Gedski

Joined: 18th November 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Gedski
My appreciation to you all. Another new camera, the K-01 would have to wait until Christmas. In the meantime I shall save for the 'Hoodman' thingy. I see that there is an option to buy the rubber bands that fix the Hoodman to the camera, thereby allowing both hands to be free to use the camera. It looks pretty good.
Regards to all,
Jan.

Comment by Gedski posted on LCD screens ... at 06/03/2012 - 16:50

Gedski
JohnX wrote:
Take a look at this;

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-hoodman-3-inch-lcd-screen-loupe/p1031516?cm_...

Also, don't forget that you can adjust the brightness of the monitor/lcd screen in the Set-up menu
Thanks JohnX, that looks pretty good but I'll have to save up out of my state pension.I had forgotten about the in camera lcd screen adjustment. Muchly appreciated.

Comment by Gedski posted on LCD screens ... at 05/03/2012 - 18:33

Gedski
I have, in the past, tried various screen shades but have not found one that does a good enough job. I have also done the 'hand over the LCD' method but I feel that that defeats the object of having an LCD option. I am hoping that the K-01's LCD will be above the average. There seems to be no reference as to the standard of the LCD screen, compared to other LCD's, on the Pentax K-01 website and publicity screens. Time will tell, I suppose.

Comment by Gedski posted on LCD screens ... at 05/03/2012 - 16:34

Gedski
In the last few months I have noticed that i am finding it a little more difficult to see the green focus icon in the viewfinder, although I am still managing to take a few decent pictures [please see my grey 'squiggel'in my gallery].

The problem has set me thinking about using the LCD screen for my photography. However, this in itself presents the problem of trying to actually see a picture using the LCD. Even in normal outdoor light it is rather difficult and near impossible in bright sunlight. Even using the proprietory screen shades doesn't make much difference.

I am wondering about the new K-01. As it has only an LCD with which to take photographs, does anyone know how good the LCD is? Failing this can anyone recommend any dslr that has a workable LCD?

Comment by Gedski posted on LCD screens ... at 05/03/2012 - 12:35

Gedski
There should follow three photographs taken by me this morning.[IMG]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Gedski14/park220212014_Edit_1.jpg[/IMG]

It seems that there may be only one. Oh! heck, what have I been and gone and done?

[IMG]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Gedski14/park220212010_Edit_1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Gedski14/park220212007_Edit_1.jpg[/IMG]

Well, somehow I have managed to get the three pictures uploaded!

The two trees were taken on 'landscape' mode and the holly in macro mode, I think. They all have only been cropped and sharpened. I am not in any way able to use 'Photoshop' or it's like. I do make us of 'Photolightning'. It is a very simple and basic editing piece of software but I find it usable.

These 'pics' are also in my gallery. Please feel free to offer up any and all advice and or ridicule. All are welcome. Kind regards.

Comment by Gedski posted on Novices K-r 'pics'. at 23/02/2012 - 13:23

Gedski
ukwizard wrote:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments!

I think Ill go with the K5, and try to stretch the budget a bit!
ukwizard. Which ever you choose, the K-r or the K-5, you'll be very happy. I have the K-r. It is far better than the Canon 1100D, I've used both. Also, according to a neighbour, he wishes that he chose the K-r instead of the Nikon 3100, after seeing mine.

If you can make it, get the k-5 as it is weather proof and does all plus more than the K-r. I am hoping that the K-5 price drops later this year so I can upgrade. Thay are both exceptional cameras.

Comment by Gedski posted on K-5 with kit lens, or K-r + extra (better) lens at 07/02/2012 - 07:18

Gedski
Thanks MattMatic,
I understand what you are saying and have handwritten your post down in my notebook. I've had a look at ev stops but as yet I am still coming to terms with a full blown dslr. I will however, get there in the end. there seems to be so much to do at the same time before you can take a photograph.

Comment by Gedski posted on My first K-r effort ... at 03/02/2012 - 15:05

Gedski
Please forgive me all this '***ing' about. this is my first effort at doing this.

The picture above is as in my gallery. It was taken a little before dawn, this morning. It is my first deliberate attempt to take a proper photograph using my new K-r.

All I have done to it is to crop it and saturate the colour a little. I can only ask you to accept my word that the colours of the sky were not too far away from these colours anyway.

I was attempting to create the colours of the spectrum from black through the range and back to black again. It was taken handheld. I would muchly appreciate comments from anyone who feels the need. Kind regards.

PS. My thanks to Prieni for his post about using Photobucket, although I'm still not sure how I managed to do it.

Comment by Gedski posted on My first K-r effort ... at 03/02/2012 - 14:13

Gedski
There should be a 'pic' below.[IMG]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Gedski14/Dawn020_Edit_2.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by Gedski posted on My first K-r effort ... at 03/02/2012 - 14:05

Gedski
Further to my moon effort. I have uploaded into 'my' and 'the' gallery two more efforts. The moon is just a 'mess' about but the pre dawn picture is a serious attempt at a photograph. It was taken very early this morning. The caption explains the rest.

To save my wasting forum space if someone could give me very simple to understand instructions, for uploading into the forum, it would be most appreciated. I will try to follow them.

Comment by Gedski posted on My first K-r effort ... at 03/02/2012 - 11:30

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo