Sigma 150-500mm APO DG

PeteWelshPhotography
Posted 10/07/2009 - 23:37 Link
I have now had this lens for about 3 weeks and just had to let you all know I am loving it In fact with some of my bird shots I am having to back way or zoom out to get the right composition ..

It took me a few sessions to get used to the feel of it and using it but I think I am almost there now.. I even slapped a 2x convertor on it and was still pretty impressed..

The only thing I have to get used to is that at the full zoom 500mm it can get a little soft if I am not careful but I have found that a little work in photoshop can make a difference..
Pentax K7 and K5 and several black tubey things with magnifying glass in that twist around and move in and out - to be honest I am not sure exactly what I have. Will list the proper names one day..
Mike-P
Posted 11/07/2009 - 09:32 Link
Excellent.

There is hope for Scott yet then
scottthehat
Posted 11/07/2009 - 09:54 Link
well mike i will hopefully get my k20 and my 150-500mm back from sigma this week, but i still cant see it beating the 170-500mm for sharpness,
just keep snapping,

https://pentaxphotogallery.com/scottbenson


http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/scottthehat/


CAMERAS = k200d + battery grip.
nikon d300 + battery grip.
LENSES = tamron aspherical DII 18-200mm f3.5/6.3,
nikon 18-200mm afs vr f3.5/5.6 g dx
sigma 150-500mm apo dg hsm os
sigma 170-500mm apo dg
FLASH = samsung sef36pzf flash + more.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo