Taynuiltpixels

Joined: 17th August 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Taynuiltpixels
my version of the lens does not have SR or IS - how does turning the IS off in the camera help with focus?

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on Pentax DA 560 or SIGMA 500 APO - which one at 06/12/2015 - 16:41

Taynuiltpixels
Too dark now for the tiles but that is a good idea Algi - I'll give it a go. Chris - I left stabilisation on (I always do). Does leaving it on effect sharpness and if so how. Re the higher iso - I tried that before to get the shutter speed up and just makes things worse a horribly noisy but I'll give it another go.

Rightly or wrongly I presumed by taking it on auto then the best settings would be achieved.

re the focus, I have zoomed in on all parts of the birds and the branch to check - none of it is in focus.

How much do sigma charge for "checking and correcting" a lens?

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on Pentax DA 560 or SIGMA 500 APO - which one at 06/12/2015 - 15:58

Taynuiltpixels
Hi Pete - at 500mm -auto put it all at f6.3, iso 320, ET320.

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on Pentax DA 560 or SIGMA 500 APO - which one at 06/12/2015 - 14:07

Taynuiltpixels
Ok, just went out - light not great, figured "auto" knows best - this is typical shot with this lens - tripod but did not go as far as mu and rt - this has had no PP, no cropping, its high res as in 9MB! - nothing is in focus/sharp - the subject i.e. the bird (focused on this), the branch in the fore or tree/twigs in the background - its not the camera as it takes tack sharp with my old glass etc. Thoughts welcome. I brought the lens 2nd hand - is it time to send it to Sigma for some adjustments? Comment Image


this second image shows what this camera can do with manual 50mm lens Comment Image

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on Pentax DA 560 or SIGMA 500 APO - which one at 06/12/2015 - 13:20

Taynuiltpixels
thanks for all of the above - starting to think something on my sigma 150- 500 maybe out of kilter - had it for two years and never got an image with it that I am happy with re sharpness. Are their things with this lens that can wear, come lose etc which can throw it off kilter?

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on Pentax DA 560 or SIGMA 500 APO - which one at 06/12/2015 - 09:55

Taynuiltpixels
No - I'll check that out. I was impressed by the sharpness of the 560mm - in your experience is the 150-450 in the same league?

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on Pentax DA 560 or SIGMA 500 APO - which one at 05/12/2015 - 22:38

Taynuiltpixels
Hi - I have a K5 ii S, have been using a sigma 150-500 but cannot get it pin sharp (or as sharp as I think it should be), starting to think about jumping to a prime. I have not been that impressed with the Sigma 150-500 so thinking about P DA560mm instead. What would you guys recommend?

Stephen

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on Pentax DA 560 or SIGMA 500 APO - which one at 05/12/2015 - 21:06

Taynuiltpixels
Thanks for all these tips I'll try them out when I get a moment and report back.

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on FRUSTRATED! - sigma DG 150 -500mm APO HSM at 13/05/2015 - 21:53

Taynuiltpixels
Mirror up which seems to switch AS off but default is AS on. I have never fine tuned a lens - I am a bit of a newbie in that respect. Please advise further on that.

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on FRUSTRATED! - sigma DG 150 -500mm APO HSM at 10/05/2015 - 14:55

Taynuiltpixels
tripod (very solid "red snapper") shooting birds in good light, iso 1600, f14, 650 shutter. I purchased the lens second hand for about £380 - never ever given me a sharp shot, always just off.

Comment by Taynuiltpixels posted on FRUSTRATED! - sigma DG 150 -500mm APO HSM at 10/05/2015 - 10:28

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo