screwdriver222

Joined: 11th September 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

screwdriver222
jeallen01 wrote:
screwdriver..

Don't forget that are a lot of us "out here" who don't want/can't carry the extra weight (especially with a long (like 300mm+) lens /can't afford a K-1 (and, Yes, I have tried one!) or similar body. and we are effectively the majority of Pentax users - so our opinions DO "count" in the context of the longterm future of the whole Pentax "experience", and so that could affect yourself as well if Pentax.jp don't, or won't, "listen" to us .

OR, am I, sadly,talking to the "unconvertible", and I would like to get "political" at this point, but it's not the time nor the place to do that, ????
I don't why you are getting so worked up. Of course the majority of Pentax users are APSC shooters, of course many will not want or able able to get into full frame, of course your and the opinions of other matter.

All I am saying is we don't know why Pentax has not given the K-3 any more additional functionality through firmware updates. I don't know about you, but I have bought cameras based on the functionality they have and have not expected firmware updates to give more, however much I appreciate it if it happens.

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on K-1 firmware update 1.4 at 11/11/2016 - 23:11

screwdriver222
Well I was very happy to have bought the K-3 and there were updates as I said, such as diffraction correction. It may be other updates were not technically possible or that they were not released to encourage customers to get the K 3II. Its still they camera I bought and I am still very happy with it.

I also have the K-1 and it is encouraging to see Pentax releasing firmware updates to increase functionality. It may be because of a new policy towards firmware updates or merely that there is no newer model full frame.

Anyway the new firmware for the K-1 has not been officially released - just have to wait and see.

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on K-1 firmware update 1.4 at 11/11/2016 - 21:42

screwdriver222
They have done updates for the K-3 but I tend to agree there might be more Pentax could do if technically possible to give it more of what the K-3II has including using the new kaf4 mount.

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on K-1 firmware update 1.4 at 11/11/2016 - 00:24

screwdriver222
Rumours on another forum that firmware version 1.4 is near to release. Includes 20 minute bulb timer, noise reduction for white dot. and red light function for LCD for dark environments.

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on K-1 firmware update 1.4 at 10/11/2016 - 20:31

screwdriver222
Congratulations on getting the K-1 and showing us these excellent pics.

I treated myself a few weeks ago but have only been able to go out once for an hour. Going out tomorrow though - weather permitting. All the very best with your new toy.

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on Brief time out with the K1! at 04/11/2016 - 21:20

screwdriver222
They are all excellent but No2 for me

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on Automn in the Laurentians of Quebec... with a DA 15mm Ltd. at 20/10/2016 - 23:36

screwdriver222
RobL wrote:
You think you have got away with it? No chance. Problem now is, saying you can't afford the new bathroom/holiday/sofa etc just doesn't cut it any more. Enjoy!
She Knows I am passionate about photography and I don't have any other vices, but I won't be able to deny her anything now.

Going out now to try the new kit out, Plymouth Hoe and the Barbican.

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on Just joined the K-1 club at 16/10/2016 - 10:26

screwdriver222
Received it yesterday together with with the 15-30 and 24-70. Got a great deal from SRS.

I had been umming and ahing for months, just couldn't decide. should I get the K-1 or Nikon D810 or stay apsc. Anyway I have got it now and its a beauty - so are the lenses.

Yesterday the misses asked if I had paid £500 for it all, i said nooo, a bit more. Then she said I hope you haven't spent a £1000 on it ! Anyway I told her today and she wasn't too bad about it.

I am keeping my K-3 but might get rid of some of the lenses

Well chuffed

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on Just joined the K-1 club at 14/10/2016 - 16:54

screwdriver222
I watched it last night and I am impressed he spent so much time on it. He really likes some aspects of the K-1.

I am using a K3 and always forgetting I have exposure compensation on so the tip he has given me on using the memory menu page to turn it off was so simple, but I never thought of it.

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on Tutorial on K-1 (1hr 16min long) at 09/07/2016 - 11:13

screwdriver222
When I bought my K-5 it was the camera of my dreams and would be my last camera.

Two years later I bought the k-3 and this was to be my last camera.

I have had it almost 2 years and I can see the K-1 looming.

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on So who is planning on buying the K1 (Who hasn't already) at 20/06/2016 - 00:10

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo