So who is planning on buying the K1 (Who hasn't already)


jemx99

Link Posted 06/05/2016 - 23:01
I'm seriously thinking about buying a K1 possibly later in the summer if funds are available. The reason why is because I'm starting to think this is 'the' camera I've been waiting for - the camera to end all cameras so to speak! If I could have designed a camera with all of the features I wanted it would be pretty much like the K1. I'm sure I'd be pretty content with its features for many years to come whereas up to now I've considered upgrading every two or three years.
I know many people will be happy with the kit they have now. But some will be considering the K1.
What do we think?

JAK

Link Posted 06/05/2016 - 23:10
You're right, go for it. Perhaps they'll be some special offers later in the year,
John K

K10D

Link Posted 06/05/2016 - 23:15
I'll buy a body & grip later. It's not a high priority for me.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Northgrain

Link Posted 06/05/2016 - 23:27
jemx99 wrote:
- the camera to end all cameras

It looks a mighty mighty fine bit of kit, and truly competitive against the FF competition...but wait two years and the next ultimate camera will come along .

I'm chuffed to bits Pentax has produced this ... and very much looking forward to the images folk produce from it.... but I'm unlikely to make this my next purchase/upgrade. Hate to say it, but I'd be more likely to go down the mirror less route

There, I've admitted it. I'll get my coat
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 06/05/2016 - 23:38
I cashed a policy in to purchase the k1 do i regret it not at all just looking through viewfinder is an eye opener i know cameras will always improve but i think i have reached my zenith i dont think i will upgrade again. But those full frame lenses

McGregNi

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 07:15
Classic quote there ....' just looking through viewfinder is an eye opener ....'.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 07/05/2016 - 07:16

davesexton

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 08:48
I jumped ship to Sony and got an Ay 18 months back because I got tired of waiting for a Pentax FF. The A7 was nice, but awkward to use. The EVF was good in daylight, but a nightmare at night. Long story short, I pre-ordered a K-1 from the fine folks at SRS and traded in. One week in I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever. My only issue is that an EVF makes you a bit lazy and I'm having to get used to using a DLSR again. If you have the money and a passion for photography, go for it. The K-1 is a lovely bit of kit.
Capture: Pentax K-1, PENTAX HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR, PENTAX 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro, SAMYANG 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC, SAMYANG 35mm F1.4 AS UMC, SAMYANG 85mm F1.4 AS IF UMC

Processing: Adobe Bridge for organisation, DxO Optics Pro Elite for RAW development, ON1 Photo RAW for some 'stylising' and Affintiy Photo for more involved edits.

swarf

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 10:17
I won't be going for it - there's no way I can justify it. I am more than happy with my K-5iis, and the only real problem I get is because of my shortcomings - not the cameras. I'd rather spend the money on (gradually) getting better glass.

I went into SRS the other day to buy a new lens, the Tamron 70-200 F2.8, and resisted the temptation to even look at the K-1, because as you all know - "never say never!"

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

jemx99

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 10:43
JAK wrote:
Perhaps they'll be some special offers later in the year,

Hopefully - and some good trade in deals.

Northgrain wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="jemx99"]- the camera to end all cameras
but wait two years and the next ultimate camera will come along

I know - but hopefully this spec will keep me content for a long time!

Northgrain wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="jemx99"]my next purchase/upgrade. Hate to say it, but I'd be more likely to go down the mirror less route ops

thats what a lot of people are saying but I love my optical viewfinder!

whatsthisbuttondo wrote:
i think i have reached my zenith i dont think i will upgrade again

I'm thinking that.

McGregNi wrote:
Classic quote there ....' just looking through viewfinder is an eye opener ....'.

good one

davesexton wrote:
If you have the money and a passion for photography, go for it. The K-1 is a lovely bit of kit.

good advice

swarf wrote:
I won't be going for it - there's no way I can justify it. I am more than happy with my K-5iis, and the only real problem I get is because of my shortcomings - not the cameras. I'd rather spend the money on (gradually) getting better glass.

I went into SRS the other day to buy a new lens, the Tamron 70-200 F2.8, and resisted the temptation to even look at the K-1, because as you all know - "never say never!"

Phil

good advice too!

Algernon

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 11:02
What's a K1 ? Did it come out before the K2 in which case I missed it and went straight to a K2

My next camera will be a K*

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

jemx99

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 11:46
Algernon wrote:
What's a K1 ? Did it come out before the K2 in which case I missed it and went straight to a K2

My next camera will be a K*

--

Isn't K2 a mountain?

Algernon

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 11:51
That's the Limited Edition

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

K10D

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 14:14
jemx99 wrote:
Isn't K2 a mountain?

It is indeed.

Have a look. link

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

robbiec

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 14:22
I'll be getting a body and grip for Christmas. Just have to get a couple of primes first (77 & 100 for definite and perhaps something unusual / exotic in the 50 range)
My Gallery
Last Edited by robbiec on 07/05/2016 - 14:43

jemx99

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 14:33
K10D wrote:
jemx99 wrote:
Isn't K2 a mountain?

It is indeed.

Have a look. link

Best regards

What a beauty!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.