George Lazarette

Joined: 14th January 2004

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

George Lazarette
Lovely use of light.

Comment by George Lazarette posted on An afternoon out at 17/04/2024 - 11:12

George Lazarette
Everyone of these pictures is excellent, but there's a whole lot of them.

Very well done.

Comment by George Lazarette posted on Berwick Bridges at 16/04/2024 - 22:23

George Lazarette
Many thanks for your replies, chaps, especially to Kris. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

I have to say I had to sit down for a moment when I saw the prices of film today. Shooting film has become a rich man's hobby!

But in a way that's good. It forces you to think carefully about each shot. Quality before quantity.

Comment by George Lazarette posted on Which colour film? Slide or neg. at 16/04/2024 - 08:38

George Lazarette
johnriley wrote:
Impeccable as always, and welcome back!
Thank you. Good to be back.

George

Comment by George Lazarette posted on Arrival of K-1 III is imminent! at 14/04/2024 - 23:18

George Lazarette
The last time I bought a film to put into a camera was probably in 2003 or 4, which was when I bought my *ist D and stopped using film. Quite a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then.

As stated elsewhere, I have just acquired a K-1, and this has led me to review my motley collection of cameras and lenses. In the former category I have a couple of Spotmatics (they never die) and a working example of my favourite Pentax camera, the Super-A. My PZ 1-P (a truly formidable camera) was sold years ago.

Fondling these once-cherished machines brought on a wave of nostalgia, and I thought how nice it would be to put some film in them and remind myself what they can do.

But what film? I would want to have colour (because that's where Pentax lenses really shine), and I would want to have scans. But what sort of film is best for this? Traditionally, slide film was much better than neg. Is that still the case? What do the film experts recommend?

Thanks for any advice that might be forthcoming.

George

Comment by George Lazarette posted on Which colour film? Slide or neg. at 14/04/2024 - 22:48

George Lazarette
The reason I know this is that after several years away from photography I have just acquired a used K-1. It is therefore almost inevitable that the K-1 Mk 3 will be announced in the very near future and the prices of the earlier versions will plummet.

'Twas ever thus.

Comment by George Lazarette posted on Arrival of K-1 III is imminent! at 14/04/2024 - 22:17

George Lazarette
Mag07 wrote:
The OP was talking about his K1
You are right. I am getting old.

G

Comment by George Lazarette posted on Interval movie frames count as shutter actuations (K-1) at 25/02/2017 - 20:12

George Lazarette
Swans are a bit of a hardy perennial, and it's hard to make a picture of a swan that is going to make anybody stop dead in their tracks and say: "WOW!". Nonetheless, there is a pleasing simplicity to the second swan picture.

The dogs are a good capture. I might have cropped to remove the step on the left, but that's a quibble. This is a very appealing image.

The people in front of the horses help to provide a sense of scale. The stuff on the left is a bit distracting, but cropping would make the image too square. I know Scotland is a long way from the home of Lea and Perrins, but if you get back there it would be good to have another go. The Kelpies make a very dramatic subject.

Comment by George Lazarette posted on scotland at 25/02/2017 - 20:01

George Lazarette
Mag07 wrote:
K1 is good for 300 k clicks...
Indeed. But this K1 is actually a K3.

G

Comment by George Lazarette posted on Interval movie frames count as shutter actuations (K-1) at 25/02/2017 - 19:42

George Lazarette
I'd just like to state that whilst others may have defected and repented, I just went quiet for a while.

Comment by George Lazarette posted on Bad News at Nikon? at 25/02/2017 - 18:10

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo