as in "ye olde filme cameras"

timothyw

Link Posted 16/09/2011 - 09:34
I've got an istDS you can have for 100, am also in London so could meet. Can throw in a couple of sets of rechargeable AA's for it.

zealousdp

Link Posted 16/09/2011 - 17:44
timothyw wrote:
I've got an istDS you can have for 100, am also in London so could meet. Can throw in a couple of sets of rechargeable AA's for it.

Hi Tim, sounds promising. I have a few lenses "spare" if you want to trade off the price a bit. I'll send you a PM ( i know you can't reply, but I'll put my email on there to discuss further). Today would be ideal as I've got a travelcard already in use. David

zealousdp

Link Posted 17/09/2011 - 02:43
Kudos to timothyw. Camera is just what I wanted size-wise and VF. High ISO is nice and IQ is fab! Great to meet you, hope to again. Enjoy the lens.

scathontiphat

Link Posted 17/09/2011 - 14:31
sounds like you might already be set, but I have my k-x for sale here with a nikon k3 split screen focusing screen already installed. link

timothyw

Link Posted 17/09/2011 - 18:30
Had a proper play with the lens when I got home, lovely piece of kit- A pleasure meeting you! Now to see how long I can resist your 24mm...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.