Nigelk

Joined: 3rd December 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Nigelk
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on insurance providers for our precious gear. Reasonable premiums from companies that pay up when and if the worse happens.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Camera and Lens insurance at 08/01/2016 - 16:08

Nigelk
Excellent news! The new Pentax camera can take Photographs, hooray, I'll put the bunting up. This new camera being made it all seems like such back shed stuff. I'm sure it will be a fine tool. I'm just worried how many they will sell.

Comment by Nigelk posted on First images from FF (K-1?) at 12/12/2015 - 09:35

Nigelk
I've taken the liberty of quickly taking the photograph in the direction I would be thinking. As it is the babies face in focus I have kept it close to the centre, knocked the distracting background out of focus and done a few local adjustments. I'm not keen on the tone in the last shot nor the Maple leaves going over the baby's face. Nice family shot.
Best
Nigel
PS. I should have brightened the faces a little as well I think.

Comment Image

Comment by Nigelk posted on for those that wanted to see this at 21/11/2015 - 11:04

Nigelk

Comment by Nigelk posted on Bad news for those waiting for FF. at 14/11/2015 - 18:36

Nigelk
Who is this Panditdas John, is he legit?

Comment by Nigelk posted on A lot of these topics look odd. I would strongly recommend not clicking the links. at 09/11/2015 - 08:37

Nigelk
Another vote for cloned out from me. Lovely shot.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Advice on composition at 04/11/2015 - 16:11

Nigelk
Greetings, I hope you enjoy your camera as much as I enjoy mine.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Finding feet. at 31/10/2015 - 08:42

Nigelk
I had this problem with my Pentax Q. I formatted the SD card in the camera and had no trouble since. I hope this works for you.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Pentax Optio i10 Battery change problem at 28/10/2015 - 22:40

Nigelk
My first camera as a child was a Kodak Instamatic. The first camera I bought for myself was a Pentax K1000 replaced by a Pentax ME Super after the K1000 had been stolen. My first digital was a Pentax Optio 550, which I still have and it still works. My first DSLR was a Pentax K7.

Comment by Nigelk posted on being nosie at 25/10/2015 - 15:52

Nigelk
I feel not all your points are to do with mirrorless versus with mirror John, however. Even taking those points on board I find myself looking at the latest Sony A7 mark2 cameras and thinking wow! As I have very little full frame glass if I were to move to a larger sensor size I would be looking at the whole package, camera and lenses, size cost and so on so I'll be looking at all brands to see what suits me best. I would have to say the 24 mega pixie Sony looks very very nice. The Pentax is going to have to offer something very compelling to make me stick with heavier and bulkier. I can see that if I was a wildlife or sports photographer that perhaps mirrorless is not quite there yet but I bet in most cases they would get the job done and done well.

Sorry for straying Stuart.

Comment by Nigelk posted on more ff rumors part 2 at 24/10/2015 - 09:10

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo