hefty1

Joined: 28th June 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

hefty1
Woo-hoo! 3rd place; my best result yet!

Well done everybody, tough call this week although I think I would have picked Gartmore's entry too - reminded me of geese in flight. And well done Karma for judging - nice summary.

Comment by hefty1 posted on Weekly Competition Number 16: Patterns at 29/10/2007 - 09:21

hefty1
I like the patterns in smoke the best... I can see a man looking down at a monkey in this one

Comment Image


K10D / D-FA 100 Macro / f11 / 1-125sec / ISO 100 / AF360FGZ / home-made snoot

Comment by hefty1 posted on Weekly Competition Number 16: Patterns at 23/10/2007 - 21:53

hefty1
Get a dictionary, open it up to a page at random and stick a pin in it. The word you select is the title of your next photograph - think of it as a personal one (wo)man competition, albeit one with no reward apart from self satisfaction.

I've done this a few times, only about 50% of the time do I end up with what I set out to capture but at least I've captured something...

Comment by hefty1 posted on Inspiration? at 22/10/2007 - 10:18

hefty1
I've spent the last couple of days taking (literally!) hundreds of photos around my village. I adore anything orange and I also adore my D-FA100 Macro, the upshot of which is that I have lots and lots of close-ups of leaves on the turn and I thought I'd share a few of my favourites with you all.

This is my first attempt at adding frames to my photos (after being impressed by several I've seen on this forum) and I'm not sure if they suit my subjects or not? I've tried a couple of different types and I'd appreciate any comments on them or on the subject of framing photos in general.

Thanks for looking!

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by hefty1 posted on Autumn Colours at 18/10/2007 - 22:41

hefty1
I had an Epson which I liked very much, after several years' service it died and I bought a Canon, after a year I gave that to a nephew 'cos I didn't like it and I bought another Epson which I like very much.

Not a direct comparison to the printers you're looking at I know, but I think I'll be sticking with Epson from now on...

Comment by hefty1 posted on Printers at 18/10/2007 - 00:42

hefty1
I've just bought Kim's FA43 Limited from him and in the absence of any eBay-style feedback on these forums I thought I'd weigh in to say that it was exactly as described and in fantastic condition for a very good price. Recommended seller!

Comment by hefty1 posted on Pentax Lenses at 22/10/2007 - 14:10

hefty1
Congratulations Karma - a worthy winner!

Well done nilblue for judging, one of the trickiest I've seen so far I reckon.

Comment by hefty1 posted on Weekly Competition No. 15 "Favourite Places" at 22/10/2007 - 14:06

hefty1
Favourite place? Aylesbury Vale - that's why I live here...

Comment Image


K10D / DA18-55 @ 43mm / f4.5 / 1-60sec / 100ISO

14 October 2007, Waddesdon Manor

Comment by hefty1 posted on Weekly Competition No. 15 "Favourite Places" at 20/10/2007 - 14:56

hefty1
Try Simply Bearings Ltd; a packet of 10x 1mm chrome steel hardened ball bearings is 60p +VAT. Delivery is £1.25. Link to their relevant page: https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_descripti...

Good luck!

Comment by hefty1 posted on Parts at 13/10/2007 - 16:56

hefty1
So I see! Unfortunately, trying to keep cars rust free in our damp climate is a bit like trying to push water uphill...

Comment by hefty1 posted on Couple more old Automobile Images. at 13/10/2007 - 16:44

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo