RussV

Joined: 20th May 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

RussV
simonarron wrote:
Some very nice shots there, Joe, but I'm most drawn to the second image, Three flowers. Lovely composition and processing.
+1

Great light and shadow on Three Flowers.

Comment by RussV posted on 5 minutes from home at 03/06/2015 - 08:59

RussV
Further to my previous post about not installing software you don't need, IE is the company standard for the multi-national I work in. It's not unusual for web page issues reported by users to be resolved by removing or disabling IE add-ons and that includes Microsoft's own Bing. Go to Tools - Internet Options - Programs - Manage add ons. Some such as Java and your anti-virus should be left enabled. Disable anything to do with shopping or searching. Your choice can always be switched back on if 'off' causes a problem.

I'd also suggest downloading the free version of Malwarebytes. Let it update and run a full scan on the PC. You may be surprised at what it finds. The free program does not give continuous protection but a one off scan will often find things other anti-virus programs miss. You can uninstall it afterwards. I have no association with them by the way.

Comment by RussV posted on Site very slow, just me? at 03/06/2015 - 08:53

RussV
Try using VE15 in discount code for extra 15%.

I've used Perfect Effects Premium 8 and 9 and find it very useful for B&W conversions, hence I was considering buying their Perfect Black and White.

Comment by RussV posted on On1 software up to 50% off - supplier of the 'Perfect' series of apps. at 31/05/2015 - 08:10

RussV
You can get extra discounts buy starting the ordering process placing item in cart and closing web page. I later got 2 emails first an extra 10% off, then 15%. I am on their mailing list, not sure if that makes a difference.

Comment by RussV posted on On1 software up to 50% off - supplier of the 'Perfect' series of apps. at 30/05/2015 - 11:37

RussV
Smeggypants wrote:
RussV wrote:
If problems are Java related it is worth checking you have the latest version as updates occur quite frequently. For Windows, go to Control Panel, open Java, go to the Update tab. The latest version of Internet Explorer may help too.
No one who is Internetwise uses IE anymore. It's absolute rubbish and has never properly supported HTML.
I'm an IT pro of 40 years plus and I use IE. It's not perfect but I find it ok, same with Chrome. The others I just find annoying.

My only complaint with this site is about the notification reset time which is just reseting a flag on their server.

My advice to anyone on this site is don't install any software you really don't need. A lot of the cheap utilities are just junk and a lot of other stuff lurks in the background unnoticed, waiting to be used.

Comment by RussV posted on Site very slow, just me? at 28/05/2015 - 09:15

RussV
I think B&W from film has different (and better qualities) than B&W digital, and I realise those are scanned prints. If only it wasn't such a long winded and expensive process, digital is much better in both those respects.

Comment by RussV posted on Few B&W shots with my LX. at 27/05/2015 - 08:57

RussV
A sad end (interesting though).

Comment by RussV posted on Autopsy of K10D - not for squeamish :) at 22/05/2015 - 16:51

RussV
Well done!

Comment by RussV posted on Success for Pentax at 22/05/2015 - 12:10

RussV
All good but 4 and 9 stand out for me.

I think if the original subject matter is not too obvious it adds someting extra, just my opinion of course.

Comment by RussV posted on 12 ICMs - Landscapes at 21/05/2015 - 15:28

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo