MarkTaylor

Joined: 26th January 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

MarkTaylor
Any photography related comments?

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Rugby Fans - Scotland v. Wales at 16/02/2011 - 19:39

MarkTaylor
These are great shots. No. 2 especially is stunning. Need to work on my PP skills as I hardly have a clue how to do this sort of thing right now.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Dull but Nice - Ullswater at 15/02/2011 - 21:05

MarkTaylor
Wow. Really like those shots. Was any NR used in PP or are these straight out of the camera? I have to ask I've seen noisier shots come out of my K-5 at ISO 3200 - although that may be just because I was photographing darker scenes which make the noise more obvious.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on First from the Sigma 17-50 OS HSM at 15/02/2011 - 21:02

MarkTaylor
Well I was out on the weekend with the K-5 and new Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 lens and caught some street shots of Rugby Fans making for the Scotland v. Wales game at Murrayfield. It's very much my first attempt at this sort of thing so I'd appreciate some tips. I haven't been too comfortable photographing strangers in the past but I'm purposely trying to challenge myself and operate outside of my comfort zones.

I do like the last one but the exposure is a little off... any tips on fixing it in pp?


[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Scottish%20and%20Welsh%20Rugby%20Fans/SvW201102.jpg[/IMG]


[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Scottish%20and%20Welsh%20Rugby%20Fans/SvW201100.jpg[/IMG]


[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Scottish%20and%20Welsh%20Rugby%20Fans/SvW201101.jpg[/IMG]


[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Scottish%20and%20Welsh%20Rugby%20Fans/SvW201103.jpg[/IMG]


[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Scottish%20and%20Welsh%20Rugby%20Fans/SvW201107.jpg[/IMG]


[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Scottish%20and%20Welsh%20Rugby%20Fans/SvW201104.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Rugby Fans - Scotland v. Wales at 15/02/2011 - 20:42

MarkTaylor
Finally the lens arrived! Will be out taking more shots this weekend.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on New Pentax User at 08/02/2011 - 23:45

MarkTaylor
Image number 1 is more pleasing to mine eye. Hardly the photographer's fault, but image number 2 reminds me all the dodgy picnic benches I've ever eaten at, complete with damp and/or dirty seats, dodgy legs which make the whole thing rock when anybody shifts their weight, spilling your drink, etc. etc. obviously I've done this kind of thing far too often in my life.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Better of the two at 08/02/2011 - 03:33

MarkTaylor
Thanks for all the suggestions! I agree No. 6 could benefit from a little editing. I might give it a go later on.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on My first K-5 shots at 07/02/2011 - 20:00

MarkTaylor
Thanks for the comments! They aren't my fish, they were taken in a small public aquarium at the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh. I have quite a few more but many of them were spoiled because the tanks are in poor condition - i.e. there are a lot of scratches on the glass which unfortunately show up all too clearly in many of the photos. I assume all the scratches are the result of kids messing around because there is no permanent supervision in the place.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Oh fishy, fishy, fishy! at 07/02/2011 - 19:48

MarkTaylor
K-5, SMC Pentax-A 35-70mm F4.

C&Cs welcome, as folks say around here. As I'm a beginner I need to start getting some criticism.

Anyway, here's another thing the K-5's high ISO capability is good for - photographing fish in dimly lit aquaria. It's still pretty hard to get a good shot though; they just don't stop moving around for long! Tracking them with manual focus is quite hard, although I imagine autofocus would struggle too in this kind of light.

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Fish/YellowFish.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Fish/StripeyFish.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Fish/RustyFish.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Oh fishy, fishy, fishy! at 06/02/2011 - 19:29

MarkTaylor
Oggy wrote:
No. 5 should be a caption competition.
The seagull at the back is saying "Just watch, he'll choke on that".

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Greedy Seagull - C&C's welcome at 06/02/2011 - 11:52

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo