Gedski

Joined: 18th November 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Gedski
matwhittington, your comments are appreciated also. In mitigation for my 'dark moon', I should add that the moon was behind a rather large see through type cloud, if you see what I am trying to say. It has been like that all evening here, neither fully cloudy nor clear.

Comment by Gedski posted on My first K-r effort ... at 03/02/2012 - 00:12

Gedski
My feelings as well, snappychappy but I will get better, I hope! Your comment is appreciated, thanks very much.

Comment by Gedski posted on My first K-r effort ... at 02/02/2012 - 21:17

Gedski
I have just managed to upload my first K-r effort of a photo' of the moon, taken about half an hour ago. Yes, I know two or three have done it before me!

It was taken handheld on manual with f8,ISO 200 and 1/500th of a second, I think! I have to admit that I didn't work all that out by myself but read up somewhere about what to do. I think that the fnumber should have been f11 but I couldn't get it to change from the f8.

Aa it was freezing cold I just took it anyway. I don't know how to get the picture into the forum and I don't want to get involved with 'Flickr' anyway. So could some of you 'boffins' take a 'dekko' in the gallery and tell me that it is a work of art, please?

PS. The picture has only been cropped, nothing else.

Comment by Gedski posted on My first K-r effort ... at 02/02/2012 - 20:15

Gedski
milamber.Been and gone and done it! At last, I'm beginning to see the light, I think. I have been assuming and looking for all of the five points to show. What a 'Rodney'!

For the first time since I got my K-r back, I am able to go and do some photography, this Wednesday [weather permitting]. Up till now it has all been my back garden and using the 'autopilot'. I'll have a go using the 'Av' and 'Tv' and see what turns out. Thanks for the assistance gentlemen.

Comment by Gedski posted on K-r focusing, 5 point or one, help please? at 30/01/2012 - 16:15

Gedski
Thanks wvbarnes. You have just given me the push that I needed to venture forth from 'autopilot' mode and johnriley, you have just, in one sentence, put me right, on when the camera is focused. The green hexagon.

My only other question is this. No matter which of the three focus point systems I choose, when I look through the viewfinder I will see only one focus point lit up in red. Right or wrong?

Comment by Gedski posted on K-r focusing, 5 point or one, help please? at 30/01/2012 - 14:55

Gedski
Thanks chaps. Am I right in thinking that even though my focus point is in the centre, all my photographs should still be in focus and not blurred around the edges?:

Comment by Gedski posted on K-r focusing, 5 point or one, help please? at 30/01/2012 - 10:23

Gedski
The information screen on my K-r shows the default five point system. When I half press the shutter button I see only the centre focus point highlighted. Am I doing something wrong and if so, what?

Comment by Gedski posted on K-r focusing, 5 point or one, help please? at 29/01/2012 - 13:11

Gedski
As I wear varifoculs I can have some difficulty in reading all the information in the K-r viewfinder. I have been looking for magnifyers on the internet.

Does anyone have any experience using either the Pentax O-ME53 or the TENPA-P magnifyer that I found on the internet? For that matter, any magnifyers at all.

Comment by Gedski posted on TENPA-P magnifying viewfinder. at 28/01/2012 - 16:03

Gedski
Andrew,There is only one thing worse than bad publicity -- no publicity at all. I don't care what you say about me, just make sure that you spell my name correctly. Publish and be damned, let's give everyone a giigle.

Comment by Gedski posted on Misty / Moist Hoya Circular Polarizing Filter at 22/01/2012 - 18:27

Gedski
Andrew, don't buy from a scouser! Hee!Hee!

Jan.

Comment by Gedski posted on Misty / Moist Hoya Circular Polarizing Filter at 22/01/2012 - 11:56

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo