northernmonkey

Joined: 7th January 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

northernmonkey
Ohh....look..

From 30 days to six months

If you discover the fault within the first six months from delivery, it is presumed to have been there from the time of delivery - unless the retailer can prove otherwise.
During this time it's up to retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there at the time of delivery - it's not up to you to prove that it was.
If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund or price reduction - if you wish to keep the product.
No deduction can be made from a refund in the first six months following an unsuccessful attempt at repair or replacement.
The only exception to this rule is motor vehicles where a reasonable reduction may be made for the use you've already had of the vehicle.
If you'd prefer to keep the goods in question you can request an appropriate price reduction.
Six months or more

After the first six months the burden is on you to prove that the product was faulty at the time of delivery.
In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems across the product range.


The above is taken from The Consumer Rights Act 2015

Look, I wasn't having a go directly at NeilP, but consumers in general. It seems most are too quick to rant and have a go at everybody, threaten them with "Negative PR" and think that is all right..

Regarding your "Bad Food" analogy, why not complain to the chef....he cooked it....the waiter/waitress delivered it......That's like complaining to the postman for faulty goods delivered to your door......

And chill out...

Horst wrote:
northernmonkey wrote:

Quote:
This is the most amusing thread I have ever seen!!
However we are not amused!!!
Quote:

It goes to show that 99% of people have NO idea regarding UK consumer law.
NO idea of retailer responsibility.
NO idea of manufacturer responsibility
NO idea of how they work together.
NO idea how to actually complain in the CORRECT way.
NO idea how to shut up when they are not graced with ALL the facts.
NO idea how to conduct themselves in such matters.
It is really great to have such experts on this forum.
As he said: 99%of us are ignorant.

I suppose in future, all we have to do is to ask his advise when encountering a problem and he will
give us the correct advise to solve it to our satisfaction.

He further wrote:

Quote:
The manufacturer has as much right as the consumer and is well within their rights to inspect the product and determine what has caused the issue.
If the consumer is not happy with this, it is up to them (Consumer) to PROVE the camera is faulty and what has caused that fault at their (consumer) cost.
Wow!! the customer needs to prove the camera is faulty.
The reason he send it in for repair is that it didn't do anymore what it was supposed to do.
How else can he prove it.
Also: the customer has to indicate what caused the fault.

I suppose norhernmonkey is not only an expert in consumer law, but also he knows exactly what goes on inside a camera and can the specify to the manufacturer what to replace and whose fault it was the an internal component is misbehaving.

This suggest to If we have a faulty Camera , we use a Screwdriver, hammer, monkey wrench and crowbar and remove the insert of the camera and have a look at the individual components , what caused the fault.
Note it down, re-assemble the camera in such a fashion, that the manufacturer does not notice we dismantled it and attach a note to tell him the exact nature of the fault specifying what to replace.

In addition:
Quote:
It is my experience that if you conduct yourself in the correct manor with your retailer, they will do everything to help.......if you shout, rant, become a keyboard warrior......your complaint might just go to the back of the queue.......
NeilP in no way ranted and shouted to his retailer. He merely complained they it took so long and that he was not happy with the reply he received from the retailer and the manufacturer.
Also the only way to make this known on a forum is to use the Keyboard.

I can not see, what he done wrong.

I am sure if he followed you expert advise, and did virtually nothing. he would not even have got as far as he got now.

Finally: Norhernmonkey it seems like has had only positive experiences with all hes complaints.
Sorry not "complaints", he does not seem to have any, but a few inconsistencies with his goods.

Other people, he mentioned should be ignored, may have not been as lucky and the retailer was not as forthcoming as they where to him.

Also, If you go to a restaurant and you get bad food you complain to the waiter and don't run in to the kitchen to complain to the cook.

Regards, Horst

Comment by northernmonkey posted on Ricoh Pentax awful customer service at 02/02/2016 - 13:49

northernmonkey
This is the most amusing thread I have ever seen!!
It goes to show that 99% of people have NO idea regarding UK consumer law.
NO idea of retailer responsibility.
NO idea of manufacturer responsibility
NO idea of how they work together.
NO idea how to actually complain in the CORRECT way.
NO idea how to shut up when they are not graced with ALL the facts.
NO idea how to conduct themselves in such matters.

The manufacturer has as much right as the consumer and is well within their rights to inspect the product and determine what has caused the issue.
If the consumer is not happy with this, it is up to them (Consumer) to PROVE the camera is faulty and what has caused that fault at their (consumer) cost.

In some cases the retailer is really stuck in the middle. Therefore they must be guided by the official agent that is inspecting the product.

JPSS do not just work for Ricoh/Pentax, they carry out work for many others companies as well.

I have had only the very best service from SRS and the staff. They have got me out of some holes in the past and they have given me advice that has always been spot on.

It is my experience that if you conduct yourself in the correct manor with your retailer, they will do everything to help.......if you shout, rant, become a keyboard warrior......your complaint might just go to the back of the queue.......

I really hope this issue is sorted for you...

My advice......ignore MOST of the comments on here....it will not do you any good.

Comment by northernmonkey posted on Ricoh Pentax awful customer service at 26/01/2016 - 14:05

northernmonkey
Point taken.
Maybe my choice of words was not the best.
However, I do feel posting on any social media when an issue is ongoing is not really fair.
In my experience, most peoples reason for such posts is ONLY to influence the outcome of the situation.
Why else would you do it.
It also then get other people talking about it when all the facts are not known and in most cases these people side with the complaint....giving a very unbalanced view of the whole situation.
This has also been posted on a more public social media site as well.

And yes, I have made comments about a London based dealer....a dealer that I had terrible service. a dealer that is NOT recognised by Ricoh Imaging UK or Ricoh Imaging Europe as being a dealer....There is no relationshit at all with Ricoh....so actually I feel I am right to bring this to peoples attention.

SRS are a top dealer...I would not be going public with any issues I might have.



LennyBloke wrote:
northernmonkey wrote:
I undestand your frustration but is coming on here with this sort of action the way to deal with it?????
SRS always offered me the VERY best service and I rarely buy anywhere else.
Also, if the official service centre beleive the fault is caused by an outside influence that the warranty does not cover, theretailer MUST be guided by that.
Also I'm not sure threats to a supplier, service centre etc are the way forward....in fact it will probably have a negative effect....
Bullyng is not the way to deal with this..
I have worked in this industry and of course every camera tha comes into a store for any issue has never ever been dropped, subject to liquid, been on a beach...........
We must be reading different posts. I don't see any threats or bullying by NeilP. I see a very disgruntled Pentax user sharing his frustration and experiences with others.

It is up to Ricoh & SRS between them to offer an explanation of "poor condition", after all this is meant to be a durable, outdoor camera.

I have experienced customers who have "tried it on" with cameras that have water and sand damage, these are usually relatively easy to spot. If a camera is in "poor condition" when being sent to a supplier then this should be noted by the retailer in writing and a copy given to the customer. NeilP is indicating some minor issues around the grip - but if these are not indicative of abuse/damage then he is entitled to an explanation.

I too have had excellent service (on every occasion) from SRS, there are also companies that I wouldn't deal with again - and I feel I can put this information in a post if I wish. I believe you have done this yourself with another London based retailer - it is only fair!

Comment by northernmonkey posted on Ricoh Pentax awful customer service at 15/01/2016 - 10:26

northernmonkey
I undestand your frustration but is coming on here with this sort of action the way to deal with it?????
SRS always offered me the VERY best service and I rarely buy anywhere else.
Also, if the official service centre beleive the fault is caused by an outside influence that the warranty does not cover, theretailer MUST be guided by that.
Also I'm not sure threats to a supplier, service centre etc are the way forward....in fact it will probably have a negative effect....
Bullyng is not the way to deal with this..
I have worked in this industry and of course every camera tha comes into a store for any issue has never ever been dropped, subject to liquid, been on a beach...........

My advice......deal with this in private.....NOT in public....You will get a better response from all parties...



NeilP wrote:
I have long been a big fan and defender at times of Pentax, having owned 6 Pentax/Ricoh Cameras and have probably got them a few sales over the years and I have even been a Pentax Ricoh ambassador.

But my experience with them and my K-3 has got me thinking I'll never touch them again.

At the start of 2015 my camera started developing a strange fault where the AF would play up and the shutter would make a funny noise eventually fire and give a black image. It got worse so I sent it back to SRS who sent it off and Pentax service changed the motherboard and was working better than before. But by October the same fault had started again and others like a malfunctioning LCD and it crashing started to happen, so by December it went off again to be looked at on the 1st of December. Doug at SRS (who I cant fault through this) asked the Pentax rep who was in a few days later if it could be replaced as the 1st repair hadn't worked which suggested it was faulty. He insisted it was sent of to Pentax Service again. So I waited for 2 weeks and emailed SRS but they had heard nothing.

