nilescrane

Joined: 10th July 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

nilescrane
Thanks

Comment by nilescrane posted on I've been published in Amateur Photographer but..... at 14/12/2009 - 17:29

nilescrane
Dangermouse wrote:
There don't seem to be many real world shops with used equipment left now.

I fondly remember the bigger branches of Jessops with cases full of sensibly priced used kit
I remember when even small branches of Dixons had used stuff. But then I also remember penny (1d) bars of chocolate!

Comment by nilescrane posted on Pentax Is on the UP! at 13/12/2009 - 20:45

nilescrane
.....it's only an article! I received a cheque today for my Backchat column in the issue of 28th November (about photobooks). I haven't even seen it yet!

Comment by nilescrane posted on I've been published in Amateur Photographer but..... at 12/12/2009 - 19:58

nilescrane
A tip for Chris: don't use the same nic in 2 different forums!

Comment by nilescrane posted on Possible New Pentax User at 07/12/2009 - 10:35

nilescrane
Oggy wrote:
I got my paws on one yesterday in Curries. No batteries in it so could not really do much with it, but certainly feel-wise, a K20 it ain't.
I've tried one (a K-Xmas gift beckons). A quality product (esp now the battery issues have been addressed), solid but light. And takes good pictures to boot (subject to the photographer!).
.

Comment by nilescrane posted on Some Kx images at 05/12/2009 - 17:58

nilescrane
Now released:

link

Guess what? It addresses the battery issue!

Comment by nilescrane posted on Kx Firmware at 03/12/2009 - 13:08

nilescrane
I've discovered the cause of my text on text, and text on graphics problems. My font was set to size 24, which is good for me but not for FF. When I reduce the size there are no problems. I agree- Windows 7 is a noticeable improvement. It's all too easy to blame Mr Gates when things go wrong!

Comment by nilescrane posted on Firefox 'issues' at 01/12/2009 - 21:00

nilescrane
mattox wrote:
I am pretty positive that you cannot download images from red bubble. The only way to buy is to purchase a print and that is it. Maybe they have change the format recently. I am not sure. Will look into it and get back to you.
I hate to say this, but they can be saved as small images. I just tried one for research purposes (was 64KB), and immediately deleted it. (I won't say how!)

Comment by nilescrane posted on Red Bubble at 30/11/2009 - 23:58

nilescrane
I thought this thread would reveal that Reg Varney had been outed as a Pentax user!

Comment by nilescrane posted on Pentax On The Buses at 30/11/2009 - 23:44

nilescrane
Daniel Bridge wrote:

Of course, once you've got your lens camo'd up, you'll need to sort yourself out!

Dan
Very nice- I'd like one of those suits for Christmas please Daniel

Comment by nilescrane posted on Lens protection at 28/11/2009 - 22:38

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo