R.G.B.
Posted 09/06/2010 - 22:10
Link
Very clever shot, love the reflections and composition of it.
Regards
Regards
Colin
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Posted 10/06/2010 - 07:49
Link
Thanks guys, here's a link to large size.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4016/4685672361_10970dc93d_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4016/4685672361_10970dc93d_b.jpg
Posted 10/06/2010 - 07:57
Link
At the larger size I'd say a lack of real sharpness is shown and there are burnt out areas which may well be deliberate for all I know. So in summary I preferred the small version
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 10/06/2010 - 09:11
Link
Great idea but the reflections are the wrong way round or was that a bit of judge bait.
John
John
Posted 10/06/2010 - 09:50
Link
Like the idea, both composition and colour.
mikew wrote:
Very clever but hard to assess fully and fairly at this size - which is one problem when viewing on the internet.
Why not stick to the "standard" 800 pixels longest side? Suits the Internet viewing perfectly.
Very clever but hard to assess fully and fairly at this size - which is one problem when viewing on the internet.
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 10/06/2010 - 10:29
Link
Hi!
I like the idea, reflections and composition too. I, however, would prefer the one with the smaller text to be in the front because I had problems reading it. Also I'm not sure about the amount of liquid there is in the bottles. Looks like the Joop bottles suffer from having too little liquid in them, as I feel that on the green Joop the text is partially 'halved' and bit awkward to read. The red Joop has a similar problem in my eyes. The middle bottle is also bit in the dark. I may be too critical though. Just my 2 cents.
Regards,
Tobio
I like the idea, reflections and composition too. I, however, would prefer the one with the smaller text to be in the front because I had problems reading it. Also I'm not sure about the amount of liquid there is in the bottles. Looks like the Joop bottles suffer from having too little liquid in them, as I feel that on the green Joop the text is partially 'halved' and bit awkward to read. The red Joop has a similar problem in my eyes. The middle bottle is also bit in the dark. I may be too critical though. Just my 2 cents.
Regards,
Tobio
Best regards,
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Tobio
K20d with Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro , smc da 18-55 mm, smc da 50-200 mm and smc da 55-300 mm + Metz 58 af-1. Editing with Pentax Photolab, Gimp and Paint.net.
Posted 10/06/2010 - 11:14
Link
Nice lighting, looks very slick. Agree with Mike the larger size could be slightly crisper but it seems pretty decent as is. Good idea with the hole in the paper, I tried something like this recently and it didn't work out so well. (link)
I also noticed the wrong reflections, I think that would be worth fixing. Also it may just be a result of the lighting, but the two bottles on the right don't look vertical.
I also noticed the wrong reflections, I think that would be worth fixing. Also it may just be a result of the lighting, but the two bottles on the right don't look vertical.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 10/06/2010 - 11:17
Link
Thanks folks useful crit as always. Well spotted on the reflections. I agree about the burnt out areas, very difficult to get even lighting with the LED torch. Couldnt do much about the levels in the bottles, didn't want to dilute my aftershave.
Posted 10/06/2010 - 20:31
Link
I wouldn't have a clue how to go about something like this. Very slick and professional in feel and with relatively modest equipment too. I guess one could play about with the lighting, arrangement and alignment of the bottles to perfect the set up.
Well done!
Well done!
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 10/06/2010 - 22:36
Link
No offence that's not to the standard a professional with a given brief would/should achieve. Lovely idea but the image wouldn't go to 20x16 still less 20x40 or whatever.
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 10/06/2010 - 22:45
Link
mikew wrote:
No offence that's not to the standard a professional with a given brief would/should achieve. Lovely idea but the image wouldn't go to 20x16 still less 20x40 or whatever.
Mike WADR,No offence that's not to the standard a professional with a given brief would/should achieve. Lovely idea but the image wouldn't go to 20x16 still less 20x40 or whatever.
The quality of the final image does not quantify the content, nor the line of thought into producing it, IMO.
Many many professionals relied on master printers to get the final image to show quality.
But this is only hot air and caries no weight of argument in this particular case.
Best regards and respect.
Gary
Too far from a shore.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2545 posts
17 years
Wakefield
Shot with the Pentax 50mm f1.4 @f8 lighting was an LED torch.