being nosie

stu62

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 11:44
I know im being nosie and there wil probably be a lot of swearingfrom people .
But what was your very first camera mine was an olympus trip (the very first one) told you there was some swearing .
First slr was a pentax me super and digital was ist ds.
Stu

malcombe

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 12:31
Hi Stu
Mine was a Zenith B built like a tank. Then the Pentax ESII, Mamiya 645, Mamiya C330, Mamiya 67.

Pentax ME Super, Pentax P50, Pentax SFXn,

Pentax isD, Pentax K7, Pentax K5iis, Pentax K3

I have been reasonably loyal. My friend has the Pentax 67-great camera but preferred the Mamiya for its' rotating fim back.

Malc

johnriley

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 12:40
My first camera I found in an old travelling trunk that had all my Grandparents old discarded stuff. It was a wonderland of things that suited an small boy very well. Rooting about revealed old clocks, old medical equipment, and a Kodak 620 Junior Box Camera. 8 shots on 620 film. I still have the camera and last used it maybe about 5 years ago.

My first Pentax was around 1976, when I could finally afford a Pentax SP1000 with 55mm f/2 SMC Takumar.

My first Pentax digital was the *istDS.
Best regards, John

Marat

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 13:18
My first camera was a Konica S3, a birthday gift from my grandparents, at the time I had no interest in photography, my grandad was though and had his own darkroom, and as soon as I developed my first B&W film from the little Konica I was hooked, I think I was 8 years old.
My first slr was a Olympus OM10 and my first Dslr was a K20D, my first Pentax was a K1000 replaced by a SF7, but between my Konica and current K3 I must have owned nearly 40 or 50 different other cameras, some of which I still own.
Last Edited by Marat on 25/10/2015 - 13:21

jambodog6a

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 14:00
My first camera was an Italian job and I bought it because it looked like a real camera
First Pentax was a MG.First digital was *isD and stayed with Pentax ever since
Stan J

Chrism8

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 15:11
My first was a Pentax K1000 late 70,s I think and my last will be a Pentax
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax FA 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8,

K5iis - Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 70 - 300 F3.5/F5.6, Sigma 18 - 200 F3.6 / F4.5.

Nigelk

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 15:52
My first camera as a child was a Kodak Instamatic. The first camera I bought for myself was a Pentax K1000 replaced by a Pentax ME Super after the K1000 had been stolen. My first digital was a Pentax Optio 550, which I still have and it still works. My first DSLR was a Pentax K7.

PeterE

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 17:14
For me it was Agfa instamatic , Zorki 4 rangefinder, practica mtl3 , Pentax k1000 with various lenses (stolen) me super and the Olympus OM 1 and OM 2

Enjoyed using every one but had a soft spot for the K1000 and Oly OM 1
K3, K50

Only doin' it for fun

percy

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 17:21
Mine was a Kodak Instamatic 50.
But the first SLR was a gift from my father - a used Soligor TM (fully manual) with an M42 mount.
I didn't really know what to do with it at first, but I had a friend who was the local road safety officer and a fellow snooker player who was a keen amateur photographer. He taught me all the basics, the sunny 16 rule, depth of field, how to load your own film cassettes, how to develop my own pictures (B&W and slides) and so on. We set each other photography tasks and compared results later.
Some valuable lessons, but I still have a lot to learn!
Last Edited by percy on 25/10/2015 - 17:22

PeterKR

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 17:37
I started with a Kodak Brownie 127 in my teens and got my first 35mm camera, a Kodak Retinette IIb when I went to university. That was the camera that I developed (sorry) my photographic enthusiasm with, doing my own B&W D&P in the university darkroom where I also reloaded my cassettes with cheap govt surplus FP3 cut from long reels.
I was given a s/h Zenit complete with the Helios 58mm f/2 (which I still use on my Pentax DSLR's) but for lightness and ease of use I bought an Olympus Trip for everyday use.
I went through a number of different 35mm 'point & shoot cameras whilst the family were growing up and eventually went digital with a Canon A40 - only 2MP but still capable of decent A4 prints !
After moving up to a Canon A580 and then an S90 (which I still use as my 'pocket camera') I felt the need for the greater flexibility of a DSLR and after lots of research it was the Pentax K-r that 'stood out a mile' on my checklist.
I have been very pleased with the K-r (which caused me a mild LBA) and through this Forum I've learned a lot of useful tips and also the limitations of the K-r.
Hence last year I bought the K50 + DA18-135 kit for the WR, the better sensor and added facilities offered by the K50. This kit suits me very well and I don't see any need to upgrade..........(as yet, of course !)

rockysan

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 18:07
My first camera that I ever used was my father's Leica M3. I used this until I bought a Minolta SRT101. My father traded his M3 to me for the Minolta a few years later. The best trade I ever made.

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 18:58
First new SLR was a Pentax K-1000. Was able to find an unused yet still used/not new Asahiflex I later that same year.

Some other memorable purchases from that "era"

One of my first cameras was a Ricoh, that was actually purchased at a trade show. Ironically the Ricoh and Pentax booths were directly beside each other. The reps from both booths were amusing themselves by switching out lenses between different cameras; Pentax to Ricoh, etc.. The Ricoh model purchased was a Ricoh XR-S will a small set of solar arrays on the pentaprism that somehow managed to both power and charge the entire camera.

Aitch53

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 20:07
My first was a Diana-F kit. Cost less than a quid, including flash, bulbs and batteries. I think they go for 30 or more these days.

This was followed by a number of Boots cameras, which were pretty good,

First slr was a Zenit 3m, made from recyled tank parts, from the feel of it. After a number of Cosina K-mount slrs, I finally managed to afford an MX.
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

RobL

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 20:24
Someone gave me a Kodak Cresta 3 for Christmas as a small boy which I happily experimented with until a while later I had an Agfa Selina (I think) when I learned about light metering etc. and took 35mm transparencies but don't know where it went. Always had a bit of a yen for a Pentax (or Nikon) but marriage and kids intervened and for years I made do with a Fujifilm cassette film point and shoot until my first Pentax, the SF7 35mm slr with a 28-80 macro zoom which I still have, although I left it on auto setting most of the time. First digital was a Nikon Coolpix followed by a Panasonic Lumix which I still use for work, and first digital DSLR is the K50. So a rather hit and miss photographic journey with a big gap between my teens and now.

RobL

Link Posted 25/10/2015 - 20:27
rockysan wrote:
My first camera that I ever used was my father's Leica M3. I used this until I bought a Minolta SRT101. My father traded his M3 to me for the Minolta a few years later. The best trade I ever made.

Wow, talk about starting at the top!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.