Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Microglobe

Aleks1298
Posted 21/03/2014 - 16:58 Link
Hey,
checked their website and they have some very tempting offers in stock atm!

100mm f2.8WR £343
14mm f2.8 £433
21mm f3.2 £309
40mm f2.8 £219
43mm f1.9 £383 Says not in stock, but there were some in the shop today around lunch time.
Also some other lenses are at a very reasonable price!

Plus load of different filters and stuff at a very good price!

Cheers,
Aleks
Pentax K-5 and co.
Papa_Lazarou
Posted 21/03/2014 - 17:00 Link
Bought a few lenses from these guys - 50-135, 10-17 and just yesterday another 77 Ltd. Always fast and friendly service. Great prices too.
Edited by Papa_Lazarou: 21/03/2014 - 17:00
Posted 21/03/2014 - 21:44 Link
Recently bought the 100mm from them very happy with the service, and the price naturally, also considering the second hand price for that lens is normally higher than that, my next big purchase will more than likely be from them, again because of the cost saving, after that they are pretty much a muchness on my other dream/wish list items.
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone
Aleks1298
Posted 22/03/2014 - 13:31 Link
Popped by there today and saw some more offers.

55-300 WR £240
DA* 55 1.4 £433
20-40 Lim. £593
Hood for 16-50 £2.66
DA Limited's at a bargain prices.
DA HD Limited at even better bargain prices.

Anyway, you can roam around the website and see if you like anything yourself!

I have been in their "office" a few times and service is impeccable. Fast, clean and professional. Highly recommended!

I left way too much money there in the past day
Pentax K-5 and co.
Posted 23/03/2014 - 20:21 Link
Guys, this opperation is selling grey imports from he US!!
This will not in any way support Ricoh UK opperation.
These products do not have any warranty in the EU that will be suported in anyway by Pentax.
I have had an ongoing and bad eperience with these guys and I would never buy from them again!!!
I have warned you........I know that when something goes wrong with a lens you have bought.....ou will tell me that I told you.......

Does it not mae you wonder why the products are so cheap???????

Could it be they are actually imported illegally?????

How can you on one hand moan about lack f activity from Ricoh in the UK when yu do not support them!!
Posted 23/03/2014 - 21:14 Link
northernmonkey wrote:
Guys, this opperation is selling grey imports from he US!!
This will not in any way support Ricoh UK opperation.
These products do not have any warranty in the EU that will be suported in anyway by Pentax.
I have had an ongoing and bad eperience with these guys and I would never buy from them again!!!
I have warned you........I know that when something goes wrong with a lens you have bought.....ou will tell me that I told you.......

Does it not mae you wonder why the products are so cheap???????

How can you on one hand moan about lack f activity from Ricoh in the UK when yu do not support them!!

I seem to remember it being mentioned in another thread people used to go on mentioning this kind of thing with another supplier, but when the item page specifies UK sourced, that's good enough for me.

I will and do buy from my local shop, but still at these prices you have to consider them, a £200 saving for new is not too be sniffed at and if buying second hand (this price territory) you could be taking larger risks, and if I can get the rest of the money together I will/may use them for a 50-135, even bigger savings there.

But I do hope you get your issue resolved, never good when problems get dragged out.

But there do seem to be plenty happy customers also.
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone
Conqueror
Posted 23/03/2014 - 21:17 Link
Quote:
I seem to remember it being mentioned in another thread people used to go on mentioning this kind of thing with another supplier, but when the item page specifies UK sourced, that's good enough for me.

Was about to say this... some of the items are clearly marked "UK sourced" stock...

Some aren't marked this way.. So I would expect these to be full EU warranty covered

So I don't see what the big deal is...

It's also a physical shop in London.. not a warehouse job, or some site with a weird postal address
K-3ii
Edited by Conqueror: 23/03/2014 - 21:18
Steep
Posted 23/03/2014 - 21:39 Link
northernmonkey wrote:

I think you need to be a bit more careful making statements like that. They may be unsupported, grey imports but that doesn't make it illegal.
wvbarnes
Posted 23/03/2014 - 21:57 Link
I've happily bought Sigma lenses from Microglobe in the past. A 50mm macro for example was clearly labelled as stock for Germany. Microglobe warrant themselves for twelve months. Sigma will not register their warranty despite us being in the single EU market. I know because I asked.

I buy my Pentax kit from SRS given the 2 year Pro warranty.

I see no reason not to buy from such a UK London based physical shop again. Better than some of the Hong Kong outfits pretending to exist here eh?
Posted 24/03/2014 - 09:34 Link
Steep wrote:
northernmonkey wrote:

I think you need to be a bit more careful making statements like that. They may be unsupported, grey imports but that doesn't make it illegal.

I was indeed asking a question.....If the prices are so low, It would suggest that full duties are not being paid, therefor there will be legal issues if this is challenged.

I have an ongoing issue with these guys...

I know for a FACT that the stock IS NOT UK, or EU sourced. IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY KIND OF SUPPORTED WARRANTY IN THE UK.
I have been told this by Pentax UK.

Some brands they sell might be EU stock.
The Pentax is from the US and the prices suggest they are not paying all the duty, taxes etc.

If you ae in doubt, call Ricoh UK and ask.....
gwing
Posted 24/03/2014 - 10:17 Link
northernmonkey wrote:
Steep wrote:
Quote:

I was indeed asking a question.....If the prices are so low, It would suggest that full duties are not being paid, therefor there will be legal issues if this is challenged.

I know for a FACT that the stock IS NOT UK, or EU sourced. IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY KIND OF SUPPORTED WARRANTY IN THE UK.

The Pentax is from the US and the prices suggest they are not paying all the duty, taxes etc.

This is verging on slander, and just outrageous to suggest that just because someone has low prices they are acting illegally.

Quote:

Edited by gwing: 24/03/2014 - 10:18
Posted 24/03/2014 - 11:28 Link
gwing wrote:
northernmonkey wrote:
Quote:
northernmonkey wrote:

This is verging on slander, and just outrageous to suggest that just because someone has low prices they are acting illegally.

Quote:

You could be right....verging on.....
I am not saying they are trading in an illegal manner.....I am asking if they could be.
How can the prices be so much lower?
Why are they not a recognised UK Pentax dealer?
Why do they sell Pentax products that are exclusive for th US market (rifle scopes)???

I have lookied into this because I have had to.

I am trying to protect custonmers.....use official Pentax stockists when buying your kit.
johnriley
Posted 24/03/2014 - 11:49 Link
If you have an issue with a company, better to take it up with them directly rather than make comments that are in danger of going too far.

As you've written it by the way, libel is the danger, slander is spoken. So do please be careful that you restrict yourself to facts.

Many people have dealt with Microglobe, no doubt many without any problem whatsoever.
Best regards, John
JAK
Posted 24/03/2014 - 12:19 Link
Is the suggestion that there be a return to resale price maintenance like there was before 1964 at which time it was considered all resale price agreements were against the public interest unless proven otherwise.

I'm pretty sure some companies would relish such a move, but consumers wouldn't.

I have purchased a lens for my Q from Microglobe and they provided excellent service and good value.
John K
Edited by JAK: 24/03/2014 - 12:20
Posted 24/03/2014 - 12:25 Link
johnriley wrote:
If you have an issue with a company, better to take it up with them directly rather than make comments that are in danger of going too far.

As you've written it by the way, libel is the danger, slander is spoken. So do please be careful that you restrict yourself to facts.

Many people have dealt with Microglobe, no doubt many without any problem whatsoever.

Fair comment John.
Did not mean to upset anybody.
I just urge you all to support the UK dealer network and we will all benefit from better service and support.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.