PeteWelshPhotography

Joined: 17th July 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

PeteWelshPhotography
Thankyou minerboy but as I said I opted for the lens that RobE17 had for sale at srs .. Much appreciated all the same

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on So Expensive but why? at 10/12/2009 - 18:51

PeteWelshPhotography
never heard of them lol

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on So Expensive but why? at 08/12/2009 - 11:40

PeteWelshPhotography
Hi DAngermouse I finally went with RobE17's lens from SRS and it is winging its wat towards me now.. I did look at Terence's site as I use it quite a lot I have had a few good deals from them .. I decided that a couple quid more for the lens was worth it as I do have an *ist DL with a 70-300mm lens as a spare and my old 18-55 without hood would be a nice addition to my second "spare" kit..
Thank you all the same mate

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on So Expensive but why? at 04/12/2009 - 13:57

PeteWelshPhotography
[quote:3496ace15f="johnriley"]Why not have an original:

]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300370530541&ssPageName=STR...

Sorry john I missed this on ... By the way my kit is not the kit that matches the lens that was left behind sorry to hear about that

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on So Expensive but why? at 04/12/2009 - 11:08

PeteWelshPhotography
I have to thank you all guys .. I have to go and check these links Un fortunately my PC died on me so I have a bit of catching up to do.. hopefully some of the gear is still there
Pete

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on So Expensive but why? at 04/12/2009 - 10:58

PeteWelshPhotography
hmm theres a thought thats a good idea.. but i foresee a problem ... its hard enough to wangle £30 quid out of the missus never mind £300+ lol but then you never know .. it is xmas

I dont think I would sell the lens though as I do have a spare *ist body which has a spare 70-300 lens on it so maybe a spare lens for that would be handy .. hmmmm think think

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on So Expensive but why? at 26/11/2009 - 14:02

PeteWelshPhotography
All I want to do after all is replace the lens hood on my K10d's 18-55mm lens. Looking around I find many cheap alternatives but they all appear to be screw in.. The Pentax replacement is around £30-£40 Why? All it is is a glorified drain pipe..

I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of a cheap one with the same fittings as the original..

PS ok ok it was my fault for losing the original in the first place lol

Thank you guys

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on So Expensive but why? at 26/11/2009 - 13:49

PeteWelshPhotography
I have now had this lens for about 3 weeks and just had to let you all know I am loving it In fact with some of my bird shots I am having to back way or zoom out to get the right composition ..

It took me a few sessions to get used to the feel of it and using it but I think I am almost there now.. I even slapped a 2x convertor on it and was still pretty impressed..

The only thing I have to get used to is that at the full zoom 500mm it can get a little soft if I am not careful but I have found that a little work in photoshop can make a difference..

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on Sigma 150-500mm APO DG at 10/07/2009 - 23:37

PeteWelshPhotography
Doh!!
Now you mention technophobic - how about a technophobic numpty

Dont ask me who put the raw file in the wrong folder cos I wouldnt admit it ... All I had to do ws put the camera raw plugin into the correct directory.

I really thank you all for helping and apologise for my stooopidity and time wasting ..
Thank you again
Peter

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on PEF And Elements stressing me out at 19/06/2009 - 20:16

PeteWelshPhotography
Well I must thank you all for your help and inspiration to carry on ..

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on PEF And Elements stressing me out at 19/06/2009 - 17:27

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo