Gedski

Joined: 18th November 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Gedski
johnriley wrote:
Glasses are a personal thing, but because I use cameras I use monofocal lenses. It may mean two pairs, but it's much easier to use the viewfinder.
Good thinking about the glasses, John. I shall try that. Any opinions about the magnifying viewfinder, please?

Comment by Gedski posted on Chinon auto zoom lens. at 02/12/2011 - 16:57

Gedski
Thanks very much, John. I've had my K-r ten days or so now but have only used it in the back garden, just messing about.

I've spent the rest of my time messing with the menus. I'm sure that I'll figure it all out sometime. Like your good self, John, I wear spectacles. Mine are varifoculs and looking through the viewfinder can be a little difficult. I've been looking at a magnifying 1.2 viewfinder. how much bigger does the viewfider look? I know it is 1.2 but how much bigger does 1.2 look in reality? Can you advise as to whether or not they are worth buying?

Comment by Gedski posted on Chinon auto zoom lens. at 02/12/2011 - 15:45

Gedski
Thanks for the assistance, chaps. I didn't think that I could get a lot for the Chinon lens, perhaps £20 or so.

However, rummaging through my 'junk' I have found a Vivitar MC 2x-22 teleconverter. It is also in 'as new' condition. Similar question regarding this as for the zoom lens, although I am seriously thinking about using this if it is compatible with my K-r.

Could someone please remind me, assuming that I ever knew, the rules regarding the use of teleconverters. I am thinking things like f-stops and light conditions etcetra.

Comment by Gedski posted on Chinon auto zoom lens. at 02/12/2011 - 14:56

Gedski
I am hoping that this is where it should be. More assistance, advice required, please.

I have a Chinon auto 35-200mm k mount zoom lens from my days of having a Chinon CP7 film slr camera. It feels a little heavy compared to my K-r 50-200 zoom lens that is provide with the K-r bundle.

I am wondering if the Chinon lens will work with the K-r or any other camera that uses the K mount system? I have not any intention of using it as I prefer to use my K-r 'stuff'. However, I am considering if it may be worth trying to sell it. Although it is around thirty years old it is in excellent condition being completely unmarked and exceptionally clean.

Comment by Gedski posted on Chinon auto zoom lens. at 02/12/2011 - 12:02

Gedski
I would appreciate it if one of you 'pundits' could confirm or otherwise my understanding of SDHC cards.

The class of the card, 2, 4, 6 and 10 refer to the speed at which the card gets the photograph onto your camera, [laymans language]. Ten being the best? and the quickest.

The gb of the card from two upwards refers to the number of photograph you can get from said card, depending upon which quality of photograph that you want. In the days of my bridge camera I always used the best [fine]. I intend to carry on in this mode with my K-r. Observations and clarifications are what I am asking for. Kind regards.

Comment by Gedski posted on SDHC cards for K-r at 02/12/2011 - 11:50

Gedski
Thanks very much Matt. Isn't it easy when someone shows you the light?

Comment by Gedski posted on Start point and finish point using the e-dial, K-r. at 01/12/2011 - 00:46

Gedski
When using the e-dial is there a start and finish point? For instance, does it start from as far to the right as it will go and finish as far on the left as it will go? If so, what goes on in between these two points? I'm struggling to sort it out.

Comment by Gedski posted on Start point and finish point using the e-dial, K-r. at 29/11/2011 - 19:03

Gedski
As someone also new to photo editing might I offer this? I have tried the free versions of most of the available software suites, Elements. Corel,Serif and some of the free ones as well. I have come across Photolightning by accident.

It is not as comprehensive as the others but for a beginner it is pretty good. You can have a go for free. Just type in Photolightning and you will be on the website. Download the free version and have a go. I think it is pretty good. Good luck.

Comment by Gedski posted on Recommendations for image editing software at 29/11/2011 - 18:03

Gedski
Many thanks, pentaxian450, I am obliged. Canuck, now there's a term that takes me back to my Royal Naval days.

Comment by Gedski posted on Reset, page 310. at 29/11/2011 - 01:34

Gedski
As some of you may well be aware by now, I'm a complete novice with DSLR. I have a Pentax K-r. For the past five or six days I have been 'messing' around with the multivarious menus and controls.

On page 310 of the manual, there is an option to 'reset' everything to the default settings, except I think, the date and home city. Am I correct in assuming that by following the instructions on said page that all the other settings in my camera revert to as they were when I bought it?

Please forgive if this may seem obvious to the more knowledgeable of you but I don't want to damage my K-r in any way.

Comment by Gedski posted on Reset, page 310. at 29/11/2011 - 00:16

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo