All Forum Comments
Comment by northernmonkey posted on X5 broken at 09/06/2014 - 10:32
A chance to see the new Z......Exciting.
I so hope this camera is what we are all expecting it to be...
So much hype about this new sensor and what Pentax can do with it.
Comment by northernmonkey posted on Get your hands on the new "Z" at 21/05/2014 - 15:12
I'm not too fussed if the camera is not absolutely pristine.
Comment by northernmonkey posted on WTB Ricoh GR V at 01/05/2014 - 15:44
Thanks for the info. London Camera do it for the same price but like you I'm not sure that I wouldn't regret a fixed lens camera.
Apparently the GR is being dropped by Ricoh for some reason.
Regards
The GR is not being dropped by Ricoh. I believe it is a very important model for them and is doing well.
I have one, as does my wife.
It rocks!!
I would recommend the GR to everyone.
Get the optical finder too......amazing.....simple....quality!
Comment by northernmonkey posted on WTB. Ricoh GR at 29/04/2014 - 22:05
If it says Pentax on the box and the item is as described then I am satisfied...
My FA35mm f2.0 was US-sourced
If Microglobe say UK-sourced then I would expect it to be UK-sourced, if they do not make such a claim then where the gear is from is open to interpretation....I do have an issue of one retailer telling customers goods from other retailers are grey..
I just think we should support the retailers that support the UK economy in the right way.
They do offer a 30 day exchange, if the goods are returned exactly how you recieve them, even the battery cannot be charged!!!
Unused Means
No sign of use (dust lines/scratches) on the item.
The battery must not be charged.
The seal of instruction manual or CD seal must not be opened.
Seal of filters should not be broken
All packs and wraps should be the same as received by the customer.
The above is taken from the website.
There are many very good dealers that are working hard and these guys are surely not playing the right game...
Comment by northernmonkey posted on Microglobe at 24/03/2014 - 15:46
If you have an issue with a company, better to take it up with them directly rather than make comments that are in danger of going too far.
As you've written it by the way, libel is the danger, slander is spoken. So do please be careful that you restrict yourself to facts.
Many people have dealt with Microglobe, no doubt many without any problem whatsoever.
Did not mean to upset anybody.
I just urge you all to support the UK dealer network and we will all benefit from better service and support.
Comment by northernmonkey posted on Microglobe at 24/03/2014 - 12:25
[quote:3496ace15f="northernmonkey"]Could it be they are actually imported illegally?????
I have an ongoing issue with these guys...
I know for a FACT that the stock IS NOT UK, or EU sourced. IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY KIND OF SUPPORTED WARRANTY IN THE UK.
I have been told this by Pentax UK.
Some brands they sell might be EU stock.
The Pentax is from the US and the prices suggest they are not paying all the duty, taxes etc.
If you ae in doubt, call Ricoh UK and ask.....
I am not saying they are trading in an illegal manner.....I am asking if they could be.
How can the prices be so much lower?
Why are they not a recognised UK Pentax dealer?
Why do they sell Pentax products that are exclusive for th US market (rifle scopes)???
I have lookied into this because I have had to.
I am trying to protect custonmers.....use official Pentax stockists when buying your kit.
Comment by northernmonkey posted on Microglobe at 24/03/2014 - 11:28
Could it be they are actually imported illegally?????
I have an ongoing issue with these guys...
I know for a FACT that the stock IS NOT UK, or EU sourced. IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY KIND OF SUPPORTED WARRANTY IN THE UK.
I have been told this by Pentax UK.
Some brands they sell might be EU stock.
The Pentax is from the US and the prices suggest they are not paying all the duty, taxes etc.
If you ae in doubt, call Ricoh UK and ask.....
Comment by northernmonkey posted on Microglobe at 24/03/2014 - 09:34
On my old (long gone) film 645 the flash speed was 60th. and the lens was 3to2 ratio with 35mm. Or in other words a standard 75mm lens was the same as a 50mm lens on 35mm camera therefore a 55mm lens is the same as a 36.6666666666666666666mm lens on a 35mm camera.
CHEERS Vic.
Comment by northernmonkey posted on Pentax 540FGZ II HELP at 23/03/2014 - 20:25
This will not in any way support Ricoh UK opperation.
These products do not have any warranty in the EU that will be suported in anyway by Pentax.
I have had an ongoing and bad eperience with these guys and I would never buy from them again!!!
I have warned you........I know that when something goes wrong with a lens you have bought.....ou will tell me that I told you.......
Does it not mae you wonder why the products are so cheap???????
Could it be they are actually imported illegally?????
How can you on one hand moan about lack f activity from Ricoh in the UK when yu do not support them!!
Comment by northernmonkey posted on Microglobe at 23/03/2014 - 20:21


They will surely help you out,