A Peek at the Peaks
Posted 14/02/2013 - 21:44
Link
Stunning shots. I am so impressed by some of the shots on this site. Very pleased to see these, as today I picked up a Sigma 10-20 (F4 version). so now I have to try for work like this. Love them.
Just passing thru
Posted 14/02/2013 - 21:47
Link
No. 6 is the one for me Carl, it has a superb lead-in and great depth.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 15/02/2013 - 11:25
Link
Great set Carl really have impact hard to choose but 1 and 6 for me but really impressed with this great set of shots
All the best
David
David
Posted 17/02/2013 - 21:47
Link
Great set, but #6 and #7 are standouts for me (although IMHO the sky on #7 is just a little over-gradded given the light on the moor).
Your doing me no favours in my 'resist LBA for a sigma 10-20 and grad kit' war at the moment, Carl .
Your doing me no favours in my 'resist LBA for a sigma 10-20 and grad kit' war at the moment, Carl .
Posted 18/02/2013 - 13:20
Link
Thank you everybody - I did have a good day out - although was only there about 3 hours.
Tim your comment on 7 made me smile - the reason being that this was the only shot I actually lightened the sky on - most of the others have some selected shadow enhancement. this one was so dark especially on the left I had to really beef up the exposure in LR4
Carl
Tim your comment on 7 made me smile - the reason being that this was the only shot I actually lightened the sky on - most of the others have some selected shadow enhancement. this one was so dark especially on the left I had to really beef up the exposure in LR4
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 18/02/2013 - 14:33
Link
fritzthedog wrote:
Tim your comment on 7 made me smile - the reason being that this was the only shot I actually lightened the sky on - most of the others have some selected shadow enhancement. this one was so dark especially on the left I had to really beef up the exposure in LR4
Carl
Tim your comment on 7 made me smile - the reason being that this was the only shot I actually lightened the sky on - most of the others have some selected shadow enhancement. this one was so dark especially on the left I had to really beef up the exposure in LR4
Carl
Just shows you. Get a great exposure catching such a dramatic range of light, and some joker comes along and says.... (see above)
Posted 18/02/2013 - 16:18
Link
carl i have to say i do like your photos and i think that this set is lovely work but Iam still looking at some here that seem to be a bit over done in colour and brightness or it could be my monitor sorry if it is i really dont mean to offend at all its just OMO
Thanks Richard
Posted 18/02/2013 - 18:57
Link
generator wrote:
carl i have to say i do like your photos and i think that this set is lovely work but Iam still looking at some here that seem to be a bit over done in colour and brightness or it could be my monitor sorry if it is i really dont mean to offend at all its just OMO
Hi Richardcarl i have to say i do like your photos and i think that this set is lovely work but Iam still looking at some here that seem to be a bit over done in colour and brightness or it could be my monitor sorry if it is i really dont mean to offend at all its just OMO
You have never offended me and I thank you for your honest comments
I am the first to admit that my monitor is not calibrated and I have said previously that I have a suspicion some of my shots can look over cooked on others. Plus I think I tend to like bold colours. You are not the only person to mention it - strangely I have also noted that I do not get as rich colours when I use the Kr
BUT here's the strange thing - as stated at the top - these colours were virtually straight out of camera and by that I mean - the only colour changes I have made is that I have actually desaturated the sky in a couple of the shots - I have not knowingly done anything that would have strengthened the colours
I think that the colours I am achieving are a combination of light and the filters I am using - perhaps I am over doing it with the 0.9 grad and cpl combination but I like the results. Next time I am out in similar light I will try the 0.3 and 0.6 + CPl to see if there is much difference
I will have to experiment
Thanks
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 18/02/2013 - 19:03
Link
Northgrain wrote:
Just shows you. Get a great exposure catching such a dramatic range of light, and some joker comes along and says.... (see above)
Tim - I think you are missing my point - my point was that you were right - I should have used a lighter nd grad on this one - the sky was naturally so dark in parts that the filter way over darkened it on the left - leading to me trying to correct it in LR4 - clearly not corrected enough and well spottedfritzthedog wrote:
Tim your comment on 7 made me smile - the reason being that this was the only shot I actually lightened the sky on - most of the others have some selected shadow enhancement. this one was so dark especially on the left I had to really beef up the exposure in LR4
Carl
Tim your comment on 7 made me smile - the reason being that this was the only shot I actually lightened the sky on - most of the others have some selected shadow enhancement. this one was so dark especially on the left I had to really beef up the exposure in LR4
Carl
Just shows you. Get a great exposure catching such a dramatic range of light, and some joker comes along and says.... (see above)
Carl
PS - everybody - just for the record as nobody mentioned it - my favourite was the last one - just goes to show what I know
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 18/02/2013 - 19:54
Link
Hello Carl good to see you went up there its a great place to see and photograph.
for me its got to be No. 5 the depth of field is spot on and the shadows that's on the rocks works for me well taken.
PS i use the lee 9nd and 6,and 3 all hard, but some times that does happen to me so i will keep on experimenting as well
for me its got to be No. 5 the depth of field is spot on and the shadows that's on the rocks works for me well taken.
PS i use the lee 9nd and 6,and 3 all hard, but some times that does happen to me so i will keep on experimenting as well
PPG link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1908 posts
16 years
Knaresborough,
North Yorks
It was a freezing cold day but the light in the late afternoon was nice and warm.
I have posted a few in the gallery but none of these (although one or two similar ones)All were hand held on the K5 with the Sigma 10-20 + Kenko Pro CPL + Hitech ND Grad 0.9. The colours are straight out of camera with a small amount of LR4 work mainly on exposure adjustment and clarity
As always C+C very welcome
Carl
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.