Christmas came and went and nothing, SRS chased them but no reply and after over 6 weeks they finally had a long phone conversation with Doug from SRS and told him not only would they not replace the faulty camera I would have to pay £150 to get it repaired, even though it is still under warranty (despite their long delay!) They claim this is because the camera is in a 'poor condition' which is absolute nonsense. It has some wear, but any poor condition is due to the rubber grip glue failing (fault with manufacture) and probably their shoddy repair job first time round.

It begs the question why did it take them 6 weeks to notice this? Quite frankly it's just made me really hacked off, awful customer service. The purchase of the 150-450mm is definitely off the table. In fact there may be some nice gear on sale here soon, and a Nikon D500 is suddenly and option.

One incredibly disappointed now ex-loyal Pentaxian

Comment by northernmonkey posted on Ricoh Pentax awful customer service at 15/01/2016 - 09:35

northernmonkey
Hi all,
Have you seen this shoot on Friday?
Amazing place to shoot with the Pentax ambassador, Matt Emmett.
YComment Image
You get to play with 645Z's too...Comment Image


Really hard to get into this place......

Comment by northernmonkey posted on This looks like an amazing opportunity...... at 09/12/2015 - 12:16

northernmonkey
Hi all,
Have you seen this on the Ricoh Imaging FB pages?
Looks awesome!!
Shooting on Z's, Elinchrom lights, the talented Matt Emmett.
It's £200 but I know this location is so hard to get into.....Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by northernmonkey posted on Amazing opportunity to shoot 645Z with ambassador Matt Emmett at 17/11/2015 - 16:19

northernmonkey
JohnX wrote:
Microglobe have a store in London, not too far from John Lewis Oxford Street.
Microglobe sell NON EU stock. Grey Imports.
No support from Ricoh UK or Ricoh EU.
Stay well clear.
John Lewis will not match.

Comment by northernmonkey posted on John Lewis and the price match at 17/11/2015 - 16:12

northernmonkey
Grisha wrote:
Under the Sale of Goods Act the warranty is not 2 years but we can make a claim up to 6 years
So if I buy from Microglobe, the manufactures warranty is 1 year, fine, the responsibility is up to Pentax , but for the EU law Microglobe is liable up to 2 years and for the UK law Microglobe is liable up to 6 years

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2011/feb/05/how-long-electrical-goods-guarantee...
Please be aware, as I have said before.....Microglobe have NO relationship with Ricoh UK or ANY of their distributors.....Any Pentax or Ricoh item bought from Microglobe will have NO.....ZERO back up from the UK or EU network....
They might give you a warranty, but repairs are NOT carried out at an authorised service centre..
Many Pentax items they list are US spec. (& exclusive to US market).....this should give a good idea where the stock comes from.........obviously brought into the UK without taxes etc being paid......

Comment by northernmonkey posted on Pentax Lens deals at Microglobe at 25/09/2015 - 10:33

northernmonkey
wvbarnes wrote:
A friend went to Warehouse Express in Norwich this week, having moved to Norfolk. Nothing Pentax in sight despite them being listed as a Pro Centre. I emailed them and they said they did stock some items or could get anything in for me when I visited Norfolk! I therefore don't believe much about stock with any dealer. i guess you can email enquire or phone as i tend to do with the excellent Watford SRS for example and I'm sure Microglobe will dot he same. In turn Amazon are famous for cheap prices for stuff not available eh?
He must not hae looked far....they have a massive play table with all prouct powered up....

Comment by northernmonkey posted on Pentax Lens deals at Microglobe at 04/09/2015 - 15:18

northernmonkey
WARNING......
Microglobe stock is NOT UK sourced at all.
I have spoken to Ricoh UK and they do not supply ANY stock to Microglobe.
They also tell me that non of their UK distributers supply any stock to Microglobe.
I have had issus in the past and will never touch them again!!!!
This is how I know the facts..
Also, they are selling products (Binos) that are US Exclusive.
Any Pentax stock bought has NO support from ricoh UK or Eu.
I found this out the hard way.

Comment by northernmonkey posted on Pentax Lens deals at Microglobe at 04/09/2015 - 15:17

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo