Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

An afternoon out

Spad
Posted 17/04/2024 - 00:49 Link
I spent an afternoon out in the Hope Valley.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
The Legendary Terry Pratchett once said:
At the beginning there was nothing... which exploded
rick
Posted 17/04/2024 - 08:29 Link
Nice set, particularly like the boat on the lake/reservoir with the rain/hail hitting the surface.
Pentax KP / HD 18-50mm / Ricoh GR iii
George Lazarette
Posted 17/04/2024 - 11:12 Link
Lovely use of light.
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
1stEverPentax
Posted 17/04/2024 - 11:24 Link
That boat image definite standout for me Spad...others are good too.

Regards

Karlo
Lubbyman
Posted 17/04/2024 - 11:58 Link
The first and third stand out at first glance as beautiful pictures. But the one that has become my favourite after looking at the set several times is the last one. And that's because I'm drawn in by the glimpses of light on the track, then notice how the branches above and the tree to left of centre prod my eyes towards the sun, and how that's supported by all the major lines in the picture ... and so on. Even a few sparkly rays from the sun. It's the one that the viewer has to work at to really appreciate it, but once you've worked at it - wow!! (I've also got a soft spot for pictures with mysterious paths that wander off to goodness knows where )

Steve
pschlute
Posted 17/04/2024 - 19:51 Link
The light sprang eternal for you.
bforbes
Posted 17/04/2024 - 20:25 Link
I'd be very happy if I'd taken 1 and 3
Spad
Posted 18/04/2024 - 12:33 Link
Thank you all for your kind words!

The first 3 are pretty much ractionary shots. Either perfect light or an interesting view...

The last one.... that was pretty much a set piece image. I was driving and I saw all the light casting thru the trees. So out came the tripod and ND1000 filter. I was waiting 30 to 45 for the light to do its thing. It did its thing and I hit the shutter release, that ran for 90 seconds... that got the image I had in my head!
Posted 18/04/2024 - 14:57 Link
Beautiful photos, I love number one and number three the best. What camera did you use because the colours are wonderfully rich, just like what my K200D produces
Spad
Posted 18/04/2024 - 16:37 Link
WiltshireBorn wrote:
Beautiful photos, I love number one and number three the best. What camera did you use because the colours are wonderfully rich, just like what my K200D produces

Thank you

A K3 with the Pentax 55 to 200 on the first one.... but the crucial fact about that image, is that a polariser was used (actually on all images except the last), and the first 2 are 5 exposure merges.
Edited by Spad: 18/04/2024 - 16:43
davidwozhere
Posted 18/04/2024 - 23:09 Link
Is that first one near High Bradfield by any chance?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Spad
Posted 18/04/2024 - 23:28 Link
No.... it's Bamford.
LennyBloke
Posted 19/04/2024 - 21:29 Link
An afternoon well spent!

Another super little set - the boat on the water is particularly magical, but they are all great quality
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.