PeteWelshPhotography

Joined: 17th July 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

PeteWelshPhotography
I have just got my K7 today and have tried putting the PEF files into PS elements 6 and for some reason PSE6 is not accepting them .. It says the files are damaged.. However I have always used elements for PEF and they were fine.. I can open the files in CS4 so I feel it is more than likely a problem with Elements

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it ? If so would you mind telling me how you sorted it please..
I have the latest raw update and also the pentax codec .
Thank you guys
Pete

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on Help needed regarding K7 - RAW PEF and Elements at 07/04/2010 - 20:39

PeteWelshPhotography
Thanks you to all of you wise words as usual..
The camera is now sat here in front of me .. I have taken several shots and yes the shutter noise is really different to my K10 and so far I am really impressed with it. I have now come across another problem I have which I shall start a new thread about as it relates to Raw and elements ..

A thankyou to all for your comments

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on New K7 ??? or not ? at 07/04/2010 - 20:23

PeteWelshPhotography
Anvh thank you for the input if the shutter is quieter then that would be a plus as I do a lot of wildlife photography. So although Hyram says its the last reason for changing a body it is something that does make a difference to me.

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on New K7 ??? or not ? at 06/04/2010 - 09:34

PeteWelshPhotography
Thank you Daniel

1/ great
2/ dammit lol
3/ oh no more expense
4/ Thought not


It did

take care
Pete

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on New K7 ??? or not ? at 06/04/2010 - 00:20

PeteWelshPhotography
I am considering buying the K7 + lenses tomorrow probably from SRS - I own an ist DL which I was very happy with so added a K10d to the collection, I now want to up the specs a bit more..
I have read several reviews and they all look good but I have a couple of questions to K7 Owners or those in the know

1/ Do the lenses I own now fit the K7?
2/ Are the On K10d batteries the same?
3/ Does the grip on my k10d fit the K7?
4/ Will I be disappointed ?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Pete

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on New K7 ??? or not ? at 05/04/2010 - 23:50

PeteWelshPhotography
technoidiot wrote:
Oh - have to say it seems fair enough

Mind you I've no intention of using a tripod - so I should be safe enough - and as for selling my stuff - not a chance it's not of that standard

Mind you - I'm going to have to buck my ideas up soon - daughter #2's wedding is next year and the Mother of the Bride will have to take her camera with her
Good luck .. just dont plan on having it in a NT building or grounds as you would need a wheel barrow to carry all of the release forms

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on Found this online and thought it was unfair at 10/02/2010 - 14:45

PeteWelshPhotography
LOL @ Richard DayI would gladly pay for you not to put it on lol - meant in the best possible taste

Quote:
Would putting images onto the PU gallery, photobucket, flickr etc. be classed as publishing?
I would say it would be, as I publish my website on the internet

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on Found this online and thought it was unfair at 10/02/2010 - 14:43

PeteWelshPhotography
I am pleased to see it is not me getting to be a victor meldrew in my old age I had never even thought of photos like Durdle Door I have.. In fact thinking about it I have several beautiful shots of what happens to be national trust sites.. I am not an indoor person so the inside of the houses do not interest me I enjoy the architecture and the landscapes more..

Has anybody actually been told not to take photos at a site?
As I said in my OP I have never seen any sign so have obliviously snapped away with the full intention of putting the marketable shots up for sale. Without any obvious signage on the exterior part or on the cliff at Durdle door eg.. myself and many people like me will carry on doing so.. I just cannot see how the NT can take me to court for taking photographs of our land which is entrusted to them to care for..

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on Found this online and thought it was unfair at 10/02/2010 - 12:59

PeteWelshPhotography
While looking at a competition for garden photography I spotted this snippet from the nataional trust.. I have never seen a board at a trust site saying this so not sure how this would stand up in a courtroom .. but I felt it was totally unfair and also that I should inform you guys ...

Photography at National Trust Gardens

The National Trust would like to make clear certain conditions that apply.

All photography at National Trust properties other than that for private and personal use or for entry into approved competitions is strictly prohibited.

Photographs taken for private and personal use may not be used in any other context or submitted to any photo libraries or on-line agencies or sold directly to any image buyers. Photographs taken for entry into competitions may not be used in any other context, including submission to any photo libraries or on-line agencies or sold directly to any image buyers, other than those confirmed by the competition organizers.

Photographers must obtain a National Trust property release form by downloading here. The photographer must print out the property release form which must be signed by appropriate National Trust staff at each of the properties where the photographs are taken.

Photographing people at National Trust properties must be undertaken with due consideration for their safety and must not interfere with their enjoyment or purpose. An example of a standard model release form is available for download.

People visiting National Trust properties are on private property and as such have the right to refuse permission to photograph them.

Every person in a photograph must sign a model release form, or have the form signed on their behalf if they are under 18 years of age, by a parent or legal guardian.

It is the photographer’s own responsibility to ensure they have explained to subjects the purpose of their photography and to explain how the picture may be used. The National Trust does not accept any responsibility for photography of people undertaken at its properties.

Terms of entry to every National Trust property should be strictly adhered to by the photographer, paying entry fees or showing an appropriate membership card applies.

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on Found this online and thought it was unfair at 10/02/2010 - 11:34

PeteWelshPhotography
No problem Rob I am really pleased with it.. As advertised Like new.. used it yesterday and very happy with it.. And SRS service was excellent I recieved it within 48hrs.. there was a thing that asked for my username on here but when I clicked on it the shopping cart completed the sale .. wht is their username on here plz.

Comment by PeteWelshPhotography posted on So Expensive but why? at 11/12/2009 - 14:47

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo