How to clean Cam ?
Posted 03/06/2010 - 21:05
Link
Hi!
I use a micro fibre cloth and sometimes I also put a bit of lens cleaning liquid on the cloth and then wipe and do a dry wipe last. I don't do this very often.
Regards,
Tobio
I use a micro fibre cloth and sometimes I also put a bit of lens cleaning liquid on the cloth and then wipe and do a dry wipe last. I don't do this very often.
Regards,
Tobio
Best regards,
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Posted 03/06/2010 - 21:30
Link
I simply use very diluted dishwasher and use that to make a cloth slightly damp when it feels greasy. The dishwasher is make to remove grease so that works perfectly.
Most likely I will cause some heart attacks again by my cleaning methods
Most likely I will cause some heart attacks again by my cleaning methods
Posted 03/06/2010 - 21:39
Link
Anvh wrote:
I simply use very diluted dishwasher and use that to make a cloth slightly damp when it feels greasy. The dishwasher is make to remove grease so that works perfectly.
Most likely I will cause some heart attacks again by my cleaning methods
That actually makes more sense than my method. I hope I'm not ruining the camera body with the lens cleaning liquid.I simply use very diluted dishwasher and use that to make a cloth slightly damp when it feels greasy. The dishwasher is make to remove grease so that works perfectly.
Most likely I will cause some heart attacks again by my cleaning methods
Regards,
Tobio
Best regards,
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Posted 03/06/2010 - 21:42
Link
As long as you don't leave it in the dishwasher too long Stefan
Sorry, I Know the English language is not always easy..
Dave
Sorry, I Know the English language is not always easy..
Dave
Posted 03/06/2010 - 21:54
Link
davem wrote:
As long as you don't leave it in the dishwasher too long Stefan
Well the K10D has weather-sealing so I thought it would be okay As long as you don't leave it in the dishwasher too long Stefan
I said I would give some here an heart attack
Posted 03/06/2010 - 21:58
Link
snappychappy wrote:
OK its summer the days are getting hotter and using the camera involves very sweaty palms.
Just having a laugh at this, it was 39 Degrees C today here in Spain, any suggestions as what to do when the camera gets to hot to hold, OK its summer the days are getting hotter and using the camera involves very sweaty palms.
Jack.
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:00
Link
davem wrote:
As long as you don't leave it in the dishwasher too long Stefan
Sorry, I Know the English language is not always easy..
Dave
Ops, I was wrong again. My memory failed me. I probably should improve my English vocabularyAs long as you don't leave it in the dishwasher too long Stefan
Sorry, I Know the English language is not always easy..
Dave
Regards,
Tobio
Best regards,
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:01
Link
Tobio wrote:
That actually makes more sense than my method. I hope I'm not ruining the camera body with the lens cleaning liquid.
Don't know Tobio, I'm not even sure the dishwater hasn't have any negative effect.That actually makes more sense than my method. I hope I'm not ruining the camera body with the lens cleaning liquid.
There is also the weatherseals you need to think about.
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:02
Link
jackitec wrote:
any suggestions as what to do when the camera gets to hot to hold,
Use gloves
any suggestions as what to do when the camera gets to hot to hold,
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:02
Link
jackitec wrote:
Just having a laugh at this, it was 39 Degrees C today here in Spain, any suggestions as what to do when the camera gets to hot to hold,
Jack.
Erm...pass it to me, I'll look after it for you
Just having a laugh at this, it was 39 Degrees C today here in Spain, any suggestions as what to do when the camera gets to hot to hold,
Jack.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:09
Link
Anvh wrote:
There is also the weatherseals you need to think about.
Yes, you're right. The liquids probably don't have any ill effects on the body, as long as we don't exactly drown the poor thing in it. And also, we must give the weather seals at least some work to doTobio wrote:
That actually makes more sense than my method. I hope I'm not ruining the camera body with the lens cleaning liquid.
Don't know Tobio, I'm not even sure the dishwater hasn't have any negative effect.That actually makes more sense than my method. I hope I'm not ruining the camera body with the lens cleaning liquid.
There is also the weatherseals you need to think about.
Regards,
Tobio
Best regards,
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:10
Link
Too hot for gloves Stefan, need an Ice pack, Father Ted send me the postage,
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:12
Link
jackitec wrote:
Too hot for gloves Stefan, need an Ice pack, Father Ted send me the postage,
Try gloves with ventilation holes in themToo hot for gloves Stefan, need an Ice pack, Father Ted send me the postage,
Regards,
Tobio
Best regards,
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:23
Link
Sorry for going bit off topic, but I must praise the K20d for it's remarkable durability. I have used it in about -20 C degrees and it worked like there was nothing strange going on and recently I even fell on the street, when I was hunting for some photo opportunities, with the camera in the bag though, and it gave no signals to be alarmed about. Very durable camera in my opinion to withstand this kind of treatment
Regards,
Tobio
Regards,
Tobio
Best regards,
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



2545 posts
17 years
Wakefield