Jetsam1

Joined: 2nd July 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Jetsam1
Dangermouse wrote:
I nearly bid on a Spotty today until I noticed two things - missing triangular strap lugs and the blurb "In good cosmetic condition"!

Still keeping eyes open for a tidy, working example with or without lens for around £20. I have a near mint Super Tak 35mm f3.5, ever ready case, and original leather strap to suit one but lack the camera body to tie all of those together.
I got lucky recently with a good condition SP F on the 'bay for £12. It can still happen.

What is the volume of a standard lens anyway?

Comment by Jetsam1 posted on That`s almost 2 fluid oz........................................... at 15/10/2010 - 09:29

Jetsam1
Dangermouse wrote:
Bear in mind that it's still very possible to buy black and white film and home develop it, you don't even need a darkroom if you have one of the Agfa Rondinax developing tanks (like mine) and a film scanner.
I will do one day....... Just haven't got available space as yet. This would be the way forward though...

Comment by Jetsam1 posted on Nearly bargain..... :-( (Actually probably still is really..) at 30/09/2010 - 07:54

Jetsam1
Algernon wrote:
There's 3 BIG Canon FD lenses on ebay right now. ?
They look terrifying!

I haven't really been able to get on with the ME Super, not sure why.........

Comment by Jetsam1 posted on Nearly bargain..... :-( (Actually probably still is really..) at 29/09/2010 - 14:12

Jetsam1
Dangermouse wrote:
Is "one example from each of the main four" a valid excuse for me being intrigued by Canon T-80s and their oddball AF lenses?
I'd say so!

I like cameras because they're fun, and it's fun to muck about with odd things....... I like taking a chance on really cheap things as well.

I'll have a look out for another body as it would be a shame not to use the collection of lenses for it........ Or any other OM series as they should fit.......

Comment by Jetsam1 posted on Nearly bargain..... :-( (Actually probably still is really..) at 29/09/2010 - 10:32

Jetsam1
At a local charity shop found an Olympus OM10 with a Miranda flash, 28mm and 50 mm Olympus Zuiko lenses and a 135mm Sirius lens.

Price paid. £10. Couldn't say no to that........

Got back home and I think the body is dead, tried batteries from my ME Super which I know work without any joy. Probably not worth getting repaired really as electronics have gone somewhere and I wouldn't have the first clue where to start and would be expensive no doubt.

The lenses are all in top condition though, so wondering about getting a replacement body so at least I can use them....... This would also be my only flash equipped camera!

Not Pentax I know! But am trying to have at least one example from the main 4 manufacturers.............

Comment by Jetsam1 posted on Nearly bargain..... :-( (Actually probably still is really..) at 28/09/2010 - 16:01

Jetsam1
Fantastic! I love Labradors.............

Comment by Jetsam1 posted on A new addition to our family at 21/09/2010 - 12:46

Jetsam1
Today I have been doing a few shots of a local village and am planning to continue this afternoon with a trip into the local town and an attempt to be artistic!!!

The "project" is involving my Spotmatic F's and only the 55mm lenses for added difficulty factor! One set shot with Kodak BW400CN and the other with Fuji Reala 100.

It just so happens to be a reasonably bright day..........

(Did something similar with a test film for my ME Super. However none of them really came out as I'd hoped, not convinced about the camera as I can't physically see the LED's in any kind of light!!!!!)

Comment by Jetsam1 posted on Have given myself a little film "project"........ at 21/09/2010 - 12:30

Jetsam1
Oh well. I just got hold of a very good condition 55mm F2 Super Takumar at a fairly good price. It is now fitted with a yellow filter on the Spotmatic F which has some BW400CN loaded.

Stop down metering only, but hopefully this will give some good B+W images.

The two Spotties.......

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jetsam1/IMGP4637.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by Jetsam1 posted on Helios 44m4 58mm F2 on a Spotmatic F? at 21/09/2010 - 10:46

Jetsam1
That blue Spotmatic is absolutely brilliant!

I'm not brave enough to do anything like that to either of mine though!!

Comment by Jetsam1 posted on More painted Pentax.! at 17/09/2010 - 11:56

Jetsam1
I'm currently putting a film in a Spotmatic F...............


Comment by Jetsam1 posted on K5, Kr, full frame (?) it's all to little too late at 15/09/2010 - 09:31

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo