PLUS

Pwynnej

Joined: 14th September 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Pwynnej
I feel cold and damp looking at the pictures. Well done and well captured!

Comment by Pwynnej posted on Hamilton Square in the fog at 06/01/2025 - 17:33

Pwynnej
Used to live in Birkenhead. 1988-90. Always travelled beneath HS, never set foot at ground level.

I think the images would be better if the sky was a bit more interesting, but the fact the sky is drab makes me lean towards the mono images.

Comment by Pwynnej posted on Hamilton Square in the snow at 06/01/2025 - 17:32

Pwynnej
Even though Pentax/Ricoh rarely feature, the 'Societies' Convention/Trade Show at the Novotel in Hammersmith is a good show to go to...the Trade Show is free (you have to register) but the Convention is paid for (talks and stuff). Great deals on accessories and it lets you handle stuff as well....

Great if you are local like me, day out is less than a fiver unless I come back with new filters/memory cards/paper etc.

The Winter Social at Cambrian this weekend was good, always a good one at the end of November

Comment by Pwynnej posted on Photography and Video Show UK March 25 at 03/12/2024 - 11:26

Pwynnej
Brooklands? V nice. Not been even though it is very close to where I live.

Comment by Pwynnej posted on Concorde night shoot at 18/11/2024 - 09:46

Pwynnej
Not just me then.... mine goes through phases just like that.... in spite of that 8 years on the camera is a joy to use and I took it to Venice with me last week rather than the D500/D850. Great for night time photography.

Good to still see you lurking Mike-P

Comment by Pwynnej posted on The Pentax K-1… at 11/11/2024 - 13:32

Pwynnej
Formatted cards without having downloaded all of the photos. Sometimes I download images all at once and sort out on the computer but the one time I did them by date order, downloaded all my owl photos put the cards back straight into the D850 and formatted the cards. I have used 2 recovery programs and neither could extract the missing images.

Not to worry as those missing photos were taken at Kew Gardens which I visit frequently.

Comment by Pwynnej posted on Silly me at 21/10/2024 - 09:31

Pwynnej
Liked the last 4 especially so, love the senior beagle...

Comment by Pwynnej posted on A day in Penzance at 17/09/2024 - 09:23

Pwynnej
Did Saturday and Sunday, rain was a pest so did not do much Photography at all... and not the normal level of cameras on show either...

if it was Canon it was mostly R5/R6.
plenty of Zs
and a K3....
lots of M4/3rds

highlight was seeing an NSU 1000C'S' in the car park....same age as me.

Comment by Pwynnej posted on Goodwood Revival 2022 at 09/09/2024 - 09:39

Pwynnej
We embraced Samsung when they were selling the GX range, and let's not forget that if it wasn't for Sony who would supply the sensors for our cameras? As long as folk are open about what they use then I am all for it.

Comment by Pwynnej posted on What is the situation regarding Ricoh cameras and PentaxUser? at 04/09/2024 - 16:03

Pwynnej
Anyone going to the 2024 Revival? Although it is mostly the other kit that will be going along (plus to test the dinky SB-400 I got from MPB rather than drag around the hefty SB-910), I will be taking along one of the film camera - time to take the FA35/2 out I think with some outdated B&W and slide film.

If I know you're there and I spot a PU member I'll stop to say hi, ignore the D500/D850 as I'll have my Z-1p or P50 over my should or in my bag.

Comment by Pwynnej posted on Goodwood Revival 2022 at 04/09/2024 - 12:05

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo