being nosie
Posted 25/10/2015 - 12:31
Link
Hi Stu
Mine was a Zenith B built like a tank. Then the Pentax ESII, Mamiya 645, Mamiya C330, Mamiya 67.
Pentax ME Super, Pentax P50, Pentax SFXn,
Pentax isD, Pentax K7, Pentax K5iis, Pentax K3
I have been reasonably loyal. My friend has the Pentax 67-great camera but preferred the Mamiya for its' rotating fim back.
Malc
Mine was a Zenith B built like a tank. Then the Pentax ESII, Mamiya 645, Mamiya C330, Mamiya 67.
Pentax ME Super, Pentax P50, Pentax SFXn,
Pentax isD, Pentax K7, Pentax K5iis, Pentax K3
I have been reasonably loyal. My friend has the Pentax 67-great camera but preferred the Mamiya for its' rotating fim back.
Malc
Posted 25/10/2015 - 12:40
Link
My first camera I found in an old travelling trunk that had all my Grandparents old discarded stuff. It was a wonderland of things that suited an small boy very well. Rooting about revealed old clocks, old medical equipment, and a Kodak 620 Junior Box Camera. 8 shots on 620 film. I still have the camera and last used it maybe about 5 years ago.
My first Pentax was around 1976, when I could finally afford a Pentax SP1000 with 55mm f/2 SMC Takumar.
My first Pentax digital was the *istDS.
My first Pentax was around 1976, when I could finally afford a Pentax SP1000 with 55mm f/2 SMC Takumar.
My first Pentax digital was the *istDS.
Best regards, John
Posted 25/10/2015 - 13:18
Link
My first camera was a Konica S3, a birthday gift from my grandparents, at the time I had no interest in photography, my grandad was though and had his own darkroom, and as soon as I developed my first B&W film from the little Konica I was hooked, I think I was 8 years old.
My first slr was a Olympus OM10 and my first Dslr was a K20D, my first Pentax was a K1000 replaced by a SF7, but between my Konica and current K3 I must have owned nearly 40 or 50 different other cameras, some of which I still own.
My first slr was a Olympus OM10 and my first Dslr was a K20D, my first Pentax was a K1000 replaced by a SF7, but between my Konica and current K3 I must have owned nearly 40 or 50 different other cameras, some of which I still own.
Posted 25/10/2015 - 14:00
Link
My first camera was an Italian job and I bought it because it looked like a real camera
First Pentax was a MG.First digital was *isD and stayed with Pentax ever since
Stan J
First Pentax was a MG.First digital was *isD and stayed with Pentax ever since
Stan J
Posted 25/10/2015 - 15:11
Link
My first was a Pentax K1000 late 70,s I think and my last will be a Pentax
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 25/10/2015 - 15:52
Link
My first camera as a child was a Kodak Instamatic. The first camera I bought for myself was a Pentax K1000 replaced by a Pentax ME Super after the K1000 had been stolen. My first digital was a Pentax Optio 550, which I still have and it still works. My first DSLR was a Pentax K7.
Posted 25/10/2015 - 17:14
Link
For me it was Agfa instamatic , Zorki 4 rangefinder, practica mtl3 , Pentax k1000 with various lenses (stolen) me super and the Olympus OM 1 and OM 2
Enjoyed using every one but had a soft spot for the K1000 and Oly OM 1
Enjoyed using every one but had a soft spot for the K1000 and Oly OM 1
K3, K50
Only doin' it for fun
Only doin' it for fun
Posted 25/10/2015 - 17:21
Link
Mine was a Kodak Instamatic 50.
But the first SLR was a gift from my father - a used Soligor TM (fully manual) with an M42 mount.
I didn't really know what to do with it at first, but I had a friend who was the local road safety officer and a fellow snooker player who was a keen amateur photographer. He taught me all the basics, the sunny 16 rule, depth of field, how to load your own film cassettes, how to develop my own pictures (B&W and slides) and so on. We set each other photography tasks and compared results later.
Some valuable lessons, but I still have a lot to learn!
But the first SLR was a gift from my father - a used Soligor TM (fully manual) with an M42 mount.
I didn't really know what to do with it at first, but I had a friend who was the local road safety officer and a fellow snooker player who was a keen amateur photographer. He taught me all the basics, the sunny 16 rule, depth of field, how to load your own film cassettes, how to develop my own pictures (B&W and slides) and so on. We set each other photography tasks and compared results later.
Some valuable lessons, but I still have a lot to learn!
Posted 25/10/2015 - 17:37
Link
I started with a Kodak Brownie 127 in my teens and got my first 35mm camera, a Kodak Retinette IIb when I went to university. That was the camera that I developed (sorry) my photographic enthusiasm with, doing my own B&W D&P in the university darkroom where I also reloaded my cassettes with cheap govt surplus FP3 cut from long reels.
I was given a s/h Zenit complete with the Helios 58mm f/2 (which I still use on my Pentax DSLR's) but for lightness and ease of use I bought an Olympus Trip for everyday use.
I went through a number of different 35mm 'point & shoot cameras whilst the family were growing up and eventually went digital with a Canon A40 - only 2MP but still capable of decent A4 prints !
After moving up to a Canon A580 and then an S90 (which I still use as my 'pocket camera') I felt the need for the greater flexibility of a DSLR and after lots of research it was the Pentax K-r that 'stood out a mile' on my checklist.
I have been very pleased with the K-r (which caused me a mild LBA) and through this Forum I've learned a lot of useful tips and also the limitations of the K-r.
Hence last year I bought the K50 + DA18-135 kit for the WR, the better sensor and added facilities offered by the K50. This kit suits me very well and I don't see any need to upgrade..........(as yet, of course !)
I was given a s/h Zenit complete with the Helios 58mm f/2 (which I still use on my Pentax DSLR's) but for lightness and ease of use I bought an Olympus Trip for everyday use.
I went through a number of different 35mm 'point & shoot cameras whilst the family were growing up and eventually went digital with a Canon A40 - only 2MP but still capable of decent A4 prints !
After moving up to a Canon A580 and then an S90 (which I still use as my 'pocket camera') I felt the need for the greater flexibility of a DSLR and after lots of research it was the Pentax K-r that 'stood out a mile' on my checklist.
I have been very pleased with the K-r (which caused me a mild LBA) and through this Forum I've learned a lot of useful tips and also the limitations of the K-r.
Hence last year I bought the K50 + DA18-135 kit for the WR, the better sensor and added facilities offered by the K50. This kit suits me very well and I don't see any need to upgrade..........(as yet, of course !)
Posted 25/10/2015 - 18:07
Link
My first camera that I ever used was my father's Leica M3. I used this until I bought a Minolta SRT101. My father traded his M3 to me for the Minolta a few years later. The best trade I ever made.
Posted 25/10/2015 - 18:58
Link
First new SLR was a Pentax K-1000. Was able to find an unused yet still used/not new Asahiflex I later that same year.
Some other memorable purchases from that "era"
One of my first cameras was a Ricoh, that was actually purchased at a trade show. Ironically the Ricoh and Pentax booths were directly beside each other. The reps from both booths were amusing themselves by switching out lenses between different cameras; Pentax to Ricoh, etc.. The Ricoh model purchased was a Ricoh XR-S will a small set of solar arrays on the pentaprism that somehow managed to both power and charge the entire camera.
Some other memorable purchases from that "era"
One of my first cameras was a Ricoh, that was actually purchased at a trade show. Ironically the Ricoh and Pentax booths were directly beside each other. The reps from both booths were amusing themselves by switching out lenses between different cameras; Pentax to Ricoh, etc.. The Ricoh model purchased was a Ricoh XR-S will a small set of solar arrays on the pentaprism that somehow managed to both power and charge the entire camera.
Posted 25/10/2015 - 20:07
Link
My first was a Diana-F kit. Cost less than a quid, including flash, bulbs and batteries. I think they go for £30 or more these days.
This was followed by a number of Boots cameras, which were pretty good,
First slr was a Zenit 3m, made from recyled tank parts, from the feel of it. After a number of Cosina K-mount slrs, I finally managed to afford an MX.
This was followed by a number of Boots cameras, which were pretty good,
First slr was a Zenit 3m, made from recyled tank parts, from the feel of it. After a number of Cosina K-mount slrs, I finally managed to afford an MX.
SteveH!
Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.
Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.
Posted 25/10/2015 - 20:24
Link
Someone gave me a Kodak Cresta 3 for Christmas as a small boy which I happily experimented with until a while later I had an Agfa Selina (I think) when I learned about light metering etc. and took 35mm transparencies but don't know where it went. Always had a bit of a yen for a Pentax (or Nikon) but marriage and kids intervened and for years I made do with a Fujifilm cassette film point and shoot until my first Pentax, the SF7 35mm slr with a 28-80 macro zoom which I still have, although I left it on auto setting most of the time. First digital was a Nikon Coolpix followed by a Panasonic Lumix which I still use for work, and first digital DSLR is the K50. So a rather hit and miss photographic journey with a big gap between my teens and now.
Posted 25/10/2015 - 20:27
Link
rockysan wrote:
My first camera that I ever used was my father's Leica M3. I used this until I bought a Minolta SRT101. My father traded his M3 to me for the Minolta a few years later. The best trade I ever made.
Wow, talk about starting at the top!
My first camera that I ever used was my father's Leica M3. I used this until I bought a Minolta SRT101. My father traded his M3 to me for the Minolta a few years later. The best trade I ever made.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1229 posts
12 years
But what was your very first camera mine was an olympus trip (the very first one) told you there was some swearing .
First slr was a pentax me super and digital was ist ds.
Stu