Gedski

Joined: 18th November 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Gedski
Charlotte wrote:
Here's a link to instruction regarding posting photos on the fourm;

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/how-to-post-images-6624
Thank you Charlotte, much appreciated. I've just had a look at the photographs via your link. I think that I shall quit before I sink without a trace.

Comment by Gedski posted on My first serious effort, literately, with my K-r, opinions please. at 14/12/2011 - 12:46

Gedski
Would you please forgive me if I am in the wrong place. I have uploaded three photographs into my gallery with appropriate comments. However, I really wanted them to appear in one of the forums so as to attract more comments. Unfortunately I do not know how to do that. I would like you all to either shoot them down in flames or more likely hail the newest photographic rising star! These are amongst my first serious attempt to use my K-r, this morning.

If some kind soul could put my photographs where they should be I would be most grateful. Also, could someone tell me how to include photographs into my posts, if that is allowed?

The three photographs are all 'as is', that is to say that I have only cropped them and used something called 'sharpen'. This is one of the editing features in the very easy to use 'Photolightning' photo' editing software, that I 'try' to utilise. Kind regards.

Comment by Gedski posted on My first serious effort, literately, with my K-r, opinions please. at 14/12/2011 - 12:33

Gedski
Gedski wrote:
Once again I am obliged to you guys.

gartmore. I have uv filters on both of my lenses. That bit of advice has been, up until now, unanimous. The main use, I'm assured is to protect your original lenses and the polariser is an important accessory. Have I wasted my money? Ps. All three of my filters are 'Hoya', I assumed that they are top class.
Eureka!!! Being of superior intelligence, I wondered if the rise in temperature from the outside to the inside, was causing the two filters to expand and so become as one, so to speak. So! Without further ado I escorted said filters to the exterior and left them for ten minutes or so to ponder upon their awkwardness. Sure enough, after the allotted time had expired, they came apart with one twist. I'll not forget that again, will I?

Comment by Gedski posted on How to remove my polarisung filter? at 13/12/2011 - 15:51

Gedski
Once again I am obliged to you guys.

gartmore. I have uv filters on both of my lenses. That bit of advice has been, up until now, unanimous. The main use, I'm assured is to protect your original lenses and the polariser is an important accessory. Have I wasted my money? Ps. All three of my filters are 'Hoya', I assumed that they are top class.

Comment by Gedski posted on How to remove my polarisung filter? at 13/12/2011 - 15:14

Gedski
I have put my polariser filter onto my uv filter. Now, try as I might, I can't get the polariser filter off again. Help!

Comment by Gedski posted on How to remove my polarisung filter? at 13/12/2011 - 14:15

Gedski
Charlotte and geordie01. Muchly thankings to you both, you've made a happy man very old, that doesn't sound right. Oh! Never mind.

Comment by Gedski posted on K-r dial settings, question ... at 10/12/2011 - 12:59

Gedski
: Help please, can someone enlighten me?

Comment by Gedski posted on K-r dial settings, question ... at 10/12/2011 - 09:19

Gedski
My K-r settings dial is always set to the 'auto pict' setting. However, whenever I switch on the camera and looking at the info screen, in the top left corner I always see the 'macro auto pict' settings icon.

By going through each dial setting manually, I see the correct picture for each mode. When I return to the 'auto pict' mode I still see the macro icon. Is this normal?

Comment by Gedski posted on K-r dial settings, question ... at 07/12/2011 - 10:47

Gedski
Thanks nass. I've printed this out.

Comment by Gedski posted on Photographing startrails with the K-r, mor assistance please. at 06/12/2011 - 18:35

Gedski
Honestly, I'm impressed with all of the assistance available and given on 'User'. Here is an A.S.Q. [another stupid question].

Startrails, hypothetically speaking. All is set up and ready to shoot. Assuming that the trails require about thirty minutes exposure and my battery is fully charged, is there enough 'juice' to do a thirty minute effort or will the battery give up the ghost, so to speak?

Comment by Gedski posted on Photographing startrails with the K-r, mor assistance please. at 06/12/2011 - 12:49

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo