More random sprinkles
Posted 10/02/2013 - 21:28
Link
Great Clarity! The 'dinosaur' hall is a great location, challenging to light up evenly, but you've done that beautifully.
My favourite is the 'hanging gardens of whales & dolphins', really because I know that mixed lighting here is tricky - I love the white balance and tones that you have struck.
The dramatic sky in the Parliament shot has great colour, but I see distracting grain - I wonder if a shot of strong noise reduction would be worthwhile?
My favourite is the 'hanging gardens of whales & dolphins', really because I know that mixed lighting here is tricky - I love the white balance and tones that you have struck.
The dramatic sky in the Parliament shot has great colour, but I see distracting grain - I wonder if a shot of strong noise reduction would be worthwhile?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 10/02/2013 - 21:30
Link
They are superb lens aren't they, and these stunning shots prove it. superbly sharp and beautifully composed, leave well alone, knowing when to stop is the secret. I use a 70 Ltd and love it.
Just passing thru
Posted 10/02/2013 - 22:17
Link
Very nice images Mat, those lenses work well in your hands.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 11/02/2013 - 07:19
Link
Always enjoy seeing your work, and this is another excellent, varied set.
Posted 19/02/2013 - 21:38
Link
Thanks all, much appreciated - Nigel, I know what you mean about the grain in the sky. I think it is because I tend to try and extract a lot of detail and generally overdo it a little. This week I got hold of a copy of lightroom 4 at Amazon's bargain price, but I really need to sort out the settings to use for processing RAW files as I have managed to create staggering amounts of posterisation and grain. Will keep posting though, am really enjoying using these lenses!
Cheers
Cheers
Posted 19/02/2013 - 22:12
Link
Absolutely love the London Eye movement shot!!
( be great if someone with photoshop skills could place a frenzied hamster inside of it )
( be great if someone with photoshop skills could place a frenzied hamster inside of it )
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 19/02/2013 - 22:15
Link
matwhittington wrote:
Thanks all, much appreciated - Nigel, I know what you mean about the grain in the sky. I think it is because I tend to try and extract a lot of detail and generally overdo it a little. This week I got hold of a copy of lightroom 4 at Amazon's bargain price, but I really need to sort out the settings to use for processing RAW files as I have managed to create staggering amounts of posterisation and grain. Will keep posting though, am really enjoying using these lenses!
Cheers
Now you've got Lightroom 4 you can apply NR with the Local adjustment brush thus allowing to smooth out the sky only.
Thanks all, much appreciated - Nigel, I know what you mean about the grain in the sky. I think it is because I tend to try and extract a lot of detail and generally overdo it a little. This week I got hold of a copy of lightroom 4 at Amazon's bargain price, but I really need to sort out the settings to use for processing RAW files as I have managed to create staggering amounts of posterisation and grain. Will keep posting though, am really enjoying using these lenses!
Cheers
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 19/02/2013 - 22:46
Link
Brilliant shots Matt
Posted 20/02/2013 - 17:56
Link
Ha! Thanks folks - I'll see if I can find a suitable hamster and have a go! although I doubt my photoshop skills are quite up to it... I'll have to make it my mission this weekend to get to grips with the cool stuff that can be done with Lightroom
Cheers
Cheers
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1474 posts
17 years
West London,
UK
1. Rev it up! (DA 21)
2. Evening Glow (DA 21)
3. Plastic bag adventure!
4. The Main Hall - Natural History Museum (DA 15)
5. Dippy (DA 35 Macro) - I recall from the 30-35mm lens shootout thread that people were looking for non-macro-type shots taken with this lens, so here's one
6. In the Mammal Hall (DA 15)
7. Nautilus makes like an Alien (DA 35 Macro)
8. Sequoia slice at night (or evening at least):
Hope you like these. C&C welcome as ever; and there are more on my flickr. Will hopefully manage more shots this week - Going to head out armed with the DA70 I think...
My Flickr: link