So Expensive but why?
Posted 26/11/2009 - 13:55
Link
You might consider selling the lens and get a bit better MKII version or the WR version, just to throw an alternative idea at you
Posted 26/11/2009 - 13:59
Link
I ended up buying a s/h lens and hood on ebay, then re-selling the lens. I made a very small profit.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 26/11/2009 - 14:02
Link
hmm theres a thought thats a good idea.. but i foresee a problem ... its hard enough to wangle £30 quid out of the missus never mind £300+ lol but then you never know .. it is xmas
I dont think I would sell the lens though as I do have a spare *ist body which has a spare 70-300 lens on it so maybe a spare lens for that would be handy .. hmmmm think think
I dont think I would sell the lens though as I do have a spare *ist body which has a spare 70-300 lens on it so maybe a spare lens for that would be handy .. hmmmm think think
Pentax K7 and K5 and several black tubey things with magnifying glass in that twist around and move in and out - to be honest I am not sure exactly what I have. Will list the proper names one day..
Posted 26/11/2009 - 14:30
Link
Why not have an original:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300370530541&ssPageName=STR...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300370530541&ssPageName=STR...
Best regards, John
Posted 26/11/2009 - 14:42
Link
PeteWelshPhotography wrote:
hmm theres a thought thats a good idea.. but i foresee a problem ... its hard enough to wangle £30 quid out of the missus never mind £300+ lol but then you never know .. it is xmas
Not sure if you're joking or not, but hopefully you do realise that your lens would cost quite a bit less than £300. Someone was talking about them here yesterday, they are about £47 here.
hmm theres a thought thats a good idea.. but i foresee a problem ... its hard enough to wangle £30 quid out of the missus never mind £300+ lol but then you never know .. it is xmas
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 26/11/2009 - 14:52
Link
My used 18-55mm MK2 is for sale at SRS at the moment -
18-55mm MK2
It's in a good condition with the box, etc and they give you 6 months warranty with that as well if you were thinking of a replacement lens.
18-55mm MK2
It's in a good condition with the box, etc and they give you 6 months warranty with that as well if you were thinking of a replacement lens.
Posted 26/11/2009 - 15:00
Link
I think I paid £14 for the one I mentioned above, where is £300 coming from?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 26/11/2009 - 15:45
Link
If John's hood gets bid up too much then you can find copies on eBay from China or Hong Kong for less than £10 posted. Just search for "PH-RBA".
These are bayonet rather than screw-in.
These are bayonet rather than screw-in.
~Pete
Posted 26/11/2009 - 15:52
Link
PeteWelshPhotography wrote:
I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of a cheap one with the same fittings as the original..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270451880094
I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of a cheap one with the same fittings as the original..
~Pete
Posted 26/11/2009 - 16:18
Link
iceblinker wrote:
PeteWelshPhotography wrote:
I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of a cheap one with the same fittings as the original..
]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270451880094I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of a cheap one with the same fittings as the original..
Suitable for . . . NIKON ? ? ?
Probably a mistake, but I'd check it if I were buying it.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 26/11/2009 - 16:33
Link
The hood itself is marked "PH-RBA" - the Pentax code. The "Nikon" thing is bound to be a mistake unless it also happens to fit a Nikon.
~Pete
Posted 26/11/2009 - 17:33
Link
...That one's got a mistake in the description as well! "Canon EW-62"!
~Pete
Posted 26/11/2009 - 22:59
Link
Hey, at least Pentax supplies one for their lenses, some brands I could name don't even do that.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



105 posts
18 years
Plymouth UK
I would love it if someone could point me in the direction of a cheap one with the same fittings as the original..
PS ok ok it was my fault for losing the original in the first place lol
Thank you guys