mph555l

Joined: 9th October 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

mph555l
I find "MESS" works for me. The idea being if you don't run through this check list your photos with be a MESS.

M = Memory, check the card is in the camera, not the lap top !
E= Exposure , Av, program, what ever
S= Speed, ISO
S = Shake, on / off

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Mnemonics and checklists at 11/10/2009 - 19:56

mph555l
I dusted off my late fathers old P30n at the weekend and loaded it with some Velvia 50. Finally had a break in the weather and so I stopped on the way into work this morning and took some shots of the sunrise. Hopefully I'll get some of the sunset on the way home too.

Anyway, just thought I'd give a plug for the little camera. Its a joy to use and often seems to be over looked by most people.

Any other fans here ?

Cheers,

Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Any P30 fans here ? at 08/10/2009 - 11:22

mph555l
Just go to back to my original post, am I the only person here who finds it amazing it will be possible to put 2 TB on a card that small ? The micro SDCX card is just 15mm x 11mm x 1mm.

Perhaps I'm just getting old. When I went to secondary school our computer science department consisted of one Commodore PET 2001, which only the brightest students were allowed near. (I was not among them !)

link

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on SDXC at 06/10/2009 - 11:24

mph555l
Hi Kris,

A good replacement for the M200 might be the A70-210 f/4 zoom. They are very common on ebay and so normally don't cost much. An excellent lens, that works very well on both film cameras and the K10D. I'm not able to do a side by side comparison, but I suspect at the long end it might actually out perform the M200.

Just a thought anyway,

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on RIP SMC-M 200mm at 05/10/2009 - 09:53

mph555l
Does anyone else out there find it hard to believe the next generation of SD cards will have a capacity of up to 2 TB ?

To be honest I find it staggering.

http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdxc

Cheers,

/Ian.

Comment by mph555l posted on SDXC at 04/10/2009 - 23:55

mph555l
Of course, thats it

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Pentax TC Converter A-2XS, how it works? at 27/09/2009 - 13:25

mph555l
Here is best source of information. The owners manual.

link

Seems my combination of A400 and 2x-s can cause some vignetting at the corners. I can't say I have noticed it though.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Pentax TC Converter A-2XS, how it works? at 27/09/2009 - 07:16

mph555l
nathanever82 wrote:
I am considering selling this lens.
Nathan, I never thought I would see the day.

Best of luck anyway,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Pentax FA 31mm F1.8 AL Ltd at 26/09/2009 - 08:13

mph555l
I've never thought about it before, but I notice the lens does not have SMC printed on it. Does that mean they did not have the magical coating ?

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Bargain ?? (110 system) at 26/09/2009 - 08:06

mph555l
Fantastic - perhaps you can try the same thing with a camera body sometime ?

Regards,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on 2 Pentax Lenses seen from a different perspective at 26/09/2009 - 08:01

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo