Thordell

Joined: 6th August 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Thordell
Very pleasing, really liked the mono shots and did note that you seem to have a liking for knobs and handles, was it something in your childhood

Comment by Thordell posted on Lytes Cary at 26/06/2010 - 22:06

Thordell
Funny that, was thinking that is the sort of colour you get with pollution over cities and here you are telling me that is exactly what you have in Doha.

Comment by Thordell posted on Burn at 26/06/2010 - 21:16

Thordell
I like the colours, no problem with pale lavender and red at all.

Comment by Thordell posted on 6 spot burnet moth at 26/06/2010 - 21:12

Thordell
Better late than never, welcome Rae!

Comment by Thordell posted on Another Finally Joined at 26/06/2010 - 19:32

Thordell
A very pleasing image, love the colour. You are right the lens is good and so light.

Comment by Thordell posted on 6 spot burnet moth at 26/06/2010 - 19:23

Thordell
Dare I suggest that may be there is dust within the camera and this is being dislodged during the shooting day. I find it hard to believe that the seal is not adequately dust proof. My 12-24 seems fine I have not used it on your body but I have on the K7,K20 and an ist and have had nothing more than the expected amount of sensor dust.

Comment by Thordell posted on Sensor dirt, DA 12-24, and Kx at 26/06/2010 - 19:16

Thordell
No luck, just brings up a Lightroom file - never mind I'm sure I will manage without reading it. Nothing surprises me about my PC's behaviour I do not seem to be a very good driver, I just expect it to work it gets next to no care and attention, settings come and go with very little input from me.

Comment by Thordell posted on Updated Guidelines at 26/06/2010 - 13:26

Thordell
Think this may be more to do with how the viewer sees heat than what you have betrayed in you image. I see heat as shimmer and distortion you see it as colour. Strange to me the image portrays heat but not I think as you intended, I see the cool of the green and shade and think sanctuary from the heat. So in a way, yes, you have achieved.

Comment by Thordell posted on Burn at 26/06/2010 - 13:15

Thordell
Tried that, no luck

Comment by Thordell posted on Updated Guidelines at 26/06/2010 - 09:04

Thordell
Prefer the 1st and find the leaf at the top well worthy of attention the water drops and the ribbing make, for me a pleasing image, do think the rest of the shot superfluous to requirements. would like a little more space above the pleasing whole leaf and perhaps should you wish a spot of editing could push the surrounding leaves into the background a bit.

Sorry not qualified to give any technical CC I can only comment on a images impression on me.

Comment by Thordell posted on Hosta and water drops at 26/06/2010 - 07:52

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo