Tree trunks and bare branches
Posted 17/01/2022 - 08:51
Link
Totally organic and vegan !
Great work and very artistic patterns on that last shot.
Best regards
Peter
Great work and very artistic patterns on that last shot.
Best regards
Peter
Posted 17/01/2022 - 10:46
Link
I like them all. I wouldn't have thought they were in colour unless you'd let us know. So interesting, great images.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Posted 17/01/2022 - 14:12
Link
#2 and #3 are superb, #2 just edges it for me for the perspective
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 17/01/2022 - 18:51
Link
Really like number 3, a great perspective. I find number 2 slightly unsettling with the main trunk coming downwards from the top centre but when I rotate the image 180 degrees find it totally different and really like it, just how my mind works.
Paul
K1000, Espio 140, ist, istD, K70, K3iii and numerous lenses, just don't tell my wife.
K1000, Espio 140, ist, istD, K70, K3iii and numerous lenses, just don't tell my wife.
Posted 17/01/2022 - 19:52
Link
No.1 doesn't quite work for me, I think it's because my brain wants to see the two main trunks coming from the 2 bottom corners
No.2 and 3 are spot on - I get what Paul is saying about 2, but I like it just as it is - Good job all our minds aren't the same
No.2 and 3 are spot on - I get what Paul is saying about 2, but I like it just as it is - Good job all our minds aren't the same
LennyBloke
Posted 18/01/2022 - 01:10
Link
Oh my. Thank you for all those nice comments, especially for results from such a grey, uninspiring day.
In comparison with the other two, I agree about the first one not being in the same class but it was taken because of the almost identical shapes of the wiggles in their trunks, particularly in the upper parts. Now that I examine the other two, I see that there is a similar kink towards the tops of a lot of these trunks. Am I seeing things or is there maybe something more going on here?
In comparison with the other two, I agree about the first one not being in the same class but it was taken because of the almost identical shapes of the wiggles in their trunks, particularly in the upper parts. Now that I examine the other two, I see that there is a similar kink towards the tops of a lot of these trunks. Am I seeing things or is there maybe something more going on here?
Posted 21/01/2022 - 13:42
Link
Really like no.2 and 3. They look like the veins in a lung which I suppose they are, tree's that is, they're the lungs of the earth
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 21/01/2022 - 13:44
Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
Really like no.2 and 3. They look like the veins in a lung which I suppose they are, tree's that is, they're the lungs of the earth
Yep. Need to be protected too.
Really like no.2 and 3. They look like the veins in a lung which I suppose they are, tree's that is, they're the lungs of the earth
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Posted 22/01/2022 - 01:14
Link
Urbanmeister wrote:
Tell HS2 about it. They have utterly razed acres and acres of Warwickshire, often for access roads and materials dumps, neither of which required trees to have been bulldozed.
cardiffgareth wrote:
Really like no.2 and 3. They look like the veins in a lung which I suppose they are, tree's that is, they're the lungs of the earth
Yep. Need to be protected too.Really like no.2 and 3. They look like the veins in a lung which I suppose they are, tree's that is, they're the lungs of the earth
Posted 22/01/2022 - 08:21
Link
The last for me, all good but the third is quite "balanced".
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3709 posts
12 years
Slap in the middle of England
the tall birch trees that have grown straight up in an abandoned coppice. They were taken with an SMC Pentax-A 24 -50 zoom
at 24mm and f11 on a K1. Believe it or not, they are in colour (!) but conditions would have you think otherwise.
Heaven knows what caused these two to grow with identical bends and twists?
These views looking straight up have a really 'organic' feel to them
In most groups of trees the topmost branches just tangle together. It is only in one or two cases that they have made
a sort of 'hole' for themselves at the top of the canopy. When they do, the results are quite dramatic.
Comments are welcome, as always.
My page on Photocrowd