MarkTaylor

Joined: 26th January 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

MarkTaylor
I like the third one. Great colours and I love that crazy looking tree and its reflection.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Images by moonlight at 06/02/2011 - 11:32

MarkTaylor
These are great!

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Salford Junction at 06/02/2011 - 11:10

MarkTaylor
Thanks for the comments, although I have to mention about the bridge - I assume you're referring to "North Bridge" which can be seen at the top of the photo. In fact it is not horizontal at all, it's on a slope - I've cycled across it many times in my younger days (before I got a car and became lazy) and trust me, it's enough of a slope to work up quite a sweat heading Southbound. Northbound you can freewheel down it. If I got it horizonal all the other horizontal and vertical lines in the photo would be tilted!

I ordered the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II etc. From all accounts it's a very good lens. I'd have liked the DA* 16-50, but well, it's more than twice the price.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on My first K-5 shots at 06/02/2011 - 11:00

MarkTaylor
techno-terminator wrote:
hmmm me no see any pictures
My bad. I renamed the album on photobucket which invalidated the links. Ooops. Here they are again.

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/2011Feb05/ReachingBranch.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/2011Feb05/PinkAndBlue.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/2011Feb05/OutOfTheBlue.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/2011Feb05/Leafy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/2011Feb05/RoyalFriends.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/2011Feb05/WaverlyNight.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/2011Feb05/TrailsOnTheMound.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on My first K-5 shots at 06/02/2011 - 09:23

MarkTaylor
Just posted some of my first K-5 shots in the Your Photos forum for anyone who's interested. Still no Tamron lens so I'm using the manual focus one.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on New Pentax User at 06/02/2011 - 00:16

MarkTaylor
Took the new K-5 out for the first time today. The lens I ordered still hasn't arrived so I only have a SMC Pentax-A 35-70mm F4 which I picked up for peanuts on ebay. Anyway I'm still learning and getting used to the camera but I managed to get a few shots I quite like. I've actually quite enjoyed having to work with the limitations of the lens and rely on manual focus! It certainly seems capable of producing some nice images.

The first five were taken at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh at the other two later on near Waverly Bridge, also in Edinburgh.

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/ReachingBranch.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/PinkAndBlue.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/OutOfTheBlue.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/Leafy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/RoyalFriends.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/WaverlyNight.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/TrailsOnTheMound.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on My first K-5 shots at 06/02/2011 - 00:13

MarkTaylor
The K-5 arrived! But still waiting for the Tamron lens. I do have a SMC Pentax-A 35-70mm F4 which I got from ebay for peanuts (£18 including postage!) I got it mainly for its relatively decent close-focusing ability as it will likely be a while before I can afford to splash out on a proper macro lens. It's not in perfect condition but it works and the optics seem sound from what I've seen so far. Plus I quite like playing around with manual focus anyway so it's right up my street and a bargain at the price.

Sadly all I've had time for this evening are some quick snapshots around the house. Come the weekend I'll get out and about and get creative regardless of whether I've got the Tamron lens or not, then hopefully I'll have a shot or two worth posting.

Thanks again for all the greetings!

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on New Pentax User at 31/01/2011 - 23:34

MarkTaylor
sam-joseph wrote:
So your first DSLR is a K5, eh? Overachiever!

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Regards
Originally I was saving up for a K-7... then the K-5 came out. Some of the images people were posting from this camera are just incredible in terms of the sheer detail and colour fidelity. Impressive enough to save for 2 or 3 more months for, I thought. So I did.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on New Pentax User at 28/01/2011 - 13:06

MarkTaylor
Don't worry, despite being Scottish I can speak "Nearly Proper English" (If I have to :mrgreen.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Pick a date for the Scotland meet at 26/01/2011 - 22:47

MarkTaylor
Thanks. Actually if it wasn't for the K-5 I'd have been a Pentax owner a while sooner. I was originally saving up for a K-7 but then the K-5 came out and I was blown away by the amazing images people were posting, so I had to save up for a bit longer. I'm sure it will turn out to have been worth the wait.

Going off topic a bit, sorry, just excited about getting my camera next week.

Comment by MarkTaylor posted on Pick a date for the Scotland meet at 26/01/2011 - 22:07

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo