RussV

Joined: 20th May 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

RussV
You should have got in close for some of those chromed parts.

Comment by RussV posted on International SAAB rally @ Wicksteed Park Kettering at 06/08/2013 - 09:25

RussV
When it comes to a budget telephoto, I can vouch for the 1980's Tokina SDII SZ 70-210. I got a pristine copy on Ebay for £40 ( and I've seen others). It's manual focus with PKA mount and takes excellent pictures. One of the original selling points was lack of chromatic abberations, and it's true. Also the same size as an 18-55 until extended.

Comment by RussV posted on All around lens choice at 05/08/2013 - 09:10

RussV
gwing wrote:
MattMatic wrote:
You can run 32-bit apps under a 64-bit OS (but not the other way round)
Matt
Never say never, substitute 'not easily' for 'not'
In this case it is never, 64bit code won't run on a 32bit processor.

Comment by RussV posted on silkypix 3 at 26/07/2013 - 10:58

RussV
If its the Pentax Silkypix version check out their website. I'm sure saw a download to make older versions compatible with Win7.

Comment by RussV posted on silkypix 3 at 26/07/2013 - 09:23

RussV
Well done, but stay at home, something like that happens once in a lifetime!

Comment by RussV posted on Deal of the Year at 15/07/2013 - 15:19

RussV
The beginning of the end for Adobe. Apparently they expect to triple their revenues in the next few years but polls of Creative Suite users indicate a severe reluctance by many to upgrade.

Adobe seem intent on extracting very last penny they can from loyal customers and I don't mean 'Elements' users but professionals. Today I had to try and resolve an InDesign issue at work but the problem as I discovered on the web was incompatibilty issues between versions, even betwen 5 and 5.5.

I see a lot of people sticking to their current versions, software hacks being developed other and products moving in to fill the gap. Adobe is the indusry standard for various apps but standards aren't set in stone.

(All that said, I don't care because I use Paintshop Pro)

Comment by RussV posted on Adobe releases subscription-only Photoshop CC at 20/06/2013 - 11:51

RussV
steven9761 wrote:
Note to Win8 users - Win8 is having none of it, unless you allow it past the UAC (User Account Control).

I tried to download and install it, and Mr Gates' "beast from Hell" decided to block it "to protect my computer"...

You could turn UAC off, install and turn back on.

Comment by RussV posted on LightZone 4 for Windows released as Freeware at 19/06/2013 - 12:43

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo