takuman

Joined: 22nd January 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

takuman
Just for info, I still have an SMC DA 3.5 - 5.6 18-55 AL which came with my first DSLR (K100D) one of the first on sale in UK and the lens is excellent. K100 also came with Tamron 70-300 1:2 Macro. Both in regular use on both the K100 and K5, and give good results. Should add they came as kit lens.

Regards John

Comment by takuman posted on Pentax kit lenses at 02/03/2013 - 13:13

takuman
Stunning shots. I am so impressed by some of the shots on this site. Very pleased to see these, as today I picked up a Sigma 10-20 (F4 version). so now I have to try for work like this. Love them.

Comment by takuman posted on A Peek at the Peaks at 14/02/2013 - 21:44

takuman
Eyecup received today first post. Thanks, Regards John

Comment by takuman posted on Battery-grip for k5- K7 and O-ME 53 Pentax magnifying eyecup at 13/02/2013 - 11:13

takuman
A follow-up to my original post. Received my 150-500 from SRS today, (prompt delivery and well packaged by the way). Of course with any new lens, quickly shredded the packaging and attached the lens to camera. Observations after about a dozen shots. Bear in mind I am not in the first flush of youth but the results are very satisfying. All were hand held with lens OS on, K5 SR off. At 500, 1/50, f8, 1600 ISO. All were taken by me standing in my dining room, shooting through the conservatory (double glazed)from about 30ft and as I say, hand held. I am having trouble believing that I could actually hand hold a 500 at 1/50. How lucky we are to have this amazing equipment available to us, Very happy chappy.

Comment by takuman posted on Which Zoom Telephoto Lens at 12/02/2013 - 15:39

takuman
They are superb lens aren't they, and these stunning shots prove it. superbly sharp and beautifully composed, leave well alone, knowing when to stop is the secret. I use a 70 Ltd and love it.

Comment by takuman posted on More random sprinkles at 10/02/2013 - 21:30

takuman
Jealousy is not a pretty emotion. But yes, I am jealous. They do not visit my garden, perhaps you could have a word? Nice shots.

Comment by takuman posted on Waxwings in Trondheim at 10/02/2013 - 14:10

takuman
pm received

Comment by takuman posted on Battery-grip for k5- K7 and O-ME 53 Pentax magnifying eyecup at 10/02/2013 - 12:35

takuman
please pm regarding eyecup, John

Comment by takuman posted on Battery-grip for k5- K7 and O-ME 53 Pentax magnifying eyecup at 10/02/2013 - 12:18

takuman
I can vouch for Adblock. Excellent. (No connections to the company by the way)

Comment by takuman posted on Wretched Adverts at 10/02/2013 - 11:44

takuman
Thanks Stuey. Deed already done. Bought 150-500 from SRS. Regards John

Comment by takuman posted on Which Zoom Telephoto Lens at 08/02/2013 - 21:55

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo