Tobio

Joined: 26th September 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Tobio
PaulM the link doesn't seem to work. I think you did good work here, though I don't much like the twigs in the front. I might be too critical again though.

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on Critique Thread No. 1 at 11/06/2010 - 09:25

Tobio
Tobio wrote:
Hi!

I use sometimes antirootkit programs to maim those hard to find rootkits, there is a free one called Blacklight from F-secure. Also I constantly use Sandboxie as it gives a security layer' in between the system and the Internet so can you safely surf in the Internet. Afterwards just delete the contents of the sandbox and potential malware gets pulverized. Here is a link, before installing, to check if there any incompatibilities between your existing programs and Sandboxie: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?HelpTopics . If you install read the short tutorial. It's easy to use.

Regards,
Tobio
Sorry, I left unsaid something that I feel important to say. I also use Comodo's firewall as it's done well in the most demanding tests. And I earlier said that one can safely surf the Internet with Sandboxie, I meant to say relatively safely. Nothing is 100 % safe, unless one runs one of those on-cd only Linux OSes or something similar.

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on Virus at 10/06/2010 - 11:08

Tobio
Hi!

I like the idea, reflections and composition too. I, however, would prefer the one with the smaller text to be in the front because I had problems reading it. Also I'm not sure about the amount of liquid there is in the bottles. Looks like the Joop bottles suffer from having too little liquid in them, as I feel that on the green Joop the text is partially 'halved' and bit awkward to read. The red Joop has a similar problem in my eyes. The middle bottle is also bit in the dark. I may be too critical though. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on R.G.B. at 10/06/2010 - 10:29

Tobio
George Lazarette wrote:

Coming to the concept of the Critique section, I would prefer the originator of the image NOT to say what he was trying to achieve until after the initial discussion had run its course. In my view, a photograph should ideally not need explaining, and should be viewed for the first time without any explanations or interpretations from the photographer or anybody else.

After an interval of, say, 48 hours or so, it would certainly be most interesting and an important part of the process to read what the photographer has to say about his image. But initially, let's see it with fresh eyes and an empty mind. Empty? Well, not entirely, but you know what I mean.

G
I agree here. It could be a good idea to let others know what was intended after comments and critique. That would also leave time for some people to think what they actually intended to achieve... I'm one to who it often is hard to explain that. I guess I often do somewhat 'unplanned' photography.

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on Critique Thread No. 1 at 10/06/2010 - 10:00

Tobio
Hi!

I use sometimes antirootkit programs to maim those hard to find rootkits, there is a free one called Blacklight from F-secure. Also I constantly use Sandboxie as it gives a security layer' in between the system and the Internet so can you safely surf in the Internet. Afterwards just delete the contents of the sandbox and potential malware gets pulverized. Here is a link, before installing, to check if there any incompatibilities between your existing programs and Sandboxie: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?HelpTopics . If you install read the short tutorial. It's easy to use.

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on Virus at 10/06/2010 - 09:49

Tobio
Great job, especially the numbers 5 and 17.

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on Welsh Mountain Landscapes at 08/06/2010 - 23:48

Tobio
Hi!

I find the twigs that are close to the front window, somewhat distracting, though they might be right thematically. Also the part of a trunk that shows on the right should be cloned out. Otherwise the image is good in my opinion. In BW it looks better.

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on Critique Thread No. 1 at 08/06/2010 - 23:35

Tobio
Anvh wrote:
Tobio wrote:
Anvh wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="Tobio"]That actually makes more sense than my method. I hope I'm not ruining the camera body with the lens cleaning liquid.
Don't know Tobio, I'm not even sure the dishwater hasn't have any negative effect.
There is also the weatherseals you need to think about.
Yes, you're right. The liquids probably don't have any ill effects on the body, as long as we don't exactly drown the poor thing in it. And also, we must give the weather seals at least some work to do

Regards,
Tobio
What i mean was you need to watch out the rubbers of the weathersealing don't dry out, dissolve or something like that.
I can imaging that something like alcohol could dry the rubbers out for example and make them brittle [/quote]I see. I checked the liquid (Giotto branded) and it says no alcohol or ammonia is in the solution. But just for being on the safe side I'll try use some recommended liquid.

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on How to clean Cam ? at 04/06/2010 - 10:19

Tobio
Sorry for going bit off topic, but I must praise the K20d for it's remarkable durability. I have used it in about -20 C degrees and it worked like there was nothing strange going on and recently I even fell on the street, when I was hunting for some photo opportunities, with the camera in the bag though, and it gave no signals to be alarmed about. Very durable camera in my opinion to withstand this kind of treatment

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on How to clean Cam ? at 03/06/2010 - 22:23

Tobio
jackitec wrote:
Too hot for gloves Stefan, need an Ice pack, Father Ted send me the postage,
Try gloves with ventilation holes in them

Regards,
Tobio

Comment by Tobio posted on How to clean Cam ? at 03/06/2010 - 22:12

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo