fritzthedog

Joined: 25th July 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

fritzthedog
bwlchmawr wrote:
I am sorry you cannot appreciate the beauty of monochrome pictures.
Totally agree with Andrew - one of my greatest photographic pleasures is seeing something in the viewfinder that I know will work well produced as a mono image and then finding out if I was correct. With the right subject - a well produced monochrome image can have much more impact than colour. If I were to choose my favourite 10 images I have taken over the past 5 years - I suspect at least half would be mono.

Carl

Comment by fritzthedog posted on Henri Cartier-Bresson at 07/10/2015 - 08:12

fritzthedog
Welcome to the forum and the world of exposure compensation - which is completely normal - I regularly have my K3 set to anything up to +1 and my K5iis to -0.7

Carl

Comment by fritzthedog posted on Another newbie at 07/10/2015 - 08:03

fritzthedog
Even though it is the most photographed castle in the UK - this one has for a long time been on my 'to do' list.

I just hope that when I eventually get around to it - I manage to get a couple of shots as good as your floodlit shots - very nice indeed.

Carl

Comment by fritzthedog posted on Eilean Donan day and night at 07/10/2015 - 07:57

fritzthedog
I also am currently using the K5iis and K3.

Which do I prefer? In all honesty - I do not know - I have had the 5 a long time and the 3 only a couple of months. I tend to use them fairly equally - the K3 was not intended as a replacement

To me - the K5iis - does handle low light slightly better, the K3 is marginally faster to focus - but you only notice if really looking for a difference.

My K5iis slightly over exposes (0.3)- the K3 under exposes - sometimes by as much as 1.0

I think I am starting to discover that some lenses seem to prefer the K5iis (e.g. Sigma 10-20) while others prefer the K3 (e.g. DA 17-70)

All in all - trying to be objective - I do not actually think that in the real world there is a massive amount of difference.

Carl

Comment by fritzthedog posted on Looking for thoughts from anyone who upgraded from K-5ii to K-3 (or K-3ii) please? at 06/10/2015 - 16:02

fritzthedog
Classic shots in oh so many ways - brilliant set and the last one is so evocative of it's time - I can almost hear the music he would have listened to - can taste the beer he would have been drinking - and can see the dreadful polyester shirts he would have been wearing on a night 'up town'

Carl

Comment by fritzthedog posted on Way Back When set 1 at 06/10/2015 - 15:49

fritzthedog
A small sequence from my trip to Croft with Barrie Forbes last weekend. Not the best IQ shots of the day - but certainly the 'closest' racing of the day! From the second he clipped the grass - you cold just sense what he was going to do.

Carl

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by fritzthedog posted on Guess what happened next? at 03/10/2015 - 11:41

fritzthedog
Nice set Barrie - particularly like the low angle on the second one and the slanted angle on the Porsche works well

Carl

Comment by fritzthedog posted on Battle of Britain Race Meeting - Croft at 29/09/2015 - 20:18

fritzthedog
Algernon wrote:
Have VW produced any test figures yet?


--
Taken during the test
Comment Image


Taken after the test
Comment Image




Carl

Comment by fritzthedog posted on New! Pentax HD D-FA 24-70mm F2.8 SDM WR at 25/09/2015 - 12:56

fritzthedog
RobL wrote:
why would Pentax, which is in the process of reviving its reputation for great lenses, risk that with an inferior quality manufacturer? .
Inferior? If it is made by Tamron and if it is nearly as good as their 70-200 2.8 - it would be a stunningly good lens.

Carl

Comment by fritzthedog posted on New! Pentax HD D-FA 24-70mm F2.8 SDM WR at 25/09/2015 - 11:59

fritzthedog
Given the price you can pick one up for - I would suggest it is time for a replacement or an upgrade.

If you really do want another Km - a quick look on ebay shows that a number have sold recently for between £40 and £70. There is one for sale currently with 1 day to go at a start price of £59 and no bids - also includes the 18-55 lens - both described as little used and in perfect condition.

Or perhaps something a little better that retains the features you like - such as the ability to take AA batteries - e.g. the Kr - which reminds me - must get my Kr advertised on ebay - it has been sitting back in it's box for over a year!

Good luck

Carl

Comment by fritzthedog posted on K-m Power on issue at 24/09/2015 - 15:41

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo