Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Just joined the K-1 club

screwdriver222
Posted 14/10/2016 - 16:54 Link
Received it yesterday together with with the 15-30 and 24-70. Got a great deal from SRS.

I had been umming and ahing for months, just couldn't decide. should I get the K-1 or Nikon D810 or stay apsc. Anyway I have got it now and its a beauty - so are the lenses.

Yesterday the misses asked if I had paid £500 for it all, i said nooo, a bit more. Then she said I hope you haven't spent a £1000 on it ! Anyway I told her today and she wasn't too bad about it.

I am keeping my K-3 but might get rid of some of the lenses

Well chuffed

Jeff
RobL
Posted 15/10/2016 - 16:28 Link
You think you have got away with it? No chance. Problem now is, saying you can't afford the new bathroom/holiday/sofa etc just doesn't cut it any more. Enjoy!
Mag07
Posted 16/10/2016 - 06:53 Link
Congratulations Enjoy!
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
screwdriver222
Posted 16/10/2016 - 10:26 Link
RobL wrote:
You think you have got away with it? No chance. Problem now is, saying you can't afford the new bathroom/holiday/sofa etc just doesn't cut it any more. Enjoy!

She Knows I am passionate about photography and I don't have any other vices, but I won't be able to deny her anything now.

Going out now to try the new kit out, Plymouth Hoe and the Barbican.

Jeff
wvbarnes
Posted 16/10/2016 - 11:50 Link
I've just paid for a two week Caribbean cruise for our anniversary early December. So no K1 for me. I suppose i will have to slum it with my K3 (Ten years ago for a similar trip it was a tiny sensored Minolta Bridge Camera)
malfis
Posted 16/10/2016 - 14:06 Link
wvbarnes wrote:
I've just paid for a two week Caribbean cruise for our anniversary early December. So no K1 for me. I suppose i will have to slum it with my K3 (Ten years ago for a similar trip it was a tiny sensored Minolta Bridge Camera)

But..........
When it's time for you to buy a K1 - how can it be refused!
Short term pain to secure longer term gain.

👍😄
Lots of gear - but not a lot of idea!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